Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

IMO Gwenneth is way tooo powerful!!

I hate to cry and moan but come on! It seems like everyone who plays with her has a rating (if thats what you call it) higher than 190 more often 200+...its not because their actually good but it easy to win with her. I just started playing maybe a month ago so Im by no means an expert in this game, just something Ive noticed.
    This is what I noticed:

Make sure you get a "Rapid Fire"

4 Beetle demon Bow
    4 Guardian Oath
    4 Soul Seekers (hate the card) lol

You basically don't have to put ant allies down on the board.

And also a get a (Night Prowlers).....put a few cards in there to go to the grave yard and there almost impossible to beat. Now I
    have won a few games before but most of the time Im getting defeated easily. Just seems to me she has a way bigger advantage
    then the rest of the heros or maybe Im just a terrible player...lol....maybe its that

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxRONNIExx View Post
    I hate to cry and moan but come on! It seems like everyone who plays with her has a rating (if thats what you call it) higher than 190 more often 200+...its not because their actually good but it easy to win with her. I just started playing maybe a month ago so Im by no means an expert in this game, just something Ive noticed.
    This is what I noticed:

Make sure you get a "Rapid Fire"

4 Beetle demon Bow
    4 Guardian Oath
    4 Soul Seekers (hate the card) lol

You basically don't have to put ant allies down on the board.

And also a get a (Night Prowlers).....put a few cards in there to go to the grave yard and there almost impossible to beat. Now I
    have won a few games before but most of the time Im getting defeated easily. Just seems to me she has a way bigger advantage
    then the rest of the heros or maybe Im just a terrible player...lol....maybe its that
    Not true...try playing with your Gwen deck and see if you can reach beyond 230. It's not that easy beyond that. The better Gwen players out there has their own tuned deck to their style. Some like more allies, some like arrows (P or F) -

Playing Gwen well requires good planning on what to sac. Not that easy.

Plus, Gwen cannot deal with Snow Saph. or AoA. IMO, Gwen is pretty balanced. Plus there are heavy downsides to NP. Try putting 4 NP and you may never find a 'right' time to cast it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Raphael, being a Gwenneth player I can tell ya that she's not that easy to play. Snow saph is almost guaranteed loss and so is aoa. Took me weeks to tune my deck to my liking and still am not satisfied. I can tell ya Gwen takes a lot of practice to master if you don't believe me make one and you will see how badly you wil lose.

One of the dilemmas becomes wish I hadn't sacced that because of little to no draw that's available to us.

PS you dont wanna run 4 guardians oath or NP
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Not true...try playing with your Gwen deck and see if you can reach beyond 230. It's not that easy beyond that. The better Gwen players out there has their own tuned deck to their style. Some like more allies, some like arrows (P or F) -

Playing Gwen well requires good planning on what to sac. Not that easy.

Plus, Gwen cannot deal with Snow Saph. or AoA. IMO, Gwen is pretty balanced. Plus there are heavy downsides to NP. Try putting 4 NP and you may never find a 'right' time to cast it.
    Yes you make some very good points. AoA is the only card I use that gives my a chance to win. I dont use any heros that can use Snow Saph but yes I see how that card could be very useful. I'll just have to play with my deck some more to give me a fighting chance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    I agree with Raphael, being a Gwenneth player I can tell ya that she's not that easy to play. Snow saph is almost guaranteed loss and so is aoa. Took me weeks to tune my deck to my liking and still am not satisfied. I can tell ya Gwen takes a lot of practice to master if you don't believe me make one and you will see how badly you wil lose.

One of the dilemmas becomes wish I hadn't sacced that because of little to no draw that's available to us.

PS you dont wanna run 4 guardians oath or NP
    Thanks for the input. I think thats a great idea. I'll try to play with her and see how she works. Maybe that will give me a better idea on beating her
    as well. Oh yeah I'll add 2 NP not 4 haaa

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the input. I think thats a great idea. I'll try to play with her and see how she works. Maybe that will give me a better idea on beating her
    Apologies, maybe my post was confusing regarding NPs. My point is that NPs are very hard to use. My point is is that in order to test out how NPs work out in a real game, put 4 in a deck (in order to have a higher chance of drawing them and casting them on turn 5 or turn 6/7.)

You will find that NP is very hard to use effectively.

See my post regarding NP here, I listed the conditions for NP to be considered "effective": http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....6125#post66125

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gwen is easy to play, but play good need skill

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Recent post by HPAnigma his Rank 2 deck for your reference. A good deck in my opinion. Make sure you view his recommendations for the 1.26 environment!

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ighlight=rank2

Either way, I am convinced that his gameplay must be top-notched because there is nothing extremely special about the cards within his deck. The number of copies of certain cards (i.e. 6 bows vs 8 bows, No RF) however, is note-worthy.

It's magical - there are multiple ways to play Gwen. I have play-tested all characters and I found Gwen and Zaladar most intriguing for 1.26.

I have tried Weenie-heavy Gwen, Fatties-heavy Gwen, ally-less Gwen, Damage-orientated Gwen (focused on Erika), NP/RF Gwen.

I am now play testing another version of Gwen on another "play-test" account of mine. Some wins and some loses. Tweaking it. But no, I am not going to reveal the contents yet!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hate Night prowler with burning passion. Especialy with rabid fire - no way to stop cardloss, and the opponent gets them. I wish they were atleast discarded or something. You DON'T steal my burn cards and kill me with them next turn, DAMNIT"!#"!#¤"!215

drives me nuts.
    Last edited by Kingsider; 07-01-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gwen is not that easy to play tbh.

My Gwen deck (that took me to the mid 260's before I got bored with it) never puts down a NP on turn 5 except when I do not have a RF.
    And what sane Gwen player would put a GO in his deck? 8 bows is enough in a 30 card deck even to handle a SS