Tournaments Won

Deck: Bellastalker (1.26).

Core Cards:
    4 Belladona
    4 Wrath of the Forest
    4 Jeweler's Dream
    4 Now you're mine

Strategy:
    Belladonas are good cards, so long as you have enough control to keep them alive. If you can't keep them alive, wrath of the forest lets you draw 2 off of them instead of 1, which makes them some of the best fodder cards in the game. Using Moonstalker's hiding ability, you can hide out and summon allies into a situation where they will get killed (I suggest fire worms and deathbones for this), without losing charges on your wrath of the forest. Belladona ALWAYS gets killed, so you can summon them and not hide. They will kill the Bellas first, allowing you to save shadow energy.
    Moonstalker's hide also lets you avoid having swings of Jeweler's Dream wasted, so you can get the most resources out of it.

The trick to using this combo well is to save your shadow energy on Moonstalker for when you have a wrath of the forest out. If you don't stay ahead on the number of cards that you have, you won't win.

Suggested Cards:
    2+ Lone Wolf
    - With Lone Wolf, you can heal while Moonstalker is hidden and waiting for some good fodder cards to pop up. Also a good early-game sacrifice card.

2 Regeneration
    - Sacrificed against most enemies, but combined with a lone wolf, surviving the very attack-spell oriented Mages like Majiya is not too hard.

2+ Keldor
    - He has some good synergy with Jeweler's Dream.

4 Fire Snake and 4 Bad Santa
    - A fire worm and bad santa can be a great turn 1 and 2 combo to keep your card count going strong. Late game it can get you out of a bind or provide some fodder for the wrath of the forest, or to wear down your opponent's items if he tries to ignore them.
    -- or --
    4 Pack Wolf
    - Has more power than the worms and bad santa combo. Use in smaller decks where you won't need as much drawing power.

2+ Extra Sharp
    - These provide good fodder. Something that can throw this deck off is when an ally is reduced to 0 attack and then ignored. You can't draw off the ally and your lone wolf stops healing. An extra sharp is not only for the early game advantage, it lets you get your 0 attack allies killed. Once they are dead you can draw a card and get lone wolf healing again.

2+ Deathbone
    - A great fodder card to whittle down your opponents while hiding out with a wrath of the forest up, should you lose the advantage.

1 What Big Teeth
    - Just one. Early game, probably sac it. If you reach the late game and both sides are out of cards, it's not too common, but putting on the teeth and having lone wolf up will guarantee you the win in that situation.
    Last edited by Learned Hand; 06-19-2011 at 06:30 AM.
    Proud part of the More Nerfs (aka balancing) movement!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Learned Hand View Post
    4 Fire Worm and 4 Bad Santa
    - A fire worm and bad santa can be a great turn 1 and 2 combo to keep your card count going strong. Late game it can get you out of a bind or provide some fodder for the wrath of the forest, or to wear down your opponent's items if he tries to ignore them.
    it's done, fire snake got nerfed and became a fire worm !!!
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck, tell us how it work, W/L
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm 75% wins with it so far... I also like to use rabid bites, but I thought I would just lay down the basics since people tend to like to modify it from there

I am going to try a version with 4 big teeth and 4 deathbones next, that focuses on having fewer allies in play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Didn't you tried bloodlust instead of extra sharp ? It cost 1 ressources more, but with 2 or 3 allies it can deal more damages.

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentuequi View Post
    Didn't you tried bloodlust instead of extra sharp ? It cost 1 ressources more, but with 2 or 3 allies it can deal more damages.
    I was thinking about doing that The challenge with Moonstalker is that your decks tend to get pretty big. Finding the perfect balance and number of cards to use will take some time, but I think that using Bellas with wrath can help a lot with speeding things along.
    Last edited by Learned Hand; 06-19-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Great concept with Bella+Wrath of the Forest. Never thought of it. Might try it with a Banebow deck.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    Great concept with Bella+Wrath of the Forest. Never thought of it. Might try it with a Banebow deck.
    He would be good with it, I think I'll try that too Being able to clear the way for a Bella is hard, but he might we one of the best at it.

Edit: Also, into the forest would help to keep a wrath of the forest armor effect going for a low cost.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey learned Hand, are you still playing with this deck sometimes? did you ever end up adding the deathbones and teeth?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    sorry for ruinning the party,but at 1.26 isnt aeon autoloss for a wulven deck??