Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Hyper-Tuned Boris HeadSmasher/Skullcrusher/Skullsmasher/BORIS SMAAAAASHH!

Ah, the good ol' days of 1.24. Of Zaladar, Elementalis, and best of all..... BORIS SKULLCRUSHER! THAT'S RIGHT! ME!!!! NOW THE FREAKING META IS ALL ABOUT THAT NOOBTUBE MAJIYA AND GODDAMN JERICHO! NOW EVERYONE WANTS WIMPY 40 CARD MINIMUMS BECAUSE IT'S MORE 'UNPREDICTABLE' AND 'MAKES THE GAME MORE FUN'. WELL STUFF YOU! I'M HERE TO WIN, NOT 'HAVE LOTS OF FUN'! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!

Anyway...

THIS IS MEH BORIS SMAAASH!!!! DECK. THAT'S RIGHT! GOOD OL' AGGRO, LIKE IN THE DAYS OF 1.24! NOT ALL THIS NOOBTUBE MAJIYA! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!!

*Boris spazzes out*

Anyway, this is Reshiram99 taking over, and this is my Boris deck. I'm going to go over some of the different variations of my deck, and explain the whole thing in detail. So, anyway, without further ado...

MY HYPER-TUNED BORIS HEADSMASHER/SKULLCRUSHER/SKULLSMASHER/BORIS SMAAAASHH!

Boris Skullcrusher

1 hero

4 Jasmine Rosecult
    2 Blake Windrunner
    2 Puwen Bloodhelm
    4 Aldon the Brave
    2 Aeon Stormcaller

14 allies

3 Valiant Defender
    3 Smashing Blow
    3 Crippling Blow
    4 Blood Frenzy

13 abilities

2 The King's Pride

2 weapons/armour

30 cards

That is my current deck list. Now, I will go over the main strategy of this deck:

Strategy:

The main strategy is to just rush your opponent with allies and completely overwhelm them. Especially if you go first, you have an incredible win rate. This deck wins very fast. It may not seem like it, but in reality, there are 2 strategies:

The first is the standard win condition, you went first and got board control very quickly. In this scenario, Blood Frenzy is not of as much use. Your abilities are usually sac fodder in this strategy. Try to get to 7 resources ASAP, as you can seal the game easily from there by playing King's Pride. Once you get Valiant Defender+Aeon out OR King's Pride out, it's gg.

The second is if you go second and your opponent has board control over you. Here, you'll want a Blood Frenzy out ASAP, to give you more options to deal with the opponent's stuff. Try to get to just hang on with allies and abilities until you can get an Aeon out and rebuild.

And that is the strategies part of this guide.

Next, I will discuss the card choices.

Card choices:

Jasmine Rosecult- Typical choice. Good stats and ability.
    Blake Windrunner- A powerful 2 drop if you can go first. Will explain later.
    Puwen Bloodhelm- The 2 drop of choice if you go second. Will also explain later.
    Aldon the Brave- This card needs no explaining. If you don't include Aldon in a human deck, you have a problem.
    Aeon Stormcaller- Can be used to seal the game or rebuild board control. Will also explain later.

Valiant Defender- A great card for regaining the board when you don't have an Aeon handy.
    Smashing Blow- Standard item removal.
    Crippling Blow- Another form of board control. Dominates Gravebone. Will explain later.
    Blood Frenzy- CARD ADVANTAGE. Needs no other explaining.

King's Pride- Powerful if you have allies in play. Can effectively end the game. Will explain later.

That's the card choices done.

Next, I will go over possible variations.

-3 Crippling Blow +3 Retreat
    Some prefer Retreat over Crippling Blow. It's all fine.

-2 King's Pride +1 Enrage +1 Aeon
    Some don't like King's Pride. This is a slightly more defensive variation.

-2 Blake +2 Puwen
    To adapt better when going second. Another defensive variation.

-2 Puwen +2 Blake
    Very aggressive variation which wins faster. However, can be difficult going second.

-2 Aeon +2 Raven
    Another aggressive variation. Raven has greater board presence but is less survivable. You also become completely reliant on Valiant Defender to swing the board.

-1 Smashing Blow +1 Aeon/Enrage/King's Pride/Crippling Blow/Valiant Defender
    Probably not recommended due to all the weapon users running around, but still usable.

-1 Smashing Blow -1 Aldon +2 Raven
    My original 1.24 build. Very playable, and just as good as the main deck list. However, I would recommend interchanging the Blakes for more Puwen because your chance of turn 3 Aldon is reduced.

-1 Smashing Blow -1 Aldon +2 Aeon
    A good variation if you want to play more control. The loss of a Smashing Blow hurts against weapon users though.

Raising the deck size:

You can raise the deck size easily with Boris, especially with 4 Blood Frenzy drawing cards like crazy. I would advise you to go up to 35 cards as a maximum though. Some cards you could include if you want to raise the deck size:

Raven/Aeon/Retreat/King's Pride/Jeweler's Dream/Blake/Puwen/Enrage/Valiant Defender/Crippling Blow/Smashing Blow/Special Delivery?

Everything else is unneccessary.

And that's my Boris deck! Leave feedback and suggestions. Have fun with it and it's variations. (lol, this has almost turned into a Boris Skullcrusher FAQ.)

Uh oh... Boris is waking back up...
    Last edited by Reshiram99; 07-03-2011 at 12:23 PM.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow this looks goood. My Amber WILL lose to Valiant Defenders :-( Damn i hate you

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ertai88 View Post
    Wow this looks goood. My Amber WILL lose to Valiant Defenders :-( Damn i hate you
    Lol. This is actually my old 1.24 build with slight changes, but none of the key cards have been nerfed, so I expect this will perform the same. Anyone want to help me play test it?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    Lol. This is actually my old 1.24 build with slight changes, but none of the key cards have been nerfed, so I expect this will perform the same. Anyone want to help me play test it?
    I would be happy to try it out for ya but the damn test server is DEAD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ertai88 View Post
    I would be happy to try it out for ya but the damn test server is DEAD
    Live server? It does have password games. I don't see the disadvantage. Besides, I'm playing on idevice so yeah...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    Live server? It does have password games. I don't see the disadvantage. Besides, I'm playing on idevice so yeah...
    Well yeah but i need the buy the cards, which i dont have them right now. Im a new player and all my gold coins went to building my Amber :-/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Oh. That's disappointing. Oh well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Edited my mistake.
    Last edited by kentuequi; 07-03-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To the OP : i like this deck, good explanation, all the variations are well designed. For my variation i would put +3 raven making this deck a 33 cards, with bloodfrenzy it's not a big deal. If you want to test it against my bloodynoobtube Majiya OMGWTFHBBQ!!!!!!!!! send me a PM.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentuequi View Post
    09:11 am :

09:33 am :

???
    I did not spend any real money. I just played AI and challenge to earn some gc, and level up to earn crystals. Its good enough to complete my deck bcuz i believe it does not cost as much as other decks