Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess I should have amended that to "in my experience".
    ~*Pain Is Only A Pulse, If You Just Stop Feeling It*~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen00b View Post
    Learn how Gwen plays and she isn't that hard to beat. Ally/bow control is all there is to it.
    Very generic statement - all depends on who you are. I'm getting better vs Gwen (as Majiya) but she's far from easy to beat. Unless I get my Snow Sapphires on the board, I have almost no chance of beating her. But disagree with the OP in that she's "way tooo powerful!!". She's just really really tough to beat unless you have the ability to heal (again, a very hero-dependent statement).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    actually i'm playing with Gwen but it seems people are now so keen on defeating the Huntress, i even change to Majiya and i beat my own Gwen...

it's easy just put gargoyle's and allies. don't hesitate summon allies who has large health like Medusa and Brutalis.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The only thing holding Gwen together is SS, for it's the ONLY way for her to heal. Otherwise she is tier 2 or even worse. She has NO dependent draw, unlike her warrior counterpart Amber, and she has NO item destruction, unlike 16 out of 20 heroes out there. She IS strong, not that I can attest with my losing steak, but in no way OP. Remove SS and she is trash (As this is the only card EVERYONE cries about when facing her, same with AoA and Elementals and SS and Mages).
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Worlds Runner Up
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wrong.
    The Hidden Dragon of A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    The only thing holding Gwen together is SS, for it's the ONLY way for her to heal. Otherwise she is tier 2 or even worse. She has NO dependent draw, unlike her warrior counterpart Amber, and she has NO item destruction, unlike 16 out of 20 heroes out there. She IS strong, not that I can attest with my losing steak, but in no way OP. Remove SS and she is trash (As this is the only card EVERYONE cries about when facing her, same with AoA and Elementals and SS and Mages).
    The thing with SS is that it has 2 attack giving Gwen a double attack for 8 damage plus healing. With 4 SS that is a lot of damage. Sure you could destroy them but the BDB is 3 damage per attack and becomes a big fat creature. I don't know if it would be so bad if SS was 1 attack instead of 2 or how bad that would negatively affect Gwen but that kind of damage can be hard to mitigate. Not everyone can use Snow Sapphire. Maybe make BDB 3cc and have the creature be a 2/3 or 2/4 instead of a 3/5.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dark Claw is a pain with Gwen LOL
    Nick: Vo Danh - zantetsuken
    Char: Nishaven-Jericho-Majiya-Gwen-Amber

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gwen need a nerf. You are saying the cards that we need to fight vs him, ridiculous. have i to build a counterdeck for him? Gwen not need to do a counterdeck, he don't need luck, only a bow

my idea, his hability must be like Serena. Only must affect to the hero. .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This talk abt Gwen being overpowered is ridiculous.

Hunters as a whole are underpowered. Any nerf to hunters card will make victor, baduruu and Banebow less viable.

Gwen depends so much on bows, that she is forced to be predictable. She minimally run 8 bows. That reduces the variety of card choice she has.

As N3rd4christ and others mentioned, a snow sapphire and Age of Armour stopped Gwen in her tracks. It takes away the key advantage of bows. Of course, Gwen players have to evolve and try to use other means of overcoming SS and AoA, by having more allies. But this is not a counter, cos unlike using shriek and smashing blow or destroy item, which can counter with just 1 card, Gwen has to spend 2 turns using allies to hit the Armour.

And blastegat, snow sapphire and age of Armour + item destroy cards are useful in all circumstances, not just against Gwen. They are useful cards. And for those who said that "oh, but I don't have the gold to buy those cards", then take note that for Gwen players, they have to buy all the bows. It doesn't come together with the starter pack, unlike shriek/smashing blow/ item destroy. So that arguement is flawed.

Yes, Gwen is strong, but they have many weakness (limited useful cards, such as net trap, forward planning) and lack of item destroy cards.'as long as Gwen do not have access to Armour destroy cards, then I will say that Gwen is NOT OP.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like to add that beside snow sapphire/ AoA, there are other cards that are 'soft counters'. Like some have suggested, gargoyles, erika and even nightshade. I even saw some using reinforced armour, though it's Use is more restricted.

For example, I had a match with a Serena. She put up 3 nightshade, and with an Aldon, she's doing 6 dmg and i have no way of killing them. With the cards I had, I have no chance against her.

And oh, the greatest weakness of hunters. no viable card draws. Gwen players typically run out of cards towards the 5 or 6 rounds, whereas priests, mage and warriors can keep drawing cards. Try playing a hunter and you will know how frustrating it is with so few cards on hand. So it forces the player to put bad Santa/ bazaar ( which help the opponent) or to be very careful in deck construction. Deck construction is even more Impt for Gwen bec she can't depend on card draw to get the cards that she want. Try playing without card draw, and you'll know how difficult it is.

EDITED : as someone pointed out, nightshade don't drain durability. My bad.
    Last edited by Atomzed; 07-04-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis