Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

BUG 1.263 - Captured Prey + Jasmine - Jasmine cannot use her ability [duplicate]

Game between me and Feyd yesterday (first of two games). I used Captured Prey on one of his Jasmines, and he discovered that while captured, she could not use her ability (even though the ability text would suggest that he should be able to still use it while captured).

It's possible that Captured Prey hinders any ally ability. Haven't run into other scenarios yet to verify whether this is the case or not.
    Purveyor of Probability - Team A1 - How the rating system works and why high ratings act strangely
    I now play only unrated matches in the Shadow Era 40 Card Ladder at shadowera dot gondorian dot com slash ladder40
    If my IRC nick says shannong|L40 that means I'm open for a Ladder40 challenge. I'll take all comers no matter where you are on the ladder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this is the case. But the passive abilities (aeon, aldon, ...) seem to work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm in the camp that says "if Captured Prey is meant to shut down active abilities (not a bug), then it should ALSO shut down passive abilities like Protector. Let an opponent retreat that Aeon back to their hand, or put out a new one, if they want to reestablish the protector state."

Either way, the descriptive text for Captured Prey should probably be changed to clarify what it is meant to do regarding active/passive abilities.
    Purveyor of Probability - Team A1 - How the rating system works and why high ratings act strangely
    I now play only unrated matches in the Shadow Era 40 Card Ladder at shadowera dot gondorian dot com slash ladder40
    If my IRC nick says shannong|L40 that means I'm open for a Ladder40 challenge. I'll take all comers no matter where you are on the ladder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle's response on the matter:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The "capture prey" is indeed intended to completely disable the target. In the next version we will probably have a disabled keyword that means you can't attack, defend, or use an ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the quick response, jiminee and Kyle!