Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice Game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs up Nice Game

Hi Everyone,

I just came across this game 2 days ago looking for a Magic app on the Android market. I have to say i'm quite impressed, so far.
    This is something I have wished for quite some time.

- Playable on my PC and mobile device
    - Very fair pricing compared to other TCG. It's great you can build a competitive deck for only a few dollars, right away. That's the reason why I haven't played Magic since they don't have the leagues anymore. Or any other TCG, since.
    - It's really fun and addictive, even though it is quite simple compared to Magic.

So...just wanted to let you know...good job!

Coming from Magic, the Gameplay and tactics are quite different. I have tried the WOW TCG only once, so I'm fairly new to this "play style". Took me a while to realize that damage stays on the allies.

The question I have...is there anything in the game that let's you do something during the opponents turn? Like instants in Magic?
    Is it correct that I can only have one copy of an item in play? So I can not play 2 Research e.g.? Or is it a bug? I could not find anything in the rules.

Dizzy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDTC View Post
    The question I have...is there anything in the game that let's you do something during the opponents turn? Like instants in Magic?
    No, there's nothing like that yet.
    Is it correct that I can only have one copy of an item in play? So I can not play 2 Research e.g.? Or is it a bug? I could not find anything in the rules.
    You're right. You can only have one copy of an item in play and you are unable to destroy it yourself. So once it's played it stays there until your opponent gets ride of it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by thendless View Post
    You're right. You can only have one copy of an item in play and you are unable to destroy it yourself. So once it's played it stays there until your opponent gets ride of it.
    Ah, ok thanks. Good to know I can't destroy them myself.

Is there some guideline on how many resources you need to build up? I guess it depends on your strategy and deck, but still. Sometimes I am not sure if i'm good with about 8 or if I should keep sacrificing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    As a general rule I stop around 8 or less. Unless I have a card that costs more than that, I'm usually pretty good by then. I mean. Why sac more useful allies and items?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can sacrifice weapons and armor by the way. For example, when you have a weapon with only 1 durability left, you can sack that weapon and play a new one. The old one will then go to the graveyard. So, with weapons and armor you can also have only 1 on the field but you can 'destroy' them yourself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by thendless View Post
    No, there's nothing like that yet.
    I don't think that will ever be implemented. With the game being played mostly on mobile device (and the goal being a fast-paced game), it'd be hard to implement something that will make it such that one can react to every move an opponent will make without prolonging a match (I'm not sure if I conveyed what I'm thinking correctly..). Anyway, the closest thing that "counterspells" SE will have are traps.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ter Adun can destroy his own items. I haven't played him in awhile but I think that should still be the case. Maybe this was intended and all of the cards with targeting wording inconsistencies just need to be updated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminee View Post
    I don't think that will ever be implemented. With the game being played mostly on mobile device (and the goal being a fast-paced game), it'd be hard to implement something that will make it such that one can react to every move an opponent will make without prolonging a match (I'm not sure if I conveyed what I'm thinking correctly..). Anyway, the closest thing that "counterspells" SE will have are traps.
    It'll be sort of possible by using traps, but those are activated automaticly. Still, it's some form of activity of your opponent during your turn.

I hope traps will be more common in all classes in the future.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree on traps. I'm waiting for that yugi-oh moment where I say "NOT SO FAST. I ACTIVATE MY TRAP CARD!"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, it probably would slow the game down. You are right.

I'll stick to around 8 resources, then, and see how it goes. Would it be a bad idea not to sacrifice anything at one turn, cause all cards are really needed for this opponent? It would slow me down, i guess, but still.

A few more questions:
    What is the use of the player levels?
    How do the rating games work...do I get opponents with a similar rating or just anyone? It's just the "quick game" option rated, right?
    Are the allies and items in play limited to the ally/item field size?