Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Card Ideas

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    A card that every turn or two gives you resources?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Until we see the base set and play a few games of shadow era I can honestly say we shouldnt really be shooting outlandish ideas and/or trying to slap together broken cards from other CCGs into this one, thats how a game goes stale...and fast. Also personality wise until we see what the base set has to offer with them...we really dont need to cram it full of demons and necros and other cliche` crud because it adds to the "dark and brooding" fad most people are hooked on early in life. The fact that right now we have a nice set of 200 cards means once decks start fleshing out and some archetypes fly around when people start getting used to the game, then the ideas need to start flying.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Or we can continue to make ideas for cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eney View Post
    Or we can continue to make ideas for cards
    I prefer this idea

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkipz223 View Post
    I prefer this idea
    Win me for.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Oriou - Mate this isn't a thread to say what definitely should or should not be in the game, we'll leave that up to Kyle and crew. It's just somewhere to voice things you'd maybe like to see or think could be cool. Granted a lot of the ideas are quite possibly going to be a bit pants or broken but there may be some gems in there, and the fact that we know the developer of the game regularly goes through the posts means that if a genuinely good one does appear it may even get included (or be refined but act as a base idea) in future releases.

Chances are this thread will change a lot as the game develops and we do know more about the mechanics etc, but at the moment it is at least somewhere we can shoot some ideas and if nothing else share our enthusiasm for the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Exactly. Trust Kyle and the developers to filter these ideas into what best suits the game. In the meantime don't worry about how other people pass their time waiting for the Beta to actually begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinner
    I'm to understand we have a child using their imagination, and I'm here to put a stop to it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Exactly. Trust Kyle and the developers to filter these ideas into what best suits the game. In the meantime don't worry about how other people pass their time waiting for the Beta to actually begin.
    Yes as we are are all very excited for it to begin, some people like to vent their anxiety through their creativity, thus making ideas for new cards!

In an unrelated note, there really should be some sort of separator between the post and the poster's signature. I spent a minute or two trying to figure out why you quoted a Simpsons character before I realized it was just your signature.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Now, seeing as there is hardly any activity related to the topic on this page , I think a card that can mimic another card would be cool to see. It could copy an opponent ally's attack, health, ability, or even all three, and then use it against them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkipz223 View Post
    Now, seeing as there is hardly any activity related to the topic on this page , I think a card that can mimic another card would be cool to see. It could copy an opponent ally's attack, health, ability, or even all three, and then use it against them.
    Kyle said that when a card attacks, it does it's damage first and if the opponent is still alive it attacks back. I wonder if in the case where they are equal if it will simply kill the opponent or if they kill each other.