Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Faction - Demons

*** EDIT: I finally posted the demon abilities. Tell me what you think. ***

After some searching, I found there are more demons than the demons we all know from our favorite games. My suggestion focuses on the "fire" demons and the abilities they use. Before we get to the cards, let's see two demon abilities.

1. Blaze X - when a card with this ability enters play, target ally takes X damage for every card(allies-abilities-items) played in this turn. (including this card)
    So if only this card is played, target will get X damage. If 1 more card was played before this one, the target will get 2*X damage.

2. One of the demon abilities (I found their most common abilities in wikipedia) is forming contracts. In my suggestion, they use the souls of the poor victims for a chance to get what they need.
    Contract X - when a card with this ability enters play, you can choose up to X allies in your hand. Return those allies to your library and draw X cards.

Name: Hellspawn
    Type: Demon Ally (Beast)
    Cost: 1
    Attack/Health: 1/1
    Ability: If you control a demon with cost 5 or higher, Hellspawn gets +1/+1.

Name: Imp Tutor
    Cost: 2
    Attack/Health: 2/2
    Ability: If Imp Tutor is dealt exactly 2 damage, you draw a card, then discard a card.

Name: Howling Jinn
    Type: Demon Ally (Beast or Male)
    Attack/Health: 1/3
    Ability: While Howling Jinn remains in play, opponent takes 1 damage when he plays an ability.

Name: Deviling
    Cost: 3
    Attack/Health: 3/4 - edited from 3/3
    Ability: When Deviling enters play, target takes 2 damage for every other Deviling in play.

Name: Acolyte of Sazh
    Type: Demon Ally (Male)
    Attack/Health: 3/4
    Ability: When Acolyte of Sazh attacks, he loses 1 health and the hero heals 2 damage.

Name: Chained Firemane
    Cost: 4
    Attack/Health: 2/5 or 3/5
    Ability: Blaze 1

Name: Enraged **Tamarith** (I found afterwards that the name is taken by WoW, so I'll have to change it)
    Attack/Health: 4/3
    Ability: When Enraged Tamarith enters play, all other demons you control get +1 attack until end of turn.

Type: Rydan Assassin
    Type: Demon Ally (Female or Male)
    Attack/Health: 3/5
    Ability: (2) Rydan Assasin gets Ambush and +1 attack until end of turn.
    Last edited by Anurak; 06-23-2011 at 06:22 PM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Name: Succubus
    Type: Demon Ally (Female)
    Cost: 5
    Attack/Health: 2/6
    Ability: (2) Succubus deals up to 3 damage to target and heals an equal amount of damage.

I don't write "...and heals 3 damage" because if a hero wears armor, she wouldn't deal 3 damage. Also, if she kills a Fire Snake she deals only 2 damage. That's the amount she would heal.

Name: Nightmare
    Cost: 5
    Attack/Health: 3/6
    Ability: When Nightmare enters play, opponent discards 1 card for every 5cc ally you control. (including Nightmare)

Name: Altaraz, Elder Jinn
    Cost: 6
    Attack/Health: 3/6
    Ability 1: Contract 2
    Ability 2: Blaze 2

Name: Archdemon of Syl
    Type: Demon Ally (Beast or Male)
    Cost: 6
    Attack/Health: 3/8
    Ability: Archdemon of Syl gets +1 attack for each item you control.

Name: Nefaash, Demon Empress
    Type: Demon Ally (Female) - Unique
    Cost: 7
    Attack/Health: 2/9 or 3/8
    Ability 1: Nefaash, Demon Empress cannot be the target of abilities.
    Ability 2: Other demons you control get +1/+1
    Last edited by Anurak; 06-21-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Demon Abilities
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name: Cauterize
    Type: Demon Ability
    Ability: Discard a card. Target heals 4 damage.

Name: Inner Flame (Ignore this one since we don't have demon allies)
    Ability: Ongoing: If the target is a demon, it gets +1/+2. If the target is non-demon, it gets -1/-2.

Name: Gate to Purgatory
    Type: Demon Item
    Cost: 2-3
    Ability: (2): Discard an ally and return from graveyard to your hand an ally with the same or lower cost.

Name: Hellspore
    Ability: Ongoing: Target ally takes 1 damage per turn. If the ally is killed by Hellspore, put under your control a 1/2 hellspore.

Name: Magma Geyser
    Ability: Deal 4 damage to a single target, or 2 damage to 2 targets.

Name: Magma Pit
    Ability: (2): Remove a card from graveyard and draw a card

Name: Ruin
    Ability: Sacrifice an ally and destroy target ongoing ability or item with the same cost.
    or
    Cost: 4-5
    Ability: Sacrifice an ally and destroy target ongoing ability or item.

Name: Soul Burn
    Cost: 4-5
    Ability: Deal 3 damage to enemy hero. He cannot play abilities during his next turn.

Name: Altar of Groth
    Ability: When you discard a card, check the first 2 cards of your library. Leave one on top and place the other at the bottom of the library.

Name: Veinlash
    Cost: 2-3
    Ability: Deal 2 damage to any number of targets. You take damage equal to the number of targets.

*** EDIT ***
    And the last ability

Name: Unholy Ritual
    Ability: Lose 2 life and return target ally from your graveyard to your hand.
    Last edited by Anurak; 06-23-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    reserved 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My personal preference would be to stay away from classes like "angels" and "demons." For a lot of people, me included, they have religious significance that might hurt their popularity with the general playerbase.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wylding View Post
    My personal preference would be to stay away from classes like "angels" and "demons." For a lot of people, me included, they have religious significance that might hurt their popularity with the general playerbase.
    There are many games (MtG, Poxnora, ...) which use the term. I respect all beliefs, peculiarities and eccentricities, but I don't think the introduction of demons hurt those games. Also, I find hard to believe that people, who feel uncomfortable with the word/term demon, would play MtG, Shadow Era, or any other similar game. There are many interesting card games like Munchkin or Dominion for those with a problem with the fantasy theme.
    Although I could compromise and call them from now on Shadow Fairies.

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    With an entire ally base, maybe this should be a new faction, not a new class?
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Damn. I meant to write faction, and I typed class by mistake. Well, just like you suspected it is a new faction.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think because of the current factions, Humans and Shadow, there's an overlap issue with Shadow and Demons.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We still don't have a single demon ally for the shadow, which is strange since they are definitely shadow material. And I'm thinking "Could it be that they have plans for them in the future?" I'm working on the abilities and the heroes (they are what each new class needs), but creating allies is more fun.

EDIT: If demons don't get a faction, I really can't imagine what could. Shadow already have undead, mythological beings, masochists (Baduruu), and Dark Elves (if Majiya is one). The number of demon allies and abilities could only be limited by the creativity of the design team and the artists. Of course the design team could focus on the two factions we have now and not release another, having a good (humans) vs evil (shadow) story. I hope they don't think that way, although other things are more urgent right now than the introduction of another faction.
    Last edited by Anurak; 06-21-2011 at 09:42 PM.