Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You were perfectly right about Elementalis. It just lacks the punch Zaladar has. I switched back to Zaladar, and my deck is almost identical to yours.
    I although run 2 conversion, it really helps against mages. Or actually against anything else. Love to see a warrior putting a crippling blow on an infused gargoyle, and you just use it for +9 health, hahaa....
    I didn't include renewal, because this deck shouldn't be a mill deck, and it only makes sense in those deck.
    I run chimeras, behemots, gargoyles and bad wolves. I'm not sure about this tho, I might switch to brutalis, im just worried, that I'll miss round 2 bazaar if I use brutalis..
    I hate Gwen!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally, I'd swap out the Bad Wolves for Keldor to take out 4hp allies or make your opp think twice about playing them.
    Last edited by Rizla79; 07-16-2011 at 08:59 PM.
    (420) Target ally is stoned and cannot be productive today.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't like Keldor, because if I want to use it's ability, I have to use 2resource, that could be used on an other ally. Haven't tried in this deck tho, I might give it a go.
    I hate Gwen!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here is my deck:
    1 Zaladar

4 Gargoyle
    4 Plasma behemoth
    4 Chimera
    4 Bad wolf

3 energy discharge
    2 conversion
    1 soul reaper
    4 mind control
    4 life infusion
    3 shriek
    4 bazaar
    3 armor of ages
    I hate Gwen!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Soni84 View Post
    You were perfectly right about Elementalis. It just lacks the punch Zaladar has. I switched back to Zaladar, and my deck is almost identical to yours.
    I'm glad my experience has helped you!

I although run 2 conversion, it really helps against mages. Or actually against anything else. Love to see a warrior putting a crippling blow on an infused gargoyle, and you just use it for +9 health, hahaa....
    I keep trying to like conversion, but it just won't let me. Sacrificing three cards to gain a health boost just doesn't appeal to me when I can remove cards that have already been used and get a bigger boost. To each their own!

I didn't include renewal, because this deck shouldn't be a mill deck, and it only makes sense in those deck.
    Actually, this is a control/mill hybrid; Mill damage is a completely viable win condition. In fact that's how I got into the top 10 on the GDC L4dder! (Sorry Fly, please forgive me!)

I run chimeras, behemots, gargoyles and bad wolves. I'm not sure about this tho, I might switch to brutalis, im just worried, that I'll miss round 2 bazaar if I use brutalis..
    Chimeras are utterly useless. A simple Shield Bash, Gargoyle, Arcane Burst, etc. and their a 2 attack creature that needed 4 resources. Brutalis doesn't have to be a T2 play. He's a rock solid infusion tank later in the game, so use him then! This deck is designed for the long haul, don't be afraid to save brutalis and a garogyle for a turn 6 sucker punch! (Note: t5 is either behemoth or MC)

Quote Originally Posted by Rizla79 View Post
    Personally, I'd swap out the Bad Wolves for Keldor to take out 4hp allies or make your opp think twice about playing them.
    I already dropped the Bad Wolves. Medusil is finding a much better fit for the deck!

I don't like Keldor, because if I want to use it's ability, I have to use 2resource, that could be used on an other ally. Haven't tried in this deck tho, I might give it a go.
    You nailed it.
    Keldor is great in the right deck, but for my tastes? Way too much resource hogging!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    I'm glad my experience has helped you!

I keep trying to like conversion, but it just won't let me. Sacrificing three cards to gain a health boost just doesn't appeal to me when I can remove cards that have already been used and get a bigger boost. To each their own!

Actually, this is a control/mill hybrid; Mill damage is a completely viable win condition. In fact that's how I got into the top 10 on the GDC L4dder! (Sorry Fly, please forgive me!)

Chimeras are utterly useless. A simple Shield Bash, Gargoyle, Arcane Burst, etc. and their a 2 attack creature that needed 4 resources. Brutalis doesn't have to be a T2 play. He's a rock solid infusion tank later in the game, so use him then! This deck is designed for the long haul, don't be afraid to save brutalis and a garogyle for a turn 6 sucker punch! (Note: t5 is either behemoth or MC)

I already dropped the Bad Wolves. Medusil is finding a much better fit for the deck!

You nailed it.
    Keldor is great in the right deck, but for my tastes? Way too much resource hogging!
    Try not to look at conversion as a waste of 3 cards. I used it many times on either a disabled infused ally or on any other ally, that wasn't needed anymore. Since you have brutalis in your deck it could be a great addition when you don't need that 1atk anymore.

Chimera useless? What about an infused chimera?
    I hate Gwen!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Try not to look at conversion as a waste of 3 cards. I used it many times on either a disabled infused ally or on any other ally, that wasn't needed anymore. Since you have brutalis in your deck it could be a great addition when you don't need that 1atk anymore.
    Situationally yes, conversion can be better. But on the broader spectrum, after several games, soul reaper just ended up more beneficial in my book. To each their own; if you're haveing luck with conversion then by all means! We're both running a heal card, and that's what matters.

Chimera useless? What about an infused chimera?
    Slighly less useless.
    Chimera reminds me of this girl I once dated. She was super hot, probably an 8 or a 9, but she was just bland. Not stupid, not annoying, she just had no opinion. I did EVERYTHING to try and like that girl. Movies, bike rides, brought her into my social circle, everything. In the end I broke things off with her and dated someone who I could actually enjoy my time with.
    Play with chimera for awhile; all you'll end up with is a crappy story and deck space for Medusil.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, if you like it, it's up to you! I include both reaper and conversion tho.
    What would you change in my deck?
    I hate Gwen!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Firstly I would choose either conversion or soul reaper; I loathe and despise one-ofs. Invest your new card in bazaar (your only current 2 drop, and it need to be a turn 2 drop).

I would also kill the chimera off. You then have a choice of either +4 brutalis or +4 medusil. Your call!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah man, I really have problems with card draw. Even with 4 bazaars in the deck, if I don't get it in the first 4-5 round, I'm doomed.
    I changed it to 3 bazaar - 3 bad santa, and now I get it, only I don't get other cards I want. I was so much missing a conversion against Majiya just in just now, or something that heals me up. Crap :S
    I hate Gwen!