Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice Game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDTC View Post
    A few more questions:
    What is the use of the player levels?
    - Every level you get you earn 25 shadow crystals, that can be used to buy boosters, preformed decks and sometimes to pay a tourney entry fee. So only getting levels have a purpose, the level number have no one (maybe to tell how much you played the game).

How do the rating games work...do I get opponents with a similar rating or just anyone? It's just the "quick game" option rated, right?
    You go against the rating most similar to you that is currently also seeking for a game.
    See this:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-act-strangely

Are the allies and items in play limited to the ally/item field size?
    As far as I know there's no limit, the cards just squeeze on the available space if there are too many. If there's a limit it's probably a interface limit and the developers will probably fix it as soon as someone finds it out.
    Last edited by Giskard; 07-02-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, it probably would slow the game down. You are right.

I'll stick to around 8 resources, then, and see how it goes. Would it be a bad idea not to sacrifice anything at one turn, cause all cards are really needed for this opponent? It would slow me down, i guess, but still.

A few more questions:
    What is the use of the player levels?
    How do the rating games work...do I get opponents with a similar rating or just anyone? It's just the "quick game" option rated, right?
    Are the allies and items in play limited to the ally/item field size?
    The consistency of sacrificing and getting your resources up really depends on two things: your deck and your opponent. If you have a lot of high resource cards then it would be good to have the resources when you need them. Also if you want to rush the board with allies you can do that a lot better with more resources. If you have multiple copies of certain items you can also resource them freely if they're already in play.

Now if your opponent is a priest, I'd be very careful about not sacrificing in the early rounds. They have the ability of cutting your resources down by 3 so you have to make sure you're ready for that scenario. In general though, with other opponents, skipping a sacrifice early in the game is a calculated risk that really depends on what you have on hand. For me, if I have several high cost cards and nothing else, I will probably sac them rather than skipping the sac stage if I won't be able to use them in the next three turns anyway.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for all your answers and tipps, guys. Helps a lot.
    I will figure the sacrifice thing out with experience, I suppose. Just need to start to play some real players, the AI is just to weak at the moment.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Something strange happened in my last rating game. I (at least I thought so) played the game to the end and I got the 'Victory!' screen. In the game list I wasn't marked green, afterwards, so I watched the replay. All is ok, until some point were it shows some strange things, like me attacking the opponents hero with a Shriek of Vengence!??! Really I attacked him with something else, of course. Then, in his turn, I get a "sync error" message and a 'Draw' screen.
    But in the (for me) real match, like I said, I played to the end and beat his last 10 Points down with an attack, Fireball and Lightning.

Is this normal, that you only notice a sync error after the match over or is it some kind of bug?
    I just watched the replay again. The strange stuff started in a turn where I really attacked his hero with my Bella. But she didn't attack and it shows 0 damage to his hero. Afterwards I played some creatures through my portal to beat him down to 10. In the replay he has still 22 or so life!? So there is definatley a bug. My ingame name is DizzyDTC. It was my last match agains Kaos Dro. Maybe it's worth to be checked out?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Please read this post and report in the sync error report thread. I'll check out the game in a bit.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Done. Makes sense now. Thanks for the link.