Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Argh, leave NYM alone. Using Lone Wolf to balance an allyless deck is a good idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my opinion, Wulven lack three things:
    1. Better hero abilities. Moonstalker's new ability that was on the test server was a dream come true for me because I play a Wulven ally deck and I hereby petition the design team to return it when they change all the heroes for 1.27.

2. Better allies. Pack Wolf is good, Bad Wolf should be changed to Wulven ally, but the Wulven really need a 5 or even a 6 cost card that would empower the Wulven allies in some way (stealth, ambush, protector, +1/+1 to Wulven allies take your pick) and that could survive on it's own. One good ability for the Wulven would be Rage: Wulven allies and Hero do +2 damage when attacking. This ability could be given to the aforementioned ally or to one of Wulven heroes.

3. Mass removal. Some would argue that the Wulven already have this in the form of Rabid Bite, but right now there are too many bugs associated with it to be used effectively. Instead I have this in mind:
    Plague of Lycanthrophy
    5 or 6
    Sacrifice one (or two if this is OP) Wulven allies and then destroy all enemy allies. For each ally destroyed this way summon a 1/1 wolf token to the field that can attack immediately. (The effect is just to illustrate the new card, it could be made so that your hero gains increased damage or even regeneration for a number of rounds).
    Last edited by Plague; 06-19-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    In game name: Plague12
    "...I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat; I'm just a guy out of nowhere came to be involved in something five-hundreds times bigger than you and me." - Nines Rodriguez, Anarch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think an ability to kill your own allies (for some sort of bonus) would make lone wolf more reliable and thus help wulven out by a lot.
    Proud part of the More Nerfs (aka balancing) movement!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For Rabid Bite, I'd rather change to sth like MC:

5: randomly attack a friend ally, then destroy it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkong99 View Post
    For Rabid Bite, I'd rather change to sth like MC:

5: randomly attack a friend ally, then destroy it.
    Absolutely not.

As for hero abilities, I do think Moonstalker needs an ability that gears him towards more allied play. Darkclaws is fine IMO. It really helps the solo play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd like to see something along these lines for Moonstalker Cost 4: Summons Pack Wolf with haste. In the end of the turn it dies.

With this you can have more packs than a darkclaw can resulting in increasing your attack power, a free 2 damage at the very least and a way to soften enemy allies health, weapon durabilities and such. Make the new ability give Stealth to the Hero and your Allies till your next turn for a cost of 4 or so.

For Darkclaw i have said that i liked to see a more agressive style. I suggested in the other thread to give him the ability to give shard of power for one turn to a target for 3 or 4 shadow energy. This way you can increase an ally's attack power to take down an enemy, or cast it on an enemy ally to reduce his life points to 1 and kill him with what big teeth.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My biggest concern is the low attack damage of Wulven heroes, what about:

1-Make WBT inmune to weapon destruction?
    2-Give Wulven Heros the Pack Wolf ability: Pack Wolf gains +1 attack for every other Pack Wolf in play, included Hero
    3-New weapon, Claws 1 damage, can stack with WBT
    4-A new ability that can cause Bleeding, 1dmg per turn to ally or enemy hero (or maybe WBT can cause bleeding 1 damage per turn using 1 SE)
    5-For Rabid Bite, the ally stays exhausted for one more turn or have -1 attack until the next turn, this because the ally was infected and need time to recuperate
    6-Full Moon: You allies have +2 attack +1 health and your Hero takes no damage until the start of your next turn. OR Hero and allies have +2 attack and your Hero takes no damage until the start of your next turn.
    7-Lone Wolf : Ongoing: If you have no allies in play at the start of your turn, your Hero heals 2 damage, draw a card.

that for now.
    Last edited by nonexist; 06-19-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I ve found early the same problem against Aeon, so, there is 2 ways to deal with him changing current Wulven abilities:

1 - Make 'Now youre mine' says: "Causes 3 damage to an enemy target. If the target is an ally with cost 3 os less, its destroyed.

2 - Make 'Captured pray' says: " Target ally cannot attack, defend or use its abilities". (maybe raising the cost of this card should be necessary, but you could eliminate Aeon Treat and keep your strategy againt the other allys).

Obviously, 'Captured pray' or 'Rabid Bite' is almost useless against Jericho, so, instead of Nerfing him, i think a better solution is find a way to make Wulven cards undispelable (maybe undestroyable, in case of itens).

A good thing to do with 'Rabid Bite', is let the enemy ally attack the own Hero too, so this way, its viable to use RB when theres only 1 enemy ally in play and this an another way to cause damage to oposing Hero (seen that Wulven has none).

And about solo Decks, ive already posted some ideas what i think would ve very viable... Im CTRL C + CTRL V here if there is not any problem...

I think i could win, or have a close match if i had those cards below... =)

"
    Wulven Abilities

Im really liking to play with Wulven, and i think something is missing to make them really competitive. Moonstalker was on the way for a little time, but he was cought by Nerf Bat too soon...

So, im suggesting these cards below and i want your oppinion about them. Please, tell me if it is or it is not viable, suggest costs or names alteration, anything you think necessary...

_______

Name: Infected Bite
    Casting cost: 3
    Card Type: Wulven Ability
    Effect: Attach it to a ‘What big teeth’ copy. Targets damaged by your weapon suffers 1 damage per turn.
    Flavor text: "You will die at the end… slowly…”

Name: Sharp Claws
    Ongoing: Your Hero causes +1 mellee damage with weapons.
    Flavor text: “ Don’t scream. ill be fast. “

Name: Mutation
    Effect: Until the end of your next turn, your Hero causes double damage when attacking
    Flavor text: “???”

Why these cards: I would like to see a Hero based deck for Wulvens, so i think these cards would be great.

Name: Howl of Calling
    Casting cost: 1
    Card Type: Wulven Item
    Effect: 2- Cast a Pack Wolf from your deck or your graveyard as if it were on your hand paying all costs.
    falvor text: "???????"

Why this card: I would love see this card on game, since it could reinforce the idea of a no allies (or few) deck, having only the Pack Wolves as a support, at the same time it will give some draw engine combinating it with ‘Wrath of the Forest’, letting you free to abuse of your Hero buffs to win.

Name: Prowl
    Casting cost: 2
    Effect: Your Allies cannot be attacked until the start of your next turn.

Why this card: This card is just an option for those who likes to play with an allies based deck, since Moonstalker was nerfed to the ground.

Name: Ferocious Inspiration
    Casting cost: 1
    Effect: Ongoing - Your Hero cannot be dispelled by enemy cards.

Why this card: With Jericho out there, I think this card (or something like this) is absolutely necessary to a Wulven deck, since its very dependent of Hero buffs (principally a solo deck). So there is no way to beat Jericho with him dispelling all your cards, it will be just impossible to win.

"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    We have to remember that in set 1 there's only 1 wulven ability card left. So balance is to come through current cards.

Quote Originally Posted by nonexist View Post
    My biggest concern is the low attack damage of Wulven heroes, what about:

1-Make WBT inmune to weapon destruction?
    2-Give Wulven Heros the Pack Wolf ability: Pack Wolf gains +1 attack for every other Pack Wolf in play, included Hero
    3-New weapon, Claws 1 damage, can stack with WBT
    4-A new ability that can cause Bleeding, 1dmg per turn to ally or enemy hero (or maybe WBT can cause bleeding 1 damage per turn using 1 SE)
    5-For Rabid Bite, the ally stays exhausted for one more turn or have -1 attack until the next turn, this because the ally was infected and need time to recuperate
    6-Full Moon: You allies have +2 attack +1 health and your Hero takes no damage until the start of your next turn. OR Hero and allies have +2 attack and your Hero takes no damage until the start of your next turn.
    7-Lone Wolf : Ongoing: If you have no allies in play at the start of your turn, your Hero heals 2 damage, draw a card.

that for now.
    #1 I don't like.

#2, I've suggested adding an ally that attacks with your hero, combining their attack (but not getting exhausted) it's a good idea.

#3 I like.

#4 not so much.

#5 meh

#6 I like the first variation.

#7 I like.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Feel 4U Drakkon, used 2 play DC to but stop already.

Just want 2 share my thought about wulven class:
    What I dont understand when playing wulven class is why they need WBT Card ? I really dont know what the dev. team thinking when they create these class that they must have WBT to do damage ? They are like wolf or werewolf, of course they already have teeth n claw as shown in the heroes. Its part of them. Its not a made weapon like bow or Throwing Knife or other weapon and armor so you must ADD. Its there already, its part of them.
    Is it not big enough so u need WBT 2 do damage ? or are they not transform yet (still in human form) so they need WBT ? if so then move it 2 human class perhaps ??

WBT Card is no need, change 2 new ability card and wulven should able to do +1 damage each turn (Just my thought).