Close

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    not sure if it'll change the meta from the constant barrage of noob-tubing majiya builds, or beat the swarm of gwen decks, but it does look interesting enough to try. i do agree that the lack of damage is troubling, but i see where the strategy is supposed to make up for it. i just think that it is a little bit away from being viable, seeing as there is only one weapon in it, and other than that the only way to steal cards it with the cloak. maybe when they release another weapon for the rogues, then maybe it'll dominate.
    Accolades:
    Former Member of The A1 Alliance "Evolution In Theory"
    Season 4 Hall of Fame Top Ranking - Ranked #14 soothslyr1
    Gondoriandotcom Flash Tournament - Winner (Over Portgaz D Ace) Team Juggernaut
    Bluejet24 Crown Tournament - Winner (Over Crispy1313)
    Hatts Pop up Tournament - Winner (Jjsia) A1 Member

Contributions To The Community:
    Priest Tactics Forum
    Ways To Play
    Advanced Strategies [Part: 1]
    Advanced Strategies [Parts: 2 & 3]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, it has had me holding my breath a time or two, but in the end the deck delivers with consistency - every single time. I don't really even fully understand yet how it wins so easily, and yet here I am, three days in, and still not one single loss.

However, in all fairness, I played against (I assumed an amateur - boy was I wrong) a Baduru deck last night that nearly took me off of my pedastool. Mirror matches against this archetype are tough enough against another good Serena player, but this was like a mirror match + he had bows. It was pretty tough, but in the end he couldn't handle me stealing two of his Net Traps and finally a Soul Seeker, and it was just enough to tip the board back in my favor.

Still, Baduru? I was so shocked. I'm so happy to see the meta slowly starting to make a shift away from the mindless Majiya and Gwen decks that the brain-dead masses feel so compelled to play constantly. Good thread guys, I'm glad to see some of you growing as more advanced players.

By the way, A1: I know that I already apologized in the guild's private forums, but I'd like to do so again, publicly. I was so excited that I'd cracked a whole new tech with a new hero that my ego got the better of me and I had to share it. I didn't realize that half of the guild was gonna end up playing it in the 40-card Ladder format. I'm sorry guys. We're still gonna own the ladder, just might be a tiny bit tougher with do many other Serena Superdraw decks being played now. However, as we discussed in the A1 forums, most of the players here haven't cracked the heart of the tech with this deck, and hence, don't really know how to beat down with it. Enjoy it, I suppose; it's only a short matter of time before everyone figures it out and then they'll have to nerf Serena :-/

Everyone else, thank you for the support and feedback. Glad to see some of you out there can still see outside the box.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 06-30-2011 at 01:01 PM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Out of control...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo tempted to say the one simple sentence that explains the primary strategy of the deck, because of the doubters on the thread who think we're taking the piss. You really have to think outside the box find it. It's like the USA adage: "if it was a snake, it'd have bit you". It's right there under your nose, but hard to see at first.

Must. Control. Urge. To. Spill. The. Beans.
    Purveyor of Probability - Team A1 - How the rating system works and why high ratings act strangely
    I now play only unrated matches in the Shadow Era 40 Card Ladder at shadowera dot gondorian dot com slash ladder40
    If my IRC nick says shannong|L40 that means I'm open for a Ladder40 challenge. I'll take all comers no matter where you are on the ladder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hahaha . . . don't spill it ! don't spill it ! let the naysayers fall ! har har har

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lolz - this deck is so good I gained 35 rating points in one day. And it was snowing and I had to walk uphill both ways to each match, barefoot.

Nice .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My goodness, the things which happen when we dance with narcotics.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Still laughing hard at all the sarcy comments. I know we said not to rub it in, but FFS people open your eyes. I'll admit I found it tough in the beginning, but with help I grasped the concept. Just owned (and I mean owned) a top Amber deck with my alt account, you-tube video to follow, I need to edit it a bit to remove some of the key plays. I don't want to appear hypocritical after the comments I made to Blanket on our forum, to then give it all away.

P.s. The public apology is appreciated. Not much point having a guild if you only go after the glory yourself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOG View Post
    Still laughing hard at all the sarcy comments. I know we said not to rub it in, but FFS people open your eyes. I'll admit I found it tough in the beginning, but with help I grasped the concept. Just owned (and I mean owned) a top Amber deck with my alt account, you-tube video to follow, I need to edit it a bit to remove some of the key plays. I don't want to appear hypocritical after the comments I made to Blanket on our forum, to then give it all away.

P.s. The public apology is appreciated. Not much point having a guild if you only go after the glory yourself.
    Matt, im with you on the Blanket apology side and like we discussed on the forum, all is forgiven, heck it would have come out sooner or later when the wins started stacking up and A1 being more visible.
    As for the video, dude, make sure you edit it right otherwise you give away those key plays and we're screwed. We've given the community the deck for free, at least let the smart ones suss out the plays on their own?
    I swear, i havent had this much fun playing a deck in quite some time, definetly makes a change to Majiya, Amber, Gravebone, bla bla mindless mass decks. People, when you realise how easy it is you will kick yourselves
    D ...always smiling...

Guild: Danny the A1 Dog : Proud member of the A1 alliance - so good that Kyle nerfed us
    Ingame Handle: DRod77
    Running Decks: Wulven (Darkclaw Danger Dog 1.26 40 Card) and Mage (GraveBella Beatdown 1.26 40 Card)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won