Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[Outdated]Elementalis currently best PvP deck?

Warning: This deck is outdated and should not be used in PvP.

I'm currently playing a Zaladar buff deck but once multiplayer rolls around, I think the best deck would be an Elementalis deck. Here's the 30-card deck composition:

1 Elementalis
    4 Brutalis
    4 Fire Snake
    4 Spark

1 Feedback
    2 Shard of Power
    4 Energy Discharge
    3 Eternal Renewal
    3 Bazaar
    4 Bad Santa

Basically, the aim of the deck is to play lots of creatures and sap them with Elementalis for life because they're cheap creatures. Wipe the other side with Energy Discharge. Use Eternal Renewal to gain back all your cards when you're running out. And accelerating this deck are 3 Bazaars and 4 Bad Santas; not to mention the fact that there's only 30 cards so you'll hit your combos very consistently and speedily.

Part of the reason why I think the Elemental class is a bit overpowered right now is cards like Energy Discharge, Transference, Feedback, and Eternal Renewal. Not necessarily that they're overpowered as individual cards, but that one class has access to all of these cards. Makes Elemental the most balanced class to deal with any kind of deck.

EDIT: Haha, forgot to mention, in case it wasn't clear, the point of this deck is mainly to win from the other player running out of cards. But the small creatures can do some chipping damage of their own.
    Last edited by AnAdolt; 02-25-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: add edit comment; corrected composition; added warning; updated title outdated

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Whether elementals will be one of the best deck I don't know, they do have some good cards. However I'm sure the listed deck will not be, at least not in the current form. Cards like fire snake and brutalist don't do much. They don't kill any allies and don't help your strategy. I know they can be used with your hero power, but you might as well play allies that are effective by themselves. You don't really need 3 eternal renewal, I would only run 1 but you should never need more then 2 because the first will shuffle in the second. Finally making your opponent draw their deck doesn't really guarantee a win. It still takes a long time even with all the bazzars and things. Plus giving your opponent every card makes it a lot easier for them to beat you. Also why don't you play mind control.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First, let me say sorry to anyone who got the impression the deck I mentioned is the best. That's a hollow overstatement. This is what happens when I create a topic about a deck before I even use it myself. I was using a comparable Zaladar deck so I thought the minor changes I could compenstate with hypothesies but clearly I was wrong. However, some parts of what I said up there I still believe in.

I think the deck can still work with Fire Snake and Brutalis in it, I played with a tweaked version of above and it can do well. But I must admit, my current Zaladar deck removes those two in favour of, like you said, more effective allies by themselves. Regarding Eternal Renewal, yeah, my tweaked version only use 2. While Bazaar you can't help, Bad Santa you can play more strategically so that you get more of an advantage out of it. I agree it wasn't churning as fast as I expected. From my experience so far, normal PvP games usually end in about 5-8 turns so I'd like a more consistent game in the early rounds and keeping the mana curve lower.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Should I say the power of a deck now is more or less related to which hero you pick? Elemental hero who deals 3 damages up to 2 targets is definitely okay in this environment. You cannot ask for more with the cost of 4 shadow energies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will agree with AnAdolt that elemental decks right now rule. Yes, winning from the other player not having cards to draw is plan B, but the deck has a very high possibility to win by raw power. Having Zaladar clearing the board once in a while and the fact that Energy Discharge doesn't remove Shard of power and Bazaar, means that most of the time you'll be able to play 2-3 cheap allies per turn, and when the enemies come into play will be greeted by a bunch of 3/1 sparks and fire snakes. And if that doesn't work, or you have Ter Adun destroying the SoP, then you can move to plan B. Right now I play a Eladwen deck, but Zaladar and a Gravebone-Deathbone-Portal deck are on top of my list with things to try.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any ideas how to make a good Zaladar deck for pvp?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A good deck needs 30~40 cards right, even if you 30 goods cards you still need some resources to use them.
    To survive in this era, I must crush and annihilate all opposing enimies. Mages are my sworn enemy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEREF View Post
    A good deck needs 30~40 cards right, even if you 30 goods cards you still need some resources to use them.
    You use the cards that aren't needed at that particular time as resources. You should never put a card in your deck with the idea that "this'll be a resource card."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    You should never put a card in your deck with the idea that "this'll be a resource card."
    I never thought about "this'll be a resource card." when I made my 40 card deck, its just that sometimes I put cards I need for the resources sometimes so having less cards aren't so good sometimes...I feel.

*I'm still a beginner at playing this with a ranking of 294, just started 1 & 1/2 days ago
    To survive in this era, I must crush and annihilate all opposing enimies. Mages are my sworn enemy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @TotallyImba My Zaladar PvP deck hasn't been worked on lately and I haven't been on PvP lately either. Stopped playing about a week ago so it may or may not be very competitive. It was designed and went up against the popular decks though; Eladwen Portal, Zhanna Plague, and Darkclaw Lone Wolf decks. Cards I use include: Zaladar, Infernal Gargoyle, Brutalis, Plasma Behemoth, Bad Wolf, Energy Discharge, Conversion, Spark, Transference, Mind Control, Life Infusion, Eternal Renewal, and Bazaar.