Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Apple/Tapjoy Ban

Hi,

My name is Krithi and I work for Tapjoy. We're trying to get our users more involved. I was hoping to get users opinion regarding the Apple's ban of Tapjoy. If you could tell us how it has affected your game play. Any opinions would be great.Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
    Krithi
    Tapjoy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I don't play on a dinky, stupid iphone for the reason you stated. But I do feel bad as now players looking for extra crystals HAVE to pay to get more cards. Was the reason due to people downloading then uninstalling apps? Many do that on droid, mostly because not many apps are nice-looking, and some ask for dubious permissions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I've actually found a few decent games via tapjoy on Android. I think the more options available to users the better. Not sure why you would need to ask how it's affected people, it's never going to be good when something is removed. Those that don't use it, don't care either way, those that do, will care. Simples.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOG View Post
    I've actually found a few decent games via tapjoy on Android. I think the more options available to users the better. Not sure why you would need to ask how it's affected people, it's never going to be good when something is removed. Those that don't use it, don't care either way, those that do, will care. Simples.

+1, Almost seems like a "Can I hear you cry about the shit I removed?" "Hey remember when you had this, then I took it from you?"

Anyway, Matt summed it up.
    InGame Names: Microwilly/Benumb

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If they want to ask players for comments, they can do that. Forums are a place for discussion. As for the politics of it, well, I don't really care too much at this point but if they're just asking players to provide comments on the ban by Apple, what's so wrong about that?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nothing.. I was just in one of those moods today
    InGame Names: Microwilly/Benumb

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nothing wrong, I was just questioning the usefulness of it, starting a mass debate if you will. If he knows how many people used it, he'll know how many will care, fella show us your stats. Not my fault I'm a cunning linguist.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They were just asking for comments. I'm not so sure that it will turn into a mass debate.

I don't know the point of soliciting comments and I'm sure you can't say you definitively do either so if they want to inquire user feedback, they can do that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    They were just asking for comments. I'm not so sure that it will turn into a mass debate.

I don't know the point of soliciting comments and I'm sure you can't say you definitively do either so if they want to inquire user feedback, they can do that.
    Ok, ok, well my comment is I play on Android, but if they removed the ability to get free crystals, I'd be unhappy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I get to play *this* game because of tapjoy. Was playing Gun Bros and tapjoy get me to see this game.

Although i have to say, just a very small portion of games in tapjoy are good.

So far this (shadow era if you're not paying attention ) is the only good game so far and i've downloaded an awful lot already.

Oh by the way, i play the android version, so not really that affected with the apple ban.
    Last edited by tonio.d.monio; 06-29-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: added my phone o/s