Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Majiya Deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Majiya Deck

Just figured I'd post my current Majiya deck.
    As far as I have seen, it's extremely flexible in dealing with different opponent types. Swarming creatures to take down the Amber/Gwen, and using burn to down the other heroes. Although, you will mainly be using your burn for board control - as the monsters will invariably begin accounting for more damage than your burn spells, so protecting them by clearing monsters becomes more important than claiming say, 2 extra points of damage against the enemy hero.

Win/Loss/Draw
    34 - 3 - 1

All three losses being to Gwen decks when I first began play.

Deck - 31 Cards (Excluding Majiya)

Majiya

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Brutalis
    3x Fire Snake
    2x Belladonna
    2x Plasma Behemoth

4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    2x Research
    2x Bloodlust
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Supernova
    1x Snow Sapphire

For a 40 card variation you would add the following:
    2x Belladonna
    1x Fire Snake
    1x Plasma Behemoth
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    1x Supernova
    1x Snow Sapphire
    1x Research

Fire Snake basically nullifies early Blake, and allows you to clear the field with Brute + 3rd turn Bloodlust if need be. Otherwise he just stands as an extra source of damage until they waste an attack/resource to get rid of him. All of this makes him quite valuable, and as a Majiya you don't really need to worry about late game dead draws thanks to your ability + research.

Gargoyle is the star of the show, standing on board for extremely long periods of time and more than making up for his cost by clearing away monsters and being able to withstand assaults from almost any other creature. It nearly always takes 2 resources to get rid of him, so I feel he is definitely justified at max use.

In a 30 card variation, you only need 2 Belladonna's, as most of the time she will only be giving you a card draw and then dying. Of course, in the 40 card variation, having access to more draw is greatly welcomed. I would run her at maximum, but she doesn't fit the bill of the other creatures and their incredible durability.

Plasma Behemoth wins the game if he lands about 90% of the time, and when he doesn't survive, they have wasted atleast two resources in order to get rid of him, so he's always a great play. I feel that using two fulfills my needs, anything over always felt like overkill.

Research is an extremely powerful card and serves as a draw engine that you are able to use when you need to make a resource dump. So unlike all the other classes, you always have the opportunity to make use of your extra resources without worrying that they have gone to use.

Bloodlust is generally used to control board or swing for game. It's extremely cheap for the bonuses it gives you, and normally leads to easy wins against warrior/hunter/rogue classes. I feel that 2 allows me to draw them consistently enough against the classes that I need them against, without stifling me against the classes that I don't.

Supernova is only used to clear the field when you are at a major disadvantage or deal damage for game. Anything over 2 feels like overkill and leads to me holding dead cards in my hand, it feels perfect at this number.

Snow Sapphire was added to deal with the only Hero that has ever beaten me, Gwen. If you get your SS off, congrats, you win. As you generally only need it late game vs. Gwen, I feel that 1 is warranted, as you simply hold it until necessary and you're golden. Of course there is the chance that you won't draw it at all, but it is only there as an instant 'I win' card. I haven't tested 2, but the 1 has come through on almost every occasion that I've needed it.

Hope you enjoy it, feel free to critique the deck and give me your opinions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your deck sucks.
    To make it less bad you can do that:
    -4 Fireball
    -4 Lightning Strike

+4 Bad Santa
    +4 Bazaar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    Your deck sucks.
    To make it less bad you can do that:
    -4 Fireball
    -4 Lightning Strike

+4 Bad Santa
    +4 Bazaar
    Why are you such an obnoxious asshole

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyPowders View Post
    Why are you such an obnoxious asshole
    Because of this
    this
    this
    this
    this
    this
    this

and

this.

Why we need more of the same? I'm just trying to give him new tips, since he apparently don't like the ones we have.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why we need more of the same? I'm just trying to give him new tips, since he apparently don't like the ones we have.
    +1
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You've posted this crap in every majiya thread. So what if the guy wants to post his deck. If you don't like it, leave it alone. I think it's pretty obnoxious that you go out of your way to give people bad advice. You're not giving anyone "new tips", you're just an asshole.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Avrizinth View Post
    This deck is very similar than the mine. GIdea +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyPowders View Post
    You've posted this crap in every majiya thread. So what if the guy wants to post his deck. If you don't like it, leave it alone. I think it's pretty obnoxious that you go out of your way to give people bad advice. You're not giving anyone "new tips", you're just an asshole.
    What's wrong with Bad Santa and Bazaar? Card draw with Majiya's ability = definite card advantage. Don't see the problem there..

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lideandeyn View Post
    What's wrong with Bad Santa and Bazaar? Card draw with Majiya's ability = definite card advantage. Don't see the problem there..
    Giskard's post is actually a joke.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Because of this
    this
    this
    this
    this
    this
    this

and

this.

@giskard

I am starting to see and understand your viewpoint. Does not mean I agree though!