Close

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Eladwen Frostmire - Webs of Wrath

This a fun (note I didn't say competitive) deck if you want to play Eladwen versus a friend. It doesn't fare well against completely solo-hero builds but it does well versus any deck relying at least somewhat on Allies. You should also play with a 40 card minimum as this deck was designed with that size in mind.

Core:

1x Eladwen Frostmire

4x Freeze
    2x Supernova
    3x Clinging Webs
    2x Violet Thunderstorm
    3x Wrath of Summer
    4x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Raven Wildheart

Chose which cards you want from the following, the recommended total amount is listed after the category:

Burn/Bounce - 9
    Fireball
    Thunderstrike
    Arcane Burst
    Retreat! (no more than 3)

Draw - 4
    Research
    Bazaar
    Bad Santa

Allies - 5
    Puwen Bloodhelm
    Aldon the Brave
    Aeon Stormcaller

Total: 40 cards

Sample Deck:

1x Eladwen Frostmire

4x Freeze
    2x Supernova
    3x Clinging Webs
    3x Retreat
    2x Fireball
    2x Lightning Strike
    2x Arcane Burst
    2x Research

2x Bad Santa

2x Violet Thunderstorm
    3x Wrath of Summer

4x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Raven Wildheart
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Aeon Stormcaller

Strategy:

The basic idea behind this deck is to be able to handle lots of enemy allies without relying as heavily on Supernova for defense. It works in three parts:

Lockdown - Freeze and Clinging Webs are superior cards for rendering your opponent's allies useless. You get 2-3 turns where the target ally of these effects cannot attack or defend. The inability for allies to defend while under the effect of these abilities is probably the most crucial aspect - but I'll explain that later.

Control - Jasmine Rosecult and Raven Wildheart. These are your main allies. They serve the same purpose as the Lockdown cards in that they render your opponent's allies near useless. One interesting thing about this deck is that your allies' abilities are more important than their damage - keeping your opponent from being able to attack is what this deck does best.

Destroy - This is where your burn spells, weapons & armor, and Eladwen's ability come into play. One cool combo I've learned is Freeze/Webs & Wrath of Summer. Lighting your opponent on fire and smacking them with the Wrath does wonders to cut down on your need for damage abilities. It's even better when they can't attack back. Freeze and Webs also give the Wrath some time to work it's damage-over-time magic. You can kill a 4 health ally easily with either of the two. When you can get Violet Thunderstorm in play, you'll kill your enemies even faster because they'll take 2 damage when they attack you (1 from Violet and 1 from counterattacking) while you take next to nothing.
    One important thing to note, however, is that you want to save Eladwen's ability for as long as possible. You need that burst of 4 damage handy when your opponent drops a big ally like Gargoyle, Aeon, or anything with Reinforced Armor. Your dinky 1 damage drop to 0 fairly easily. Fortunately, if you've been forced to use Ice Shard you can keep doing Damage with Wrath of Summer as it only costs 1 shadow energy per turn to keeping lighting things up!

P.S. I hope you recognize this deck, Stunnah :3
    Last edited by Pretty Pretty Princess; 06-21-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i like your decks, PPP
    BACK (well, i try )
    Overlord of Darkness

A1:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Padawan-Pete

Marksmen:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....nters-Marksmen

Ingame-Names: CHILLABREAKA = test account and CHLBRK = rating account

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    but there is a problem: since this deck isnt fast, your opponent will have time to spam you with items, weapons and armors you cant destroy.
    BACK (well, i try )
    Overlord of Darkness

A1:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Padawan-Pete

Marksmen:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....nters-Marksmen

Ingame-Names: CHILLABREAKA = test account and CHLBRK = rating account

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why Violet Thunderstorm instead of Snow Sapphire? Not only is SS a much better armor, but it seems to fit the theme of this deck much better as well. Freeze attackers for 2 turns (even heroes), so you can deal with them during your turn. Seems like a no brainer replacement for me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Like I said in the original post, this deck is for fun. I try to make decks which rely on unpopular cards in order to showcase their strength. It's not meant to be competitive.

@crazygambit the reason I didn't go Snow Sapphire is because there are 7 other cards in the deck that do that job for me, and they cost less than 6. Generally, enemy allies are supposed to have a hard time making it to where they can attack Eladwen directly and at that point she might as well just finish them off. The theme of the deck revolves around Wrath of Summer and damage dealing as well, so VT was the natural choice for me.
    Last edited by Pretty Pretty Princess; 06-21-2011 at 09:12 PM.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Pretty Princess View Post
    Like I said in the original post, this deck is for fun. I try to make decks which rely on unpopular cards in order to showcase their strength. It's not meant to be competitive.

@crazygambit the reason I didn't go Snow Sapphire is because there are 7 other cards in the deck that do that job for me, and they cost less than 6. Generally, enemy allies are supposed to have a hard time making it to where they can attack Eladwen directly and at that point she might as well just finish them off. The theme of the deck revolves around Wrath of Summer and damage dealing as well, so VT was the natural choice for me.
    But then why even bother playing the armor in the first place? If you think they won't get to attack why even bother spending 6 resources on an armor? Plus 1 Extra damage won't finish anyone and Gargoyles (the most popular ally at the moment) still eat through your armor and weapon taking no damage. With SS you can at least freeze them.

I get the point is for the deck to be "fun", but that doesn't justify putting weaker cards just because, when there are better alternatives available.

Edit: I think I played against something like this last night and he couldn't get rid of my gargoyles. Poor thing tried attacking with Wrath of Summer after using Eladwen's ability and then tried setting it on fire, only to realize it just wasn't gonna die.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
    But then why even bother playing the armor in the first place? If you think they won't get to attack why even bother spending 6 resources on an armor? Plus 1 Extra damage won't finish anyone and Gargoyles (the most popular ally at the moment) still eat through your armor and weapon taking no damage. With SS you can at least freeze them.

I get the point is for the deck to be "fun", but that doesn't justify putting weaker cards just because, when there are better alternatives available.

Edit: I think I played against something like this last night and he couldn't get rid of my gargoyles. Poor thing tried attacking with Wrath of Summer after using Eladwen's ability and then tried setting it on fire, only to realize it just wasn't gonna die.
    Well that's why you save her ability and your heavy hitting DD cards for such occasions.I think the mechanic should be that VT does 2 damage, because it's clearly an inferior card. This deck just exemplifies how close VT is to being viable. And if you want to use Snow Sapphire by all means go ahead; just know that I'm not changing the build.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^