Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Version update suggestion

So... Since Apple has a delay in releasing version updates because of their approval process, I'd love it if the version update was submitted to apple prior to releasing on pc so that it would be roughly timed more in sync.

Especially since most pc users use the test server and have access to the new cards, bug fixes, etc first hand for a while ahead of us Apple users.

I understand that this won't happen probably, due to various reasons, but I'd love to see it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    For the below response.... you have been banned.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I personally don't really see the upside in holding back an update that's ready to go for this reason. Once it is ready to go, it should be shot out to every platform as soon as possible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it's better if they pre-release on the platforms that they can as well since if they don't, people will complain more about that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    I personally don't really see the upside in holding back an update that's ready to go for this reason. Once it is ready to go, it should be shot out to every platform as soon as possible.
    I'm just arguing for equality in release timing. But I understand that players shouldn't be penalized for the fact that Apple has an approval process and have to wait for non-Apple platforms.

If the test server was accessible by Apple devices, I wouldn't mind so much. But that's just my opinion.

@AnAdolt. Yes, I totally understand your point, that's why I don't expect the process to change since there is a large percentage that plays non-Apple platform.
    Last edited by Kalland; 06-20-2011 at 01:59 AM.
    For the below response.... you have been banned.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hopefully they implement the option to connect to the test server on the mobile platforms as well. Many have requested this feature. Being cross-platform, it's important for mobile users to be able to help test on the test server as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hopefully they implement the option to connect to the test server on the mobile platforms as well. Many have requested this feature. Being cross-platform, it's important for mobile users to be able to help test on the test server as well.
    When ?? In v1.26 ??
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I Use The App For The Mac Computer But The Test Server Is For Everyone Too Dude.
    BayArea'sFines7
    Dubstep

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This might take a bite out of profitability of the game, though. The test server would just become the de facto main server unless there were additional incentives to play on the main server.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This has been discussed before. In short, I disagree.

@Kentuequi That was just my opinion, I don't know if or when this will be implemented.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The way the game is currently, the mobile test server thing isn't going to happen. I'm pretty sure Kyle doesn't want to build, compile, and submit app after app for each time the test server is updated.

Now if they switched the game handling to server side..... well, they could release a final app, and be done with it. Every future update would be instantaneously available to all players, because all they have to do is update the server. No more lengthy approval and cross platform processes. Unless you wanted to update the client to handle new security protocol etc.