Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I need to download the game every time I open the browser

The game is being downloaded every time I open the browser(with percents in the right corner). Is it normal?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The game is being loaded. Its normal and every game has it.
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not "downloaded", per se, it's just that your browser needs to connect to Shadow Era's server. Or something along those lines.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When I'm using IE, the game starts just after I press login/register button. When I'm using Firefox, I have to wait a minute or two for percents in the right corner.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you've recently loaded the game with IE, then you won't have to load it again for a while. Tested a few minutes ago by accessing the Play Now page, it had to load, I let it load, logged off, closed my browser, started IE again, and logged in, and it didn't have to load the second time.

Edit: Controversially, during the time I was logged off from Firefox to test this, I was logged off long enough for it to have to reload the game. Yuck.

Edit 2: Will wait for a bit so that I've been logged off the game from IE for a while, and then log back again to see if I have to load. If not, then it's just that Firefox has to load the game more frequently than IE.
    Last edited by Ice; 02-10-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I mainly only use Firefox and it loads everytime I login to SE. I noticed in either v1.18 or 1.19, it caches the files so if I open another tab and login to another account, I could login right away and it didn't take the time in loading the files again. If you want, maybe try clearing the cache for Firefox to see if that helps.