2x Aeon

3x Assassination
    4x Reconnaissance
    4x Mugged!
    2x Retreat

32 Cards Total
    19 Allies

Rationale and Strategy

The reason that this deck is called "Can't Touch This" is because the main strategy is to keep my allies alive as long as possible using ambush and stealth. Once I gain board control, I use other cards to supplement my allies and help maintain board control as well as hack away slowly at the enemy hero.

Jasmine: Low cost, cool ability.

Blake: I like Blake as a 2cc ally because he can do some heavy damage early in the game. Normally, it's suicidal to play Blake if your enemy has an ally on board already, but with Lance's ability, Blake can be protected until board control is gained.

Aldon: Crucial for this deck, because he turns Nightshade, a decent card, into a great card. A 2cc card with 2 attack paired with stealth and ambush is amazing.

Nightshade: One of my favorite cards in this deck. Once I play it, it seems to stick around most of the game because it isn't seen as a threat. Aldon and Erika and Blake ALWAYS get targeted first. Big mistake. For example, if I have 4 Nightshades on the board, I can only do 4 damage. But if I play an Aldon and a Recon, suddenly that 4 damage turns to 12 damage.

Aeon: Protects Blake and Nightshade. Costy, but effective.

Assassination: Love this card for board control. Nothing feels better than being able to exhaust a Nightshade and kill an Aeon or Plasma.

Reconnaissance: Need 4 of these. Draws a card, lets you see your opponents hand, AND gives your allies +1 attack. So many situations that this card is crucial in.

Mugged!: Heals and does damage. Enough said.

Overall: It's not a perfect deck, but it's worked pretty well for me so far. Typically, my games all start the same way:

1st Turn: Sac
    2nd Turn: Sac, Blake, Lance's Ability (If opponent already played an ally)
    3rd Turn: Aldon, or if no Aldon has showed up yet, Jasmine.
    4th Turn: Depends on the situation. If there's a high health enemy ally, then I play an Assassination. If there's no immediate threat, I'll play 2 more 2cc allies.

After that, I try to get as many allies on the board as I can and supplement them with Recons, and Aldons to do as much damage as possible. I use Assassination to keep board control and take out tanks, and use Lance's ability to keep my allies safe.

Anyway, I don't pretend that this is a perfect deck, so I'm open to suggestions.
    Last edited by LordKronos; 07-10-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    problem:
    card draw
    tidal wave
    nova

good deck but i think that it is not very performant in this meta

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mage and Priests are huge right now. I just don't see this surpassing all the Fireballs, Lightning Strikes, Arcanes, Super Nova, Tidal Wave, and all that other Priest shit. But I feel you man. I'm like you. I like weird shit like this. I want like rogues, Wulvens, and the shadow hunters. Everyone seems to be playing Amber, Gwen, Jericho, and Majiya with the occasional Gravebella. This is what always happens with TCGs. Someone finds something that works and everyone makes a cookie cutter copy of it. I'm glad to see some originality. NOW WHARS THOSE WULVS?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlessHeathen View Post
    Mage and Priests are huge right now. I just don't see this surpassing all the Fireballs, Lightning Strikes, Arcanes, Super Nova, Tidal Wave, and all that other Priest shit. But I feel you man. I'm like you. I like weird shit like this. I want like rogues, Wulvens, and the shadow hunters. Everyone seems to be playing Amber, Gwen, Jericho, and Majiya with the occasional Gravebella. This is what always happens with TCGs. Someone finds something that works and everyone makes a cookie cutter copy of it. I'm glad to see some originality. NOW WHARS THOSE WULVS?
    Ouch. I've played zhanna and jericho exclusively since 1.24. So I better not be "everyone"

Deck seems okay, but as stated Tidal wave and nova will beat the crud out of you. I'm surprised rogue doesn't have resource denial cards. You'd think they would totally have something like that!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Monsters look good, too many random support cards.
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    tidals and novas are no problem cause they cost too much and u get to start once again first.problem is your allies HP which is loooow and they all get sacked at pairs by a lightning blast...u totally need aeon to hide them from simple burning
    ps:
    1)u NEED ill gotten gains as a draw machine or in late game u get wipped out...u DONT need stop thief cause it is tooo expensive to just destroy a weapon already used and cause u really dont benefit from the +1 resource since u have a draw card problem!!
    2)u DONT need the throwing knives and the poison.u fill 4 deck slots for just a 1 attack?????and 6cc at total to get a weak weapon to get poison.no no,fill these slots with aeons and campfire for aeon rechargement against majiya burns and for that +1 card!!
    3)for god sake u have lance ability,reconnaisance,and assasination.remove the extra sharps!!!your hero gets board control as a piec of cake,no need of 2cc just for an 1turn +2 attack!!!
    4)add 2-3 mugged.u will find them very usefull at majiya battles when majiya thinks she can finish u with 2 novas and instead u get only -4 health and she gets -14HP!!!
    5)u got a board control hero.so fill your deck with board conquerring allies !!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
    Anyway, I don't pretend that this is a perfect deck, so I'm open to suggestions.
    I'll point out two things. First, the Throwing Knife and Sorcerous Poison combo works better on the female Rogue hero, Serena, but if you're going that route you should increase the number of Throwing Knifes to four, otherwise you'll probably be in situations in which you draw Sorcerous Poison but you have no weapon to equip it on.

Second, once you have your strategy going on your opponent will likely focus on your hero, so you should have something that allows you to regain health or at least diminish the damage taken. Personally I think Crimson Vest fits that role perfectly, but Mugged will also be very helpful; against Majiya you should consider running both.

Still, it's a nice deck overall. Let us know how it's working out for you.
    Last edited by thendless; 06-28-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I made some changes. Still at a huge disadvantage against Gwen and Maj though...
    Last edited by LordKronos; 06-28-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Like this deck. I can recommend adding a Gravedigger's cloak to it, some smart-asses (esp. mages) just let you sit on your se points after an initial struggle for board control and that's where it comes handy. Rarely matters *when* it shows up, so 1 copy is enough.

Also, Stop, Thief! is awesome, gets you to 6 resources in no time so you can play either 2 of the many great 3 costs cards or 1 Aeon. Without it and without extra card draw getting to 6 resources often involves inconvenient sacs or waiting a few turns for less important cards to sac.

Ill-gotten Gains is so-so. Try it out for a while and see if you like it, but i found with recons in a tight 30 card deck it's more of a luxury.

Against Gwen i don't know how you are playing it, but i'm having little trouble against her due to Stop, Thief! and also because Lance when played precautionary is great at keeping your allies in play. Always assume that she's gonna play BDB by turn 4 and SS by turn 5 and you'll be fine. After that, Aeon in front of your little guys and it's gg if she doesn't retreat him. The same strategy can work against Amber btw, but is much less reliable if she outdraws you with Blood Frenzy and cripples your hard hitters.

If you are having trouble with Tidal Waves your best bet is hands down Jasmine. Put her into play after a wave and with assassination to back her up she'll control the board on her own. But again, without Stop, Thief! you're still screwed here because of all the strong items priests have access to, esp. Wizent's.

Cards to leave out are imo Extra Sharps, Erikas (I know they fit the deck's theme but with all the burn out there she's just too vulnerable.) and possibly 1 copy of Mugged! and Aldon, too.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    totally like the mugged,gotten gains add!still all your allies are so vulnerable to burn and gwen/amber.get yourself 3 aeons to fit your combos.erica just needs her stealth due to her low helth.clearly so much less important than raven.raven is an auto win against Boris or gravebone!!still dont get a clue about the extra sharps, 1ally 1turn +2atk 2cc and a slot wasted in the deck!!u think it is worthy??taking the extra sharps out and adding assasins train will give ambush to your players FOREVER.then erica will trully be important against gwen!!!inforn us about it's winstrike!