4 Jasmine
    4 Aldon
    4 Nightshade
    3 Aeon

2 Stop, thief!
    2 Assassination
    2 Reconnaissance
    4 Bad Santa

I've had much success with this deck lately.
    The strategy is to obtain early board control using a combo of Blake/Nightshade + Aldon. Blake can be kept alive during the early turns using Lance's ability.

If no Aldon turns up by turn 3 then Jasmine can be played and keep foes at bay using her ability on turn 4, the remaining 2 resources can be spent on another ally or Bad Santa. Hopefully Aldon turns up soon and the party can begin.

By turn 6 you should play Aeon and Lance's ability can be directed towards him. Even if the combo is less useful after the change it's still a great way to keep Aeon alive so he can do the same for your weaker allies.

I've lost once to a Majiya player who wiped out my early army with spells and then cast Behemoth on turn 5 and 6. After that it was downhill since not even Aeon can withstand two plasma bolts. I'm still trying to figure out which cards would've helped me at that point. I'm thinking if I had Lay Low and an ally I could have stalled and then assassinate on the next turn.
    But maybe two Behemoths is too much for a hero without a board wiping card...?

Edit:

Revised and current deck:

1 Lance

4 Blake
    2 Puwen
    4 Jasmine
    4 Aldon
    4 Raven
    4 Aeon

3 Stop, thief!
    4 Reconnaissance

The more I played the more I realized I never used Assassination and barely found time to use Bad Santa unless I was lucky enough to draw it after turn 6. This revised deck plays much like the old one. I usually stop at 6 resources because that's what I need to play Aeon. After that just play whatever card you get. Reconnaissance is nice to draw because it can be combined with a 2 or 3 cc ally if you get one.
    Last edited by Ness; 06-28-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Where is Puwen?

You don't need 4 Bad Santa in a 30 card deck.

If Aldon doesn't arrive by turn 3, you are missing out on only 1 extra attack per ally. Not the end of the world. I would add some Retreat to bounce back those big uglies and more Assassination.
    Last edited by Gondorian; 06-18-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah, yes, Retreat. The one popular I always seem to overlook...

Puwen is out because he's too weak to be of use early on. Blake is more fragile but he can be kept alive for a while with Lance's ability.

The most appealing aspect of Aldon is that he makes it possible for Blake to single-handedly take down most 3 cc allies (except for Gargoyle). That's why I want him out by turn 3.
    If I see no Aldon I might play Nightshade if I go first since Nightshade+Jasmine can take down most 3 cc allies as well.

I reckon 4 Bad Santas are a bit excessive. But to be honest I've never even used Assassination. Early on there's usually no time to play Bad Santa if the opponent keeps sending out allies each turn. By the time I cast Aeon I'm usually out of cards and that's when I need to draw a Bad Santa as fast as possible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First of all Ness I love you.... I quit because i wanted to play rogue. Now rogue is here and I based my deck of yours. Only thing i changed is this.
    2 Aldons
    4 assassination
    2 Retreat
    2 Bad Santa
    Still thinking of tweaking with less assassinations and maybe 1 less Aeon... Aeon only because I don't fully understand the hype of using Lance's ability on him. If you could explain i would appreciate it...So far all I hear is if you use it on Aeon they can only attack every other turn or something around those lines...?
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Aeon's "protect" ability shelters all your other allies from any kind of damage. Usually people get rid of Aeon by hurling allies against him but Lance's ability prevents that. So, the only possible ways of getting rid of Aeon while he is under Lance's effect are:

- multiple direct damage spells (two Fireballs for example) ;
    - Elemental's Mind Control ;
    - Rogue's Assassination ;
    - Cleric's Tidal Wave ;
    - Retreat.

This lock makes Lance a very strong contender against Warriors in general providing you are able to maintain board presence. Mind you your opponent will concentrate in hitting your Hero while the lock is on and that's were I think Ness's deck list lacks. It needs to recover or reduce that damage somehow.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yea I think i just found that out... What I thought would happen was they had to attack aldon but they couldn't so they wouldn't be able to do anything but spells..... Lame thing is they can still attack your hero which is exactly what i don't want with no real heals or board wipe... Ugh I enjoy the rogue though through thick and thin I will roll lance! Btw thanks for pointing out how its really good against warriors that helps me understand the full effect.

God i hate fighting mages/zaladar....Rogues should take a mage thats how it is on everything.....not this game
    Lay lows are good but the second turn you have you cant attack suxx
    Last edited by Blood Daze; 06-23-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Mage hater

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Mages in general (not just Majiya) are a tough contender because they can easily bypass the "stealth" status making Lance's ability almost worthless. By the time you do get a Aeon you'll probably have no allies on the table, and that's a problem because you need them to maintain board control. Oh, and if your opponent manages to get a Behemoth on the table alone it's game over, since you won't be able to destroy it. You could get lucky and cast a Nightshade+Lay Low and cast a Assassination next turn but that's highly unlikely.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    True that... we either need a better weapon or a board wipe imo... Lance's ability is sub par.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    1 Lance

4 Blake
    4 Jasmine
    4 Aldon
    4 Nightshade
    3 Aeon

2 Stop, thief!
    2 Assassination
    2 Reconnaissance
    4 Bad Santa

I've had much success with this deck lately.
    The strategy is to obtain early board control using a combo of Blake/Nightshade + Aldon. Blake can be kept alive during the early turns using Lance's ability.

If no Aldon turns up by turn 3 then Jasmine can be played and keep foes at bay using her ability on turn 4, the remaining 2 resources can be spent on another ally or Bad Santa. Hopefully Aldon turns up soon and the party can begin.

By turn 6 you should play Aeon and Lance's ability can be directed towards him. Even if the combo is less useful after the change it's still a great way to keep Aeon alive so he can do the same for your weaker allies.

I've lost once to a Majiya player who wiped out my early army with spells and then cast Behemoth on turn 5 and 6. After that it was downhill since not even Aeon can withstand two plasma bolts. I'm still trying to figure out which cards would've helped me at that point. I'm thinking if I had Lay Low and an ally I could have stalled and then assassinate on the next turn.
    But maybe two Behemoths is too much for a hero without a board wiping card...?
    oh cm'on people.lance grants board presence at anytime.his PROBLEMOOOO is draw engine.he is a killing machine but falls back onn cards like gwen.u desperately need 4 reconaissance to grab a card without free giving to your opponent like santa and bazaar do.since u play aeon and if u add raven like i do u should add 1-2 campfire stories to replenish after majiya burns your big guys and take some cards too.u NEEED those draws caude since all the respected heroes have board wipe cards or abilities,lance can only kill them in late game by constant army presence.really dont care so much abot night shades.they cost too much for whta they add cause really any opponent wipes them out soon and they cant even wear a weapon out.do yourself a favor and add 2-3 mugged .u will need them in majiya battles after the lady swipes your army using all here firepower.since she uses 1-2 novas for sure u will find that u using 2 mugged leaves her with -14 and your hero takes 6 bonus health.it is quite easy to deal 12 damage to her with 1 blake and one jasmine out with stealth from lance and by using reconnaissance!!!aldons are good but not at 4.since they cant coexist u will find yourself many times carrying 2 cards and 1 beeing aldon with another aldon inside,so inevitable sack.stop thief is no use.costs too much and u dont have the draw machine to benefit from +1 resource.much burden to carry them only for gwen who usually has rapid fire so u play 5cc to wipeout a 2uses-left weapon.just my thoughts,hope they helped !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have taken out my bad santas for one of thoes reasonsm, I dont want to give them cards... I find myself in the same boat as my opponent and not wanting to use it because of that... I use a few reconaissance works well and nice to see hostile cards.
    Last edited by Blood Daze; 06-23-2011 at 04:22 PM.