Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My Prowling Banebow Deck

Hi everyone,

I'm new to SE and i'd like to say a big 'hi' to everyone out there. I used to be a MtG player, and since i found out about SE, i've been hooked.

Anyway, I'd like to share with everyone the deck I'm currently using. Any tips you can give me to make the deck even better would be much appreciated.

I've been seeing a lot of Banebow/Wrath builds recently, and thought I'd experiment with a Banebow/Night Prowler build instead. Here's the breakdown:

Banebow x 1
    Poison Arrow x 2
    Flaming Arrow x 2
    Rapid Fire x 2
    Death Trap x 2
    Into The Forest x 2
    Shriek of Vengeance x 3
    Bad Santa x 3
    Night Prowler x 3
    Soul Seeker x4
    Guardian's Oath x 2
    Fire Snake x 4
    Brutalis x 4
    Infernal Gargoyle x 4
    Plasma Behemoth x 2
    Total: 40 Cards

I guess you guys can figure out the strategy - try to get board control with weenies / cards / Banebow's ability, then disrupt the opponent's strategy by stealing and using their cards.

Some clarifications on some card choices - I decided to go with Guardian's Oath rather than Beetle Demon Bow because I wanted to have all the shadow energy available for Banebow's ability. Fire Snake is a good irritant early in the game and Brutalis and the Gargoyles help me to stay alive and get board control (although i was thinking about Deathbone and Keldor for awhile). Shriek's are great for utility and Into the Forest helps me protect my armour and stall for time.

This deck may not be Tier 1, but so far I'm having a lot of fun with it. Perhaps anyone out there who has tried something similar could share with me their card choices. If you decide to try this out, let me know how it went for you too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you want to take out those Guardians oath, I think they are more wasteful. I see how it can be useful with Banebow's ability, but its not a strong weapon to attack with and you might find that replacing it with allies instead will be more helpful. Here's an example for you, I believe Guardian's Oath costs 5 to play which I think is a 1 too high, but would you rather have a Plasma Behemoth out on the board or that bow? or would you rather have Chimera and an extra resource left, that instance is more helpful in the later game. You will find that 1 resource can make a big difference. I dont think Guardians oath provides enough control, and the name of this game is field control. The best and only way to go about that is with allies. I used to be quite good with Banebow, but my knowledge of how to use a hunter has since dwindled, but I'd take my suggestion and think about adding more allies in there.
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I have just started a similar style. Focusing a deck around rushing to Night Prowler to keep an enemy pinned and without cards. I'm starting from the extreme and working my way back to see what works. I started testing with no allies (aside from beetle demon), and I also tested with human hunters to include retreat for early delays, and late ally steels or beetle returns which didn't work nearly as well as Banebows ability to ward off early ambushes. I'm currently at the stage of including 3 Brutalis to help chip away at the early board when needed to allow night prowler to come out and play. The extreme deck relies almost entirely on the cards you can steal to do damage which means I won't fire the weapon weapon otherwise, unless it is finishing off an enemy to gain board control.

I came here also to see what more experienced players have managed to make work to save me some time. My cards and brief strategy for each are below. The deck is by no means complete.

3 x Brutalis (early game to back up ability, later can help chip away durability of armour or weapons)
    2 x Poison Arrow
    2 x Flaming Arrow
    2 x Death Trap (originally started with more but found these tend to come into play mid-late game when they are not as needed)
    4 x Into the forest (used for keeping armour, allowing arrows to effect, building shadow energy, and can cause late game dark mages to burn high damage spells as they draw for resources when Night Prowler is in play)
    2 x Net Trap
    2 x Here Be Monsters (mid to late game only, burn if in opening hand)
    2 x Shriek of vengance (saved for armour or weapons only to protect Night Prowler)
    1 x Bad Santa (burn early. If drawn while Night Prowler out and board clear/controled can put cards into their hand to steel)
    4 x Night Prowler
    2 x Guardians Oath (it's durability of 5 is the main reason its in the deck, it also wards off weenie allies that mid game can hit armour)
    3 x Beetle Demon Bow (allows earliest setup of Night Prowler, if control of the board is gained his ability is also a better use of saved shadow energy when another bow is in hand)

I'll slowly start to add low cost allies for early board control starting with Deathbone to take down 4 health allies in one hit, or Gargoyles for tanking.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I Just got Raped By A Banebow I Thought I'd Use Aeon And Valient Defender To Prevent Him From Attack But No It Does Not Effect Burn Damage. So Is Plasma Behemoth's Thing Not An Attack It Sure Does Get The Job Done.
    BayArea'sFines7
    Dubstep