Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Especially since your best strategy for winning with the current set of Rogue cards is an ally *rush*.
    I have said this before but in different words. Just want to say I like the way you stated it a lot more. Haha

(edit) I just lost my first game in a long time and it was from only two but major mistakes....Without these two I probably would of won.
    1-Didn't utilize Lance ability to keep raven up they poped aldon and gave there wounded raven +1 now making my raven 0 atk
    2-Casted two blakes when the enemy had 3 creatures including the woulding raven, only used lance on one of the blakes to keep him alive while stupidly sacrificing the other blake.

This just goes to show you how you have to be on top of your game always to keep the nimble rogue in winning games. Also I admit I didn't let him beat on me and used my thief for a dumb weapon when he had 3 berserkers.....I was out of it I guess rofl Lesson learned though.
    Last edited by Blood Daze; 06-26-2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: first lost in 10 games
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by shannong View Post
    IGG is a good card but it falls into the "not good enough compared to other more important cards" to fit into a 30-card deck. IMO for support cards, Assassination, Reconnaissance, and Stop Thief are more globally useful. Especially since your best strategy for winning with the current set of Rogue cards is an ally *rush*. Dropping several IGGs (to replace the early ones that get item-destroyed) starting at turn 5 is too late to really get a lot of draw advantage working in your favor.

In a 40-card environment, however, I think IGG would be a must-have card in a rogue deck.
    It really depends against ally heavy decks IGG is your best friend. You all you need to do is maintain limited board control (never let your opponent have enough allies to wipe your side and still have allies left over) while you draw about 3 cards per turn (2 from IGG) until they just run out of allies and you can keep dropping them or or three at a time then when your victory is secure kill their hero in one or two turns. The only problem is that IGG is useless against the decks that would cause the most trouble anyway (mages the solo hero decks with lots of crowd control).

On a side note does crimson vest work well with rogue on 1 hand rogues kill many allies quickly to maintain field control but on the other it does not help against low ally direct damage decks which is their main problem right now.
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 06-29-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was having a field day with Lance for the last week, and was expecting a nerf, but people are learning to counter him. Lots of special deliveries and other crap no one ever used are flying around now. Which, honestly, is a good thing because it gets lesser used cards used and means Lance isn't totally OP if a shit deck 100 rank below me can take me (even with good draws on my end).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    as i've said before IGG is your friend stop thief uses 5cc to destroy an already used Gwen-bow(either half way used if she packs rapif fire,or at least 1/4 used).i guess only these and kings pride are worth destroyng.maybe only kings pride worths the 5cc.oh,and since rogue lacks a super duper draw engine then the extra resource is crap (i guess playing stop thief means u do it on turn 5 and ofcourse after that no luxury to play IGG at turn 6.so practicly it is game over and no card engine if u use the stop thief.too little potential to pay 5cc and fill 4 deck slots for that...)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm just going to point out that Lance's ability prevents you from chipping away your opponent's armour/weapon increasing their durability considerably and that since Lance rely's exclusively on ally damage to win a single Snow Sapphire will mean game-over to you.

Regarding Stop,Thief's casting cost most weapons and armour cost five resources anyway, so it's really no big deal. I pack three of them in my Lance deck and I always find use to them. If I get one in my opening hand I'll usually resource it, but I'll keep the second one just in case.
    Last edited by thendless; 07-02-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    when e.g. a Gwen has payed 4 or 5cc for a BDB or SS and already granted 1 or 2 blows paying 5cc is way too much to spend for the remaining weapon.snow sapphire YES that is a hell of a problem when playing against a good majiya.not gravebone,not eladwen,not even nishaven.even if he resets with ability u have your ability to once again reestablish board control.ofcourse no decent warrior carries sapphire so i'll just stick to the mentioned ones.in anyone BUT Majiya spending only the extra allies on slowly eating up the sappire is the way to do it.after all Lance grants the potential to stay long enough alive amd with many allies more than your opponent to eat it up while taking enemy allies out.so it leaves us Majiya and the eternal question of what to do when she plays sapphire.well i guess the same as about VoW,right??!!so u will spend 2 major turns,10cc,and 2 of your FEW cards to destroy these 2 while Majiyas BUNCH of cards while raise up and finally she will overcome u.lets face it,EVERYONE has his weak side against a hero and like anyone else Lance has problem with Majiya.proving that u have to fill 4 deck slots almost only for Majiya is not wise especially since even if u cast them u are already at turn 6 and already topdecking or near that.Majiya+VoW+sapphire kicks Lance WITH OR WITHOUT stop thief.but carrying them in the deck and getting them as new card when u desperately need an ally in that next card is sooo bad 4 your spirit in any case i didnt use them for 30-40 games played with Lance and had quite good results.only dropped from 240 to 227 even as a rookie.then i saw that there are too many majiyas kicking my ass and started Amber again.now i am onMajiya again.knowing your results though with stop thief is wellcome if u care to share

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ps:granting Lance's ability AFTER attack on the weapon is a good way to deal with Gwen.that's how i usually won over them !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by otto7 View Post
    .only dropped from 240 to 227 even as a rookie.then i saw that there are too many majiyas kicking my ass and started Amber again.
    Yea, I went back to Badaruu. I was 230s in all of 1.25, then dropped to 200 playing with the rogues. Lance got me back to 210, but I couldn't get much further with him. I think Lance has potential, but I'll leave it to more experienced deck builders to demonstrate it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by otto7 View Post
    knowing your results though with stop thief is wellcome if u care to share
    I just use them to target key cards that I know will probably show up. I suppose the main targets would be Snow Sapphire and Wizent's Staff but I'll target whatever cripples or delays my opponent. So, no secret here.

I do like it's synergy with Ill-Gotten Gains though and that's probably why I feel inclined to use it. Even if all my opponent is playing is a harmless item destroying it will still grant me a extra card and a extra resource. It's just to good to pass out even though you make good arguments against it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by thendless View Post
    I just use them to target key cards that I know will probably show up. I suppose the main targets would be Snow Sapphire and Wizent's Staff but I'll target whatever cripples or delays my opponent. So, no secret here.

I do like it's synergy with Ill-Gotten Gains though and that's probably why I feel inclined to use it. Even if all my opponent is playing is a harmless item destroying it will still grant me a extra card and a extra resource. It's just to good to pass out even though you make good arguments against it.
    Its always nice to play IGG turn 5 (especially if they have a killable ally on the field) then sac and play stop thief turn 6 especially since even if you don't have a 2 drop ally on hand you have enough in your deck drawing one and immediately playing it is not uncommon.