Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

New Player - Some questions

/wave Hello Everyone,
    I started playing 2 days ago. I am addicted already!
    I have purchased all cards currently available. I have read a bunch of strat / deck builds, i may have confused myself at times lol.

To get a better understanding of the game would it be best to play a bunch of different decks? Or just focus on one build?

As a beginning player is there 'best' hero / deck to start with to learn the game?

I am currently trying out Jericho build. Ive seen a few different styles on how to play Jericho and have been switching out a few cards. I think im getting to know how to play this deck. Ive played a few challenges and am currently rating 111.

I am trying to keep my deck under 40 cards. My goal is to learn this game and improve in skill so i can join a active guild/team and play in future tournaments.
    As well as place high in the ladder.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi and welcome to SE :P

if you want more help on deckbuilding maybe its a good idea to post your deck in the strategy section and ask for advice.

Also (my opinion) you should try to limit your deck to the minimum of 30 (maybe 31) cards, becaues this will increase the chance to draw a certain card and execute the strategy that your deck contains faster thus leading you to victory faster.
    Card Collages for all Classes | ShadoweraChat(channel: shadowera) | Testserver
    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    <GDC|AFK> Jaridan hath returned!
    <GDC|AFK> #36 on the ladder and never played a game
    <GDC|AFK> Nerd has played 20 games and is #37
    Soldier:"Sir, we are surrounded!"
    Commander:"Excellent! Now we can fire in any direction!"
    Jaridan - Frontpig Soldier

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reply, and i dont think im ready to post my build just yet.
    I was mainly wondering if people usually test out multiple decks when starting out or not.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rvey View Post
    I was mainly wondering if people usually test out multiple decks when starting out or not.
    It depends on the person. I for example have been sticking to one deck, with MANY iterations removing cards and adding in whenever I believe they will benefit me. Honestly there is no "best" hero. Just find the one you like, or the bunch if it's more than 1, and roll with it. I for one am preparing for the increase to 40 which will happen soon. Prolly in 1.27 or 1.28.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Jericho is not that easy to play. Since you have all cards, i would play a gwen, followed up by a majiya,...
    i think you should focus on a deck for about 3-5 days
    BACK (well, i try )
    Overlord of Darkness

A1:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Padawan-Pete

Marksmen:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....nters-Marksmen

Ingame-Names: CHILLABREAKA = test account and CHLBRK = rating account

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It's probably best to find a hero that suits the style you like and stick with it. E.g. Zaladar is an agressive ally rush, majiya quick burn etc. Obviously there are other ways to play these decks, they're just examples. Once you find a hero you like, stick with it and tune the deck. Then when you feel ready, switch to another hero and go again. You'll pick up good strategies from some of your opponents, but more importantly, you'll learn the subtle mechanics of the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rvey View Post
    If you want to learn how to play against everydeck and get good results on tourneys you should play with everydeck until you know their weakness and strengths.

If you want to get a good ranking and become an ignorant about all other decks so you can pop up in the forums to cry everytime about how your hero is subpar and how another hero is so better than him without any reason in the posts, you should play a single deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    If you want to learn how to play against everydeck and get good results on tourneys you should play with everydeck until you know their weakness and strengths.

If you want to get a good ranking and become an ignorant about all other decks so you can pop up in the forums to cry everytime about how your hero is subpar and how another hero is so better than him without any reason in the posts, you should play a single deck.
    +1
    (lol)