Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hunter traps and Deathbone... bug? [confirmed]

I have noticed that if a hunter plays a trap and you attempt to play Deathbone hoping that the 2 damage from killing him (rightfully) will damage the hunter, you will receive the rude shock of having 2 damage delivered to yourself...

That can't be right!!!

Anyone else seen this?
    Moonstalker; annoying the crap out of people since conception.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingMagician View Post
    I have noticed that if a hunter plays a trap and you attempt to play Deathbone hoping that the 2 damage from killing him (rightfully) will damage the hunter, you will receive the rude shock of having 2 damage delivered to yourself...

That can't be right!!!

Anyone else seen this?
    Well I believe it is fine as is because it would be quite exploitative. Because the average player would know what type of trap was played by the hunter, due to there only being 2 Traps and they have different costs, it would be very easy, and rightfully the smart play, to trigger Death traps with Deathbone to DD hunters for 2 damage all the time. And in another perspective it's YOUR fault he died when you KNOW that there is a DEATH Trap on the table. So YOU should be penalized for suiciding your own dudes on purpose, at least that's my 2 cents.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's still a bunch of reported bugs, such as this one, that remains unfixed in v1.26. Hopefully that'll all be ratified in the coming days.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    There's still a bunch of reported bugs, such as this one, that remains unfixed in v1.26. Hopefully that'll all be ratified in the coming days.
    That's EXACTLY what we are talking about here. It doesn't make sense for me who has played Death Trap to take 2 damage because my opponent is trying to exploit the fact that the ally will die.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Obviously its a bug.... its makes no sense the Deathbones' owner takes the damage when its dying because of the oposing trap...

Even if Death trap was the only type of existing trap, still Deathbone is being killed because of it... when you say exploit, then should be a bug wich youre taking advantage of, what is not the case, its just a smart use of game mechanics...

You just play Deathbone cause its smart to play it, same reason you wont play 'tall' allies when the enemy probably has a Mind Control (and resources) to play it, and same reason you wont play many allies when your enemy probably has a mass ally discard...

Just to ilustrate, imagine the scenary:

Majyia is at battlefield, leading her little group of allies attacking a Human village, and she, smart as she is, realize that there is some strange things on the floor, like mounts of straw apparently covering something. So, she turns to her brave and courageous Deathbone and order him to go before the group, just to certify the field is safe so the group can continue the attack.

Deathbone says: "its alright Dark Lady, i will ensure the path is safe for you" !

So, he goes through the field, passing by the mount of straws, knowing the riscs, and knowing why he was doing that, but suddenly he falls in a hole, vanishing from the eyes of everyone and yells something before hit the ground and get killed by the sparks on the bottom.

What do you think Deathbone Yelled?

1 - "Majyiaaaaaa, your bitch!!! I hope you burn in Heeeeell!!!!

or

2- "Dammmnn Hunter!!! You will pay for what you did to me!!! im cursing you!!!!!

rofl... of course im kidding... but i think '2' is the answer... =D
    Last edited by Warrada; 06-21-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't try to use reason with Sorter, he don't listen to it. Anything that affects negatively his only and beloved deck is broken and should be fixed.

On a side note, i laugh irl with your story.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    Don't try to use reason with Sorter, he don't listen to it. Anything that affects negatively his only and beloved deck is broken and should be fixed.
    This.

Just because you think your hunter is weak doesn't mean you should be trying to prevent legit bugs like this from being fixed.

Hunters need more traps.
    This problem does not relate to the bug mentioned in this thread.

I don't care if there were 100 traps and I had no clue which one you played.
    I would still play Deathbone first if it was in my hand because it is the best play.
    Your trap is what killed him not me deciding to play intelligently.
    Last edited by Negative Zer0; 06-21-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    When I am discussing anything related to card or deck balance in this game, I am discussing it in relation to a 40 card deck format.
    This is the current tournament format and the most balanced format in my opinion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Obviously its a bug.... its makes no sense the Deathbones' owner takes the damage when its dying because of the oposing trap...

Even if Death trap was the only type of existing trap, still Deathbone is being killed because of it... when you say exploit, then should be a bug wich youre taking advantage of, what is not the case, its just a smart use of game mechanics...

You just play Deathbone cause its smart to play it, same reason you wont play 'tall' allies when the enemy probably has a Mind Control (and resources) to play it, and same reason you wont play many allies when your enemy probably has a mass ally discard...

Just to ilustrate, imagine the scenary:

Majyia is at battlefield, leading her little group of allies attacking a Human village, and she, smart as she is, realize that there is some strange things on the floor, like mounts of straw apparently covering something. So, she turns to her brave and courageous Deathbone and order him to go before the group, just to certify the field is safe so the group can continue the attack.

Deathbone says: "its alright Dark Lady, i will ensure the path is safe for you" !

So, he goes through the field, passing by the mount of straws, knowing the riscs, and knowing why he was doing that, but suddenly he falls in a hole, vanishing from the eyes of everyone and yells something before hit the ground and get killed by the sparks on the bottom.

What do you think Deathbone Yelled?

1 - "Majyiaaaaaa, your bitch!!! I hope you burn in Heeeeell!!!!

or

2- "Dammmnn Hunter!!! You will pay for what you did to me!!! im cursing you!!!!!

rofl... of course im kidding... but i think '2' is the answer... =D
    I laughed irl with your story.

On a side note, when i played Zaladar and was in the situation mentioned in the OP for the first time, my first thought was, "if i send deathbone on this death trap, it's like i killed deathbone, so i'll probably take the damages... Let's see, *summon deathbone*, arhh!!! i was right !!!". My logic didn't saw any bug.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You have a bug in your logic

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If there is only one bug in my logic, i'm the wiser man you ever know.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱