Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nishaven ally/burn deck (atomics II)

I think it has been some two months after I started playing SE with Nishaven, and thought I would share my deck with ppl.

In the right corner, weighing 40 cards is...

1 Nishaven

4x Blake
    4x Puwen
    4x Aldon

4x Fireball
    4x Lightning strike
    3x Supernova

4x retreat
    4x Reassearch
    4x portal

1x rain delay
    3x bad santa

The idea is to play for early advantage and field control, then finish the opponent off with burn. Emphasis is on fast play. Note that the deck is quite cheap resource-wise (only one card type with cost 5, and only 2 types with cost 4), so I will be doing a lot of double-triple and quad- "casting".

Ideas? Opinions? Suggestions?
    Last edited by Kingsider; 06-27-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: strange terms changed for clear ones

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll try the deck and let you know, btw what's your rating like now playing with this deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    currently I stand rated little over 200 with this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some people might question bad santa cards in there, and for a reason too. Most of the time they get resourced, but they have a few merits. Namely, If I go first, and get no ressearch in for some time, they help me to get something to play. In that situation The opponent has more cards than I anyway. If the opponent has gained card advantage, and is near max hand, bad santa can be played with advantage. It also helps to dig up those all-important burn cards in the final stages of the game - with only 2 res I get 3 more cards, one of which might be that much needed burn - or ally to push trough the portal. The key is to know when playing it is constructive, and when it is better to simply resource it. Same as bazar, If played which ever way, you might contribute to your opponent's game more than build your own. With this deck I smile happily when opponent plays bazar, knowing it boosts my game immensly.
    Last edited by Kingsider; 06-28-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    so this deck is an auto loss just by 4 gargoyles playing first!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    not sure I understand your comment...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no biggies at nishaven deck is an auto loss by survivers like the cheap and decent gargoyle.imagine a gargoyle comming rightb after u played your blake.by the time u get your ability to get rid of em they just cast another and it is ally end.only 12 allies in a 41 card ally-destroying deck is very little.1 every 4 cards is an ally.u got the idea right but u need some tuning there!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Supernova = no more gargoyles?

Majiya runs a tight ally-lite deck. I'm guessing Nishaven may well run the same. In fact, his ability would promote ally-lite because if you have too many allies, you can't use his ability without destroying your own game.

That said, I think I realise what Otto is getting at, bigger allies are better with Nishaven.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have to disagree with that, I feel that an ally-lite Nishaven deck is indeed very playable. Making full use of draw engines,burn and portal with cheap allies I often find myself controlling the match long enough to achieve a winning assault with burn. With increase in my playing skill, I honestly don't consider gargoyles to be a problem - in practise they are not a problem. k, fine, hypotethicaly opponent getting three or four of em in a row might be a huge problem, but then again I have seen games where no reassearch pops up until my deck is half spent. Insane luck and other strange phenomena are not design issues. Please remember that this deck build is a different kind of approach than people are perhaps used to. Big enemy allies are no problem when combining Nishavens ability with smart ally and burn card play. I would not have rating 210 with this deck if it flat out sucked. It does have it's own issues though.

You have not played Blake until you push two trough a portal in a single turn xDD or Blake together with Aldon.
    Last edited by Kingsider; 06-29-2011 at 07:41 PM.