Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Let's stop nerf and do some constructive work on underpowered heroes and cards!

I played SE since 1.23 and I really love this game. I want to put some of my suggestions on balancing, especially regarding recent update. Hope it may help developer team.

I play several heroes, including Jerico, Majiya, Gwen, Amber and Elementails. Though a lot of complains about overpowering, I think they are all just T1. None of them is superior than others. If you think Majiya is OP, I can tell you how Jerico can beat her. If you think Gwen is OP, I can tell you how Majiya can beat Gwen. I don't think any of those heroes is OP enough that deserves a huge nerf. The only exception might be Eladwen in 1.23. If you think a hero is OP and impossible to play against, please try to play that hero. You will learn that it's not.

However, I do think some heroes or cards are surprisingly underpowered, such as Logan or Wulven. We should make those cards as competitive as T1 decks, not nerfing good decks.

I will discuss in detail about what is underpowered.

-Warrior-
    Logan: Reduce its cost to 3 or even 2. Using its ability usually means being counter-attacked by the ally. Developer already makes the change, but reverted. I don't know why.

Ter: Probably reduce the cost to 3. Unlike allies, destroying items are only useful in more limited scenarios.

Card Rampage: Maybe reduce the cost to 3 to encourage the use of this card.

-Mage-

Eladwen: It was OP, but now it's slightly underpowered. My suggestion is to allow this ability to target hero.

Poison Gas/ Flaming touch: Slightly underpowered. It should last more than 5 turns to be more cost effective than fireballs, and they are duplicate. Reduce to cost 3 for one card, and change another one to new effect.

-Hunters-
    Victor: The skill needs to be redesigned. Defensive damage is not important, Gwen is just better than him in all cases. Maybe: +1 when attack, and also increase bow's ammo by 2? I am not sure.

Baduruu: Impossible to build a deck based on his ability. No idea about how to change.

Banebow: The skill is decent, but has no synergy with hunter's card. Maybe changing some cards will help.

Card Poison/Flaming Arrow: It's pointless to have two duplicate cards. Change one of them to something else.

Card Careful Planning: 1 resource + 1 card exchange for viewing the top card is not good. Please add a card draw.

Card Tracking: 3 resource is too much. As least add a card draw.

Card Net Trap: Compare it to "Now you are mine" or "Crippling strike", this card is just a joke. Maybe reduce cost to 1, or add a card draw.

-Priest-

It's a very well designed class right now.

-Elemental-
    I know a lot people hate elementals, because of mind control. In 1.25, I think MC is an OP card, but elemental is not an OP class, because a lot of cards in elemental are actually underpowered and elemental players have a limited card pool. I appreciate the effort of Calmdown to balance elemental in 1.25, but it goes into wrong direction. In the change between 1.24-1.25, it nerfs other cards but give MC additional buff with haste (at least for elementail). I like the change of MC made in 1.26, and it's a balanced card now, but elemental class is currently underpowered.

Card Energy Discharge: I don't know why it gets nerf in 1.25. Even the original version is slightly worse than Tidal Wave. Usually elemental players use this card, when they DON'T have the board control, it implies that they often have no allies in the board when this is casted. In most cases, they are paying 5 HP for the same effect of Tidal Wave. Now, it costs ridiculously 5 HP + at least 6 resource + 2 card. Please revert this card to its original version at least.

Conversion: This is one of most underpowered cards, and it is never changed. It costs at least 3 resource + 2 card for just 3-5 HP. I think even changing cost to 1 cannot help. My suggestion is to change it to kill both a friendly ally and a enemy ally (maybe with cost limit) and gain some HP, and maybe rise the cost to 3. With changed MC, elemental needs additional ally control card.

Transference: The original version is balanced, though a lot people don't like their own cards being drawn away. Now it's 3 resource for almost nothing (maybe faster deck burn? too minor). Please add a card draw, like draw a card from your enemy's deck and a card from your own deck.

Feedback: This card has its use, but is slightly underpowered because elemental don't have card drawing engine. Maybe reduce the cost to 2.

-Wulven-

Wulven's cards are decent. The problem is the synergy of the ability of heroes. I like the change of moonstalker, but why it is reverted?

-Human cards-
    Dirk: Change its health from 2 to 4. The ally attack/HP ratio in SE is so high that Ambush is usually not important.

Sandra: Make < to <=, so that it may have some use when you go second.

Cover of night: Reduce the cost to 3.

-Shadow cards-
    Shadowspawn: Reduce the cost to 3.

HBM: Same as Sandra, make < to <=.

-Armor-
    Nova Infusion: Redesign this card. It is almost useless now.

Violet Thunderstorm: It is not bad, but Snow Sapphire is always better. Need to redesign this card.

-Weapon-
    Guardian's Oath: Maybe reduce this cost to 4.

I didn't play rogue yet, so I will not give comment on their cards. Hope my comment helps.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 for nearly all suggestions!
    majiya is slightly OP.
    BACK (well, i try )
    Overlord of Darkness

A1:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Padawan-Pete

Marksmen:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....nters-Marksmen

Ingame-Names: CHILLABREAKA = test account and CHLBRK = rating account

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very good constructive criticism.

I guess I won't get to eat anyone's tears in this thread.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    and tell me how to beat majiya consistently (with jericho) (and without making my deck weak against others. lol. ive beat a few and i got beaten sometimes.
    BACK (well, i try )
    Overlord of Darkness

A1:

Marksmen:

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 and +2 on elementals CUZ U STRESSED CREATORS LIKE ******** AND THEY DESTROYED A LOT OF DECKS ONLY TO STOP MAKING U STOP SPAMMING GIVE US BACK AT LEAST THE ORIGINAL ENERGY DISCARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CHLBRK View Post
    and tell me how to beat majiya consistently (with jericho) (and without making my deck weak against others. lol. ive beat a few and i got beaten sometimes.
    Wait. Wouldn't that just mean that Jericho was OPed? :-D

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I didn't say that Jerico is the best, and there is no way to improve your chance against one hero without sacrificing any chance against others. What you can do is tune the deck based on the environment.

For Jerico vs. Majiya, here is tips:
    1. Put 4*Wizent stuff in your deck, and never sac it. You cannot limit her card draw, but protect your card draw. Always keep in mind that she can shriek your stuff.
    2. Put resource control card in your deck, 3 * Plague or even Cobraskin. It helps you to control the resource level of the game, so that Majiya cannot throw 3 fireball in same turn. Also tune your allies around low resource game, use more puwen jasmine aldon than aeon and raven. I know the deck in this style may slightly weaker when against warriors, but it really helps to battle Majiya. Trust me, when you have plague in your hand, it is very dangerous for them to run a no-ally burn deck.
    3. Don't use item destroy on research. You cannot make majiya starving on cards. However, beware about ice stuff and armor. You may want to use a item destroy to get rid of it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is impossible for one hero to consistently beat another hero, but you can always tune your deck against popular heroes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by longfan View Post
    I didn't say that Jerico is the best, and there is no way to improve your chance against one hero without sacrificing any chance against others. What you can do is tune the deck based on the environment.

For Jerico vs. Majiya, here is tips:
    1. Put 4*Wizent stuff in your deck, and never sac it. You cannot limit her card draw, but protect your card draw. Always keep in mind that she can shriek your stuff.
    2. Put resource control card in your deck, 3 * Plague or even Cobraskin. It helps you to control the resource level of the game, so that Majiya cannot throw 3 fireball in same turn. Also tune your allies around low resource game, use more puwen jasmine aldon than aeon and raven. I know the deck in this style may slightly weaker when against warriors, but it really helps to battle Majiya. Trust me, when you have plague in your hand, it is very dangerous for them to run a no-ally burn deck.
    3. Don't use item destroy on research. You cannot make majiya starving on cards. However, beware about ice stuff and armor. You may want to use a item destroy to get rid of it.
    Plague = Completely changing my deck. I have a plague deck but dont use it because i like my deck better .
    I agree with the other points.
    I'm thinking of adding some Holy Shield, to give me 2/3 extra turns to kill her.
    I already tried 2/3 healing touch and it helped SOMETIMES, but i think it was more luck then card itself which helped me.
    BACK (well, i try )
    Overlord of Darkness

A1:

Marksmen:

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In case of no-ally burn Majiya:

Jerico is immune to poison and flaming, so that burn cards that majiya can use to against you are usually just Fireball, Lightning strike and Supernova. Healing touch definitely can help because it will make Majiya run out of burning cards, but I am not sure how much Healing can do when battling other heroes.