Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I haven't played this deck for a while but...

I guess the reason why it was/is doing so well without a draw engine is because it's packed with allies so you'll always draw something you can use.

After playing Aeon I'm usually out of cards in my hand. The only way for Majiya to kill him by then is using 2 Fireballs, which she probably won't. After Aeon I'll either draw an ally, thief or bad santa. Bad santa is preferred but an ally can do a lot under the protection of Aeon.

Btw, I removed Assassination and Reconnaissance and added 1 Aeon, 2 Ravens and 1 Thief. The only support cards I have now are Bad Santa and Stop, thief!
    I'm thinking of removing some Nightshades and add more Ravens since they can survive Supernova. And also, I might replace the Bad Santas with Reconnaissance because I rarely get to use Bad Santa.

Yes, the deck is flawed and can be countered but that's true for all decks.
    It needs some tweaking for sure but I got bored of the monotonous playstyle so I put Lance on the shelf for a while =P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm thinking of removing some Nightshades and add more Ravens since they can survive Supernova.
    Well said sir, I may go 2/2 on that thanks. I have tweaked this deck some bit, with basically the same core. It works quite well once you round it off a bit.
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This revised deck is doing well so far:

1 Lance

4 Blake
    4 Jasmine
    4 Aldon
    4 Raven
    4 Aeon
    2 Nightshade

3 Stop, thief!
    4 Reconnaissance

6 wins against 2 Amber, Ter Adun, Eladwen, Lance and Moonstalker.
    One of the Ambers had a rating of 263! I can't remember the last time I was up against someone with such a high rating.
    Most are around 180 or my rating: 220-230.

Jasmine's ability is pretty much all the support I need.
    Once the Aeon combo is in effect I can pretty much take down any incoming ally. Maybe I've had a lucky streak. I'll play some more and see how it goes.

Edit: Another win against Jericho and my first loss against Nishaven. He went first and got a Puwen + Aldon combo. I only had Nightshade so I couldn't kill anything. I played Jasmine and he Fireballed her. I was struggling but I managed to even things out a bit. I was poisoned and had 2 life left. I played Reconnaissance and saw he only had a Snow Sapphire, I still had a Stop, thief!. If he had played it I would've won because he had 11 life left and I had 1 Jasmine, 1 Aeon and 1 Aldon. But he drew a Supernova and that was the end of me.
    Last edited by Ness; 06-23-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Edit: Another win against Jericho and my first loss against Nishaven. He went first and got a Puwen + Aldon combo. I only had Nightshade so I couldn't kill anything. I played Jasmine and he Fireballed her. I was struggling but I managed to even things out a bit. I was poisoned and had 2 life left. I played Reconnaissance and saw he only had a Snow Sapphire, I still had a Stop, thief!. If he had played it I would've won because he had 11 life left and I had 1 Jasmine, 1 Aeon and 1 Aldon. But he drew a Supernova and that was the end of me.
    Damn GG, I learned the hard way you must have at least 2 jasmines in a lance deck... Love my build though I think it's about perfected....Will post when i get 5+ win streak so far 3 games str8. ((Just to explain how my 4 Lay low went))... It isn't worth it at all because you get 2 turns where you cant attack while they get one... It seemed like the only counter to mage, I now know the only counter is to kill him asap. Also I always sacrifice nightshades against a mage, then again I still use 4 in my deck.
    Last edited by Blood Daze; 06-23-2011 at 08:30 PM.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    1 Lance

4 Blake
    4 Jasmine
    4 Aldon
    4 Nightshade
    3 Aeon

2 Stop, thief!
    2 Assassination
    2 Reconnaissance
    4 Bad Santa

I've had much success with this deck lately.
    The strategy is to obtain early board control using a combo of Blake/Nightshade + Aldon. Blake can be kept alive during the early turns using Lance's ability.

If no Aldon turns up by turn 3 then Jasmine can be played and keep foes at bay using her ability on turn 4, the remaining 2 resources can be spent on another ally or Bad Santa. Hopefully Aldon turns up soon and the party can begin.

By turn 6 you should play Aeon and Lance's ability can be directed towards him. Even if the combo is less useful after the change it's still a great way to keep Aeon alive so he can do the same for your weaker allies.

I've lost once to a Majiya player who wiped out my early army with spells and then cast Behemoth on turn 5 and 6. After that it was downhill since not even Aeon can withstand two plasma bolts. I'm still trying to figure out which cards would've helped me at that point. I'm thinking if I had Lay Low and an ally I could have stalled and then assassinate on the next turn.
    But maybe two Behemoths is too much for a hero without a board wiping card...?
    Erm, I might have been that Majiya Player. :-)
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 06-23-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Daze View Post
    Damn GG, I learned the hard way you must have at least 2 jasmines in a lance deck... Love my build though I think it's about perfected....Will post when i get 5+ win streak so far 3 games str8. ((Just to explain how my 4 Lay low went))... It isn't worth it at all because you get 2 turns where you cant attack while they get one... It seemed like the only counter to mage, I now know the only counter is to kill him asap. Also I always sacrifice nightshades against a mage, then again I still use 4 in my deck.

duhhh
    emmmm...
    why not vast it AFTER your attack and with already exhausted allies so that u ALSO get only 1 turn of no attack???????????????

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vast it?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Playing Lance is really frustrating because you get the distinct feeling that he really has a great potential but Majiya just trumps all over him. And since most players are playing Majiya...it stops being fun after a while. Still, Lance does really well against Warriors, Priests and even Hunters (though less so) so here's my 30 card decklist for anyone who wants to try it out:

Feel free to play it, change it or criticise it as you will. If you have better luck than me against Majiya, please let me know.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm doing fairly well against Majiya with my revised deck. It's probably because I've packed it with 4 Ravens and 4 Aeons. By the time she can use Supernova I can send out Raven/Aeon, hopefully each turn. Since they can withstand a Supernova it will put some pressure on her and she'll have harder time balancing ally control and damaging Lance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can see how your deck can do well against Majiya because of the 4 Ravens and 4 Aeons.

How is card-draw and board control working out for you? You have no Retreat, no Assassinates, no Bazaar and no Bad Santa. Just Recon, and from experience, the card draw from that isn't enough. I would imagine Majiya would be able to burn down your tougher allies faster than you can draw and pump them out to keep the pressure.