Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

AI debugging - 10 things AI does wrong

I took on a small debugging crusade writing down what the AI does wrong in games.

Here's the list:

- The AI will use poison/fire on an ally who has 1 health and then attack him with an ally anyway.
    - Likewise, he will use freeze cards (captured pray, ice, web...) on an ally then attack him with an ally that kills him in one blow.
    - Crippling blow and Captured Prey don't target the strongest ally on table. Once I had Kelador and Snake on table, he decided to do crippling blow on snake :-)
    - Once, a Mage committed suicide. He was 5 health and dropped a Supernova. Ok, he was desparate, but a little too much?
    - AI uses rain delay BEFORE attacking with his allies AND/OR uses rain delay when there are no enemy allies.
    - Likewise, he will use Supernova, Nishaven's speciality and other "kill all" spells before attacking with his allies.
    - AI will deploy a 1 health (or low health) ally alone when there are enemy allies on table which can kill him at once (often wastes Windrunners to Snake/Spark this way).
    - He likes to drop ally protection cards (Valiant defender, Night, etc.) when he doesn't deploy any allies in the next 3 turns (probbably didn't even have them in hand?).
    - He deploys two protect allies cards together (Valiant defender + Night) on the same turn.
    - Likes to drop "Extra sharp" on ally then attack an ally he can kill even without it

This is not just silly, it's also a bug:
    - As AI, Jasmine Rosecut uses her ability on hero :-) didnt happen when I had a weapon, so I cant tell if it has any effect appart from wasting a few resources, but my hero has hearts over him for a turn :-)

Hope this helps.

On a side note, after I've hit level 15-16, the AI suddenly became much more powerful. It was never a challenge levs 5-15, but now he has better cards and is not afraid to use Supernova

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The ai is supposed to be dumb, or some players will never manage to make some gold to buy cards for at least one deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I propose that the ai gets progessivly better like lv 1-3 he's stupid 4-6 dumb 7-9 simple 10-12 kinda smart 13-15 actually has a little startegy 16-18 smart and like 18-28 strategic and 28 on very very smart

or somthing like this as it would give beginners a chance and veterans good practice

just an idea

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would be kinda good. Except your scaling isn't exactly well thought out. I'm at lvl 15 right now, and I've already played TON of games. If people don't know how to play by lvl 15 I suggest for them they find another game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey it was just a thought

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant of Azath View Post
    I took on a small debugging crusade writing down what the AI does wrong in games.

Here's the list:

- The AI will use poison/fire on an ally who has 1 health and then attack him with an ally anyway.
    - Likewise, he will use freeze cards (captured pray, ice, web...) on an ally then attack him with an ally that kills him in one blow.
    - Crippling blow and Captured Prey don't target the strongest ally on table. Once I had Kelador and Snake on table, he decided to do crippling blow on snake :-)
    - Once, a Mage committed suicide. He was 5 health and dropped a Supernova. Ok, he was desparate, but a little too much?
    - AI uses rain delay BEFORE attacking with his allies AND/OR uses rain delay when there are no enemy allies.
    - Likewise, he will use Supernova, Nishaven's speciality and other "kill all" spells before attacking with his allies.
    - AI will deploy a 1 health (or low health) ally alone when there are enemy allies on table which can kill him at once (often wastes Windrunners to Snake/Spark this way).
    - He likes to drop ally protection cards (Valiant defender, Night, etc.) when he doesn't deploy any allies in the next 3 turns (probbably didn't even have them in hand?).
    - He deploys two protect allies cards together (Valiant defender + Night) on the same turn.
    - Likes to drop "Extra sharp" on ally then attack an ally he can kill even without it

This is not just silly, it's also a bug:
    - As AI, Jasmine Rosecut uses her ability on hero :-) didnt happen when I had a weapon, so I cant tell if it has any effect appart from wasting a few resources, but my hero has hearts over him for a turn :-)

Hope this helps.

On a side note, after I've hit level 15-16, the AI suddenly became much more powerful. It was never a challenge levs 5-15, but now he has better cards and is not afraid to use Supernova
    You might want to add bad santa with no cards left in deck and HBM with no cards left in deck and more resources than opponent. Those two are on my list of worst moves it did against me only topped with a supernova killing its own death bone to lose the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also, when you play against a Mage and the AI has Research in their items, when they have no cards left in the deck or to play, they will still use resources to try and draw an extra card and lose health

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The AI definitely needs to be reworked. As it stands now the only time I fight the AI is if I just built a new deck and I want to test how it may play, even then it doesn't really give you a good idea, or I only have time for a short game where I'm not fully paying attention.

We also need to have the option to fight all hero's, regardless of our current hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, perhaps some people could help rework it for fun/free if the code of the AI were to be released? I know I would at least take a look at it.
    Most changes aren't difficult to implement, adding restrictions to when to play a certain card and stuff.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is a funny topic.

but keep it down a little, we WANT the AI to be easy...you can just do 2 player for a 'challenge'.