Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My Gwen Deck that lead me to rank2

i decided to share my deck since now there is a new patch out and people have found many counters against gwen so it isnt so "overpowered" as it was at start.

Gwen
    4x jasmine
    3x aldon
    3x blake
    2x pwen
    2x aeon
    2x raven

4x soul keeper
    2x beetles

3x arrows

2x nightprower
    2x gravedigers clock

30 cards total

when u go 1st there is a perfect start (if u have the best draw possible) that ensures a win vs most decks (maybe not priests)

blake-aldon-bettle - nightprower = gg

the whole idea to to manage to have board control for 1 turn only with 1 weapon and 1 ally every single time ... then u put nightprower to finish the game...

dont use nightprower to just take 1 card when your opponent has an ally or weapon in play (unless u cant do anythign else), just keep fighting for board control and when the time is right put nightpeower down to finish the game...

worst match ups jericho... mainly because u cant "seal" the game once u get board control cuz of the weapon/item destruction

on 1.26 it wont work since a major combo was to put down aeon when the board was not completly clear and to protect your nightprower for extra hits...

gravedigger was the main answer to elementalis ....

the main difference with the other gwen decks is the less weapons + more allies... i think that is the key for the win.. also the 5 x 2 recource allies ensure higher chance for a perfect start when going 1st

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    really good deck the way u put it,but there are same great questions
    1.what happens when u start second?only 2 puwens mean that with a simple snake or a brut u will have to start playing at turn 3!!except if u destroy an arrow just for a simple snake.
    2.no rapid fire???u mean gwen can stand the topdecking situation that happens after turn 6 even if u have played aeon??
    3.one gargoyle out by a majiya turning first and caboom!!and i mean a simple majiya not a pro!!she is so easy to win this non rapidfire deck with continuous burn and destruction of rapid fire.and she is very popular to ignore the odds to run against her.plus if u dont have rapid fire and a VoW shows up then even nishaven is a bad problem!and ofcourse one weapon hit per turn and topdecking after turn 6 means that elementalis will kick some @@@ at least in 1.25.plus what about amber who usually plays no ally-food for your SS and is stronger than u in weapons,has a draw machine,HP replenishment and the same allies!!many usual heroes find vulnerable spots in this deck.congrats if u pulled it to rank 2,cause it seems really difficult!!!

i dont think that the answer to all these is the nightprowler cause we all know that it is only played in specific very optimistic situations and if u cannot destroy it immediately means that u have no weapon in play or in hand or no ally in play so u practicly have already lost against a gwen even if she didnt use the nightprowler!!!if u destroy it immediately means that gwen only took 1 card by paying 5cc!!!!in fact nightprowler is ONLY usefull when combined with rapidfire and u make a +4 difference of cards between the 2 heroes!!!and ofcourse the cloak is only usefull against elementalis.in any other case u usually have played BDB in turn 4 and used your se to make a monster so the cloak will grant u 1 card in turn 6 and one in turn 9!!so basicly 5cc to get one card cause it wont last until turn 9.gwen is FORCED to use rapidfire cause of the lack of draw engine

ps:HOW can u put aeon and night prowler together out??even if he lasts it will be for 1 turn ONLY (given that u will shoot the other hero not allies with gwen for the steal)??

sorry if i sound too judgemental but i've played gwen and took me to 300 but that is her limit since she isnt tier1 and in fact that is only if u use rapid fire...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Edit: Of course, I'm not sure if he played Gwen exclusively. Just sayin'..
    Last edited by jiminee; 06-20-2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: added edit comment

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminee View Post

Edit: Of course, I'm not sure if he played Gwen exclusively. Just sayin'..
    Hhmmmm, maybe Majiya too.......
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    that rating was only by gwen... my hpenigma acoutn went up to 300 rating once only with jericho... never played maji as of yet...

@otto7 u talk like i am lying or something since with this deck i say that i made myr ating i did ... so most probably u habnt figured soemhting out... + i won most top20 at the time when they were playing ... ( u can find an old threat at the beggining of the reset talking abpout the games vs a lot of the top20 guys)

now to the point

1. no problem when u go 2nd to play at 3rd round.. and no i dont waste an arrow on a snake...
    2. i found rapid fire usless... the key fo the deck is that u dont miss 1 vital round "playing" rapid fire... very uselss card for me i didnt even use it on a 40 card gwen... is the reason why not many gwens are in top20... the bows are there to HELP not the win for u , u have allies to win... totally different strategy (thats why i dont have 8 bows as u probably do have)
    3. here u mention a lot of things... but most importantly maji was my favorite match up and the reason i became 2nd was that i won most of the maji i faced... i dont understant why gargole is the problem when u dont have rapid fire... and to be honest even if i had i doubt i would waste 2 attacks of my gwen to kill a gargoly!!! such a waste!! when i can kill it with 1 attack + 1 defence

and every1 can come in here and say all possible "counters" for gwen... but the facts are there...
    Last edited by HPAnigma; 06-20-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by HPAnigma View Post
    and every1 can come in here and say all possible "counters" for gwen... but the facts are there...
    The major counters for Gwen that everyone will talk about are the ones that stop the bow-centric strat. They will pretty much still tell you about them even though your deck is clearly a human ally deck rather than a bow deck. Yay forums!

I like the deck. I'm curious, does the Protector change hurt this build a lot?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    The major counters for Gwen that everyone will talk about are the ones that stop the bow-centric strat. They will pretty much still tell you about them even though your deck is clearly a human ally deck rather than a bow deck. Yay forums!

I like the deck. I'm curious, does the Protector change hurt this build a lot?
    i did try to test it a bit... but i only played few games on 1.26... the problem of this deck wqas mainly jericho and thats why i stoped to the gwen and tried to ge ta 2nd name in top20 with jericho... (but the lack of high rating ppl makes it imposible now) generally tho aeon was there to protect my hero most of the times so i guess it will be a major problem... (especially vs amber) and MOST IMPORTANTLY when lets say a maji player plays a snakes and u have an aeon and a bow... now u have to target the snake! when before u could just ignore it... that of cource is with almost any ally that before i would just ignore...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not to take anything away from you, HPAnigma, because I did lose to you that one time way back when I was still in the top 20, but had I stopped playing my account back then as well, I would be third with a rating of 328 with the Amber deck that I played exclusively for 1.25. However, my deck was not exactly the most tuned deck there was out there. I'm not sure what it was during those early few weeks after the ratings reset but I just skyrocketed in ratings when I went on a long winning streak. But after a while, I started encountering better decks and possibly better players as well until eventually I dropped from the top 20 (rather fast).

Looking at your deck, though, I would think that if you played a new account with the same deck back in v1.25 when there were more fine-tuned decks, I think it would be difficult to even get past the 260 mark. We'll never know now though because the protector change will probably change how you play this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If this was a deck discussion topic I would argue about all these 2x of each card without any draw mechanic.

But who am I to disagree with the might one that went to 2nd in the ranking in the beginnings of the game and in a patch were you could just edit a number at the memory to win a game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now the player's skill all better and it's not easy for you to win like before LOL, but thank you for sharing your deck
    Nick: Vo Danh - zantetsuken
    Char: Nishaven-Jericho-Majiya-Gwen-Amber