Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    See I prefer gb to lance, maybe I need to get on it a bit more.

He lacks draw, direct damage, weapons, and his heal is weak in comparison. 4cc for 3hp, I'd rather heal 5 and screw the damage to their hero. Stop Thief I can get by with, just, 5cc is expensive though, but I feel 4 would be too cheap, Recon is my new favorite card, the ability to see their hand is nice, the +1 attack is really useful, and the draw is a bonus. Assassin Training is meh, if stealth protected against bun, it'd all work.

Ok, so I'm gonna go retry the hero....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOG View Post
    See I prefer gb to lance, maybe I need to get on it a bit more.

He lacks draw, direct damage, weapons, and his heal is weak in comparison. 4cc for 3hp, I'd rather heal 5 and screw the damage to their hero. Stop Thief I can get by with, just, 5cc is expensive though, but I feel 4 would be too cheap, Recon is my new favorite card, the ability to see their hand is nice, the +1 attack is really useful, and the draw is a bonus. Assassin Training is meh, if stealth protected against bun, it'd all work.

Ok, so I'm gonna go retry the hero....
    The thing about Lance is that he can offset the disadvantages of going 2nd much better than Gravebone. I find he's much more consistent in terms of gameplay.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by drmayo View Post

*pats back* ah well. At least I'm getting better results against Majiya with this compared to Killtrend's Gravebella deck. One word: Aeon.
    Yea, Aeon shines against Majiya now, expecially against the Majiyas that for some some weird reason like to use Arcane bursts.

The thing about Lance is that he can offset the disadvantages of going 2nd much better than Gravebone. I find he's much more consistent in terms of gameplay.
    That's what I thought while playing him too, and blake is much better on this deck, because you dont have to fear 1/x drops and since almost all card removal give 3 damage, they have the same lasting time against direct damage decks.

I still don't like Reconnaissance very much, against Majiya and DD decks I always do my moves picturing a situation where they have fireball, Lightining Strike and supernova if it's late in the game.

If you look your opponent hand, he dont have any of those and you do your play based on that, he still have big chances to buy it in the next turn (+ 3 cards) and it will screw your game.

Are you using reconnaissance for the damage or usually it is just about see the opponent cards?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Mainly damage and draw. But seeing their hand is nice, except in the last game I played, when he had 2 novas, 3 fireballs and a lightning, I typed gg and waited to die.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    Yea, Aeon shines against Majiya now, expecially against the Majiyas that for some some weird reason like to use Arcane bursts.

That's what I thought while playing him too, and blake is much better on this deck, because you dont have to fear 1/x drops and since almost all card removal give 3 damage, they have the same lasting time against direct damage decks.

I still don't like Reconnaissance very much, against Majiya and DD decks I always do my moves picturing a situation where they have fireball, Lightining Strike and supernova if it's late in the game.

If you look your opponent hand, he dont have any of those and you do your play based on that, he still have big chances to buy it in the next turn (+ 3 cards) and it will screw your game.

Are you using reconnaissance for the damage or usually it is just about see the opponent cards?
    I generally try and use it so I can take advantage of all its uses. I never use it for scouting exclusively.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lost against a 60-card Nishaven deck (I know right). Considering the idea of scrapping the 'weenie' plan and adding in some Ravens while taking out some cards I didn't feel I used enough to be that useful in my games. Will test a new deck to see how that works out.

Self notes:
    After some testing, I conclude that the initial 33-card build had a hard time against popular decks that involved burn/board-wipes. Nishaven is especially difficult due to him having 2 ways to clearing the board of weenies (Supernova and hero ability). The deck seems to have no problem against decks without board-clears and direct-damage cards, and it could be said that it's a near-guaranteed win (speaking from experience; I made some major mistakes in these games and they were still one-sided in my favour). I will be focusing on 'buffing' the burn-strategy counter aspect of my deck at the expense of the 'everything else' counter aspect of my deck.
    Last edited by drmayo; 06-19-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Was using the 33-card deck variation, and went 2-0, both against Zhanna.

The first game was up against a plague deck strategy. Was an easy win as plague pretty much let me know she won't be using Tidal Wave for a while, allowing me to flood the board with weenies to take the win.

The second game was up against Tidal Wave, which I didn't see coming. It was a much harder game, as I had terrible card draw (first of four Bad Santas came in after I'm more than halfway through my deck). Stop, Thief! was incredibly useful for the King's Pride that came out in that game.

I went first in both games. Still need to test more to see if Blakes are still viable when going second.
    yes that is the main strategy.i guess lay low should include supernovas and tidals...now it is no use most of the time.one could say it helps against hunters and warriors when weapons are out but that isnt exactly true since all the winnies lance carries are anyway vulnerable against a SS or a berserker.in fact i havent tried lay low in my deck cause i mainly play via iphone.i found the same problems as you and in theory i think lay low might work even if it means that u will not cast 1 more ally just to play it...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Revamping my deck to a 30-card one with Retreat to supplement Assassination. Will see how that goes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This build looks good only question is if you often have a recon or aldon you can't use just because you can't use 2 at a time and these sort of decks can deal 10+ per turn once they get going there is just no time to play recons 3 turns in a row or even 2 at times.
    Also you may want to consider dropping a blake and a nightshade for 2 puwens he is not quite as good as either but will survive against turn 1 fire snake turn 2 brutalis while blake won't and he hit twice as hard as nightshade.