Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question about captured prey and other general questions

First of all I noticed that captured prey seems to disable activated abilities I don't no if is meant to or not if it is changing the text to indicate such may be a good idea.
    Now for the random other questions.
    Are all things in the item bar thing on the battle field items in that they can be destroyed with cards like stop thief or ter adun. I'm asking because some are listed clearly as items while others seem like affects. I know that weapons and armor count and that rain delay is also an item (somehow) but I have not tested everything like upside down traps?
    Will there be ways (are there cards planned) to counter direct damage at least for a little?
    Are there plans to make neutral cards for getting rid of attachments. I know priests would still be best at it but it seems odd that only one class can do so at all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Apparently the plan seems to be updating Capture Prey's description to reflect its removal of ability usage as well.

Yes, any cards that go into the Item slot can be destroyed by item destruction effects. Including face-down traps.

As for the last two questions, perhaps the Design Team comment further.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hmm.. but, passive abilities are not beeing disabled for 'Captured Pray'... when i play it on a 'Aeon', he is supposed to doesnt protect his allies anymore, (how a prey that was captured can protect anyone? lol) ... so, is it a bug, isnt it?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Apparently the plan seems to be updating Capture Prey's description to reflect its removal of ability usage as well.
    As in active abilities only; not passive ones. Cards like Freeze and Clinging Webs, along with Captured Prey, will use a "disable" keyword which would prevent attacking, defending, and ability usage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the answers. As far as "(how a prey that was captured can protect anyone? lol)" better question is how such a prey can assassinate someone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah logically out doesn't make sense, but that's the way it is, can't apply too much logic to a game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you want, you can pull apart the seams of the names of Magic cards as well. Like Matt said, it's a game; so it can't perfectly mirror reality. A long, long time ago, when dragons roamed the seven kingdoms, I posted a thread about renaming Captured Prey actually. Nowadays though, I think, meh, who cares.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    If you want, you can pull apart the seams of the names of Magic cards as well. Like Matt said, it's a game; so it can't perfectly mirror reality. A long, long time ago, when dragons roamed the seven kingdoms, I posted a thread about renaming Captured Prey actually. Nowadays though, I think, meh, who cares.
    The reason I did not mention it in the original post is really because I couldn't care less if it makes sense as long as it is balanced and is clear that certain things still work. Just once it was pointed out that protector still working was odd I decided to mention the thing about assassinate.
    (which if possible (with out really bad or clunky wording) and if it becomes really important should perhaps specify that the spell kills the enemy ally rather than it gets killed by the ally you exhausted. It's not really an issue it's just one of the things that is not quite clear when you first play the game before really getting to know it kind of like it never say exactly what being webbed or frozen does although one could easily guess.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    hmm.. but, passive abilities are not beeing disabled for 'Captured Pray'... when i play it on a 'Aeon', he is supposed to doesnt protect his allies anymore, (how a prey that was captured can protect anyone? lol) ... so, is it a bug, isnt it?
    Really good observation, I think this must be taken into consideration.