Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.26 - Lance Shadowstalker: 'Hit me if you can' deck

This is a completely untested (and as of yet only partially built deck idea that I literally just had). Its built around the theme of playing allies that can avoid taking any damage (except DD; spells and the like).

1x Lance Shadowstalker

4x Nightshade
    4x Puwen
    4x Raven
    2x Aeon

4x Assassination
    4x Stop Thief
    4x Assassins Training
    3x Mugged
    4x Bad Santa
    3x Reinforced Armor
    3x Campfire Stories

40 Cards

So yes the idea is to totally take advantage of both stealth and ambush. This means your allies are basically invincible to everything but direct damage.

Because this deck basically has no unique ability against mages I added Campfire and Mugged to heal both allies and your general if they have been hit hard by various spells.

Not sure how this will work as of yet because it is light on allies and massive on effects and spells and abilities etc. Perhaps reinforced armour will be taken out or cut back and Assassins training may be cut back by 1 as well. This means I could add 2x Puwen or something.

Comments, suggestions, ideas?
    Last edited by 23Kid; 06-18-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I get the distinct feeling from the feel of the cards that Assassination may be nerfed pretty soon.......

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 23Kid View Post
    I get the distinct feeling from the feel of the cards that Assassination may be nerfed pretty soon.......
    What makes you say that?
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cheap cost for an instant kill. When paired with a deck like this that has Allies that can't be hit too easily (if at all) then the drawback of the card is null because being exhausted is neither here nor there. Its a time waster but probably won't tip the scales back in the opponents favour.

Yes just checked. They're cost 3 which means you can stockpile them from around that point in the game and use 'ad nauseam' (until sickness!) to instantly take out Aldon, 'Goyle, Aeon, PB. Any enemy that's a general pain isn't so anymore......
    Last edited by 23Kid; 06-17-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cheap cost for an instant kill. When paired with a deck like this that has Allies that can't be hit too easily (if at all) then the drawback of the card is null because being exhausted is neither here nor there. Its a time waster but probably won't tip the scales back in the opponents favour.

Yes just checked. They're cost 3 which means you can stockpile them from around that point in the game and use 'ad nauseam' (until sickness!) to instantly take out Aldon, 'Goyle, Aeon, PB. Any enemy that's a general pain isn't so anymore......
    I dont think it is that good, I just played against you and you used it like twice, since it is the only creature removal for rogue until now I could just put all my allies down without having to fear a mass removal, so it is not a problem yet.
    Last edited by Giskard; 06-17-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: from OP to good

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    True. That was a pretty horrific match for me. I think another problem is the fact that because an opponent will know they can't hit your allies, they won't which means every single attack they have is going directly against your general (Lance in this case). I think I should take Mugged up to 4.

Another thought on Assassination is that it renders cards like Captured Prey and Crippling Blow as useless because as long as your ally is in play (even with 0 attack) they still count as not exhausted. This means they're basically not useless. You can turn an ally that was previously doing nothing into one that has just effectively taken out whatever card you want.....
    Last edited by 23Kid; 06-17-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    hmm... i like the deck. i am not sure that having 4 Erika's is going to help you much considering how most decks have some sort of direct damage, and you have lance instead of serena. i suggest you take out the 4 Erika's for...

+3 Raven's
    +1 Aeon

OR

+3 Aldon
    +1 Aeon

just my thoughts. i look forward to hearing how this works out. post your results, please.
    Accolades:
    Former Member of The A1 Alliance "Evolution In Theory"
    Season 4 Hall of Fame Top Ranking - Ranked #14 soothslyr1
    Gondoriandotcom Flash Tournament - Winner (Over Portgaz D Ace) Team Juggernaut
    Bluejet24 Crown Tournament - Winner (Over Crispy1313)
    Hatts Pop up Tournament - Winner (Jjsia) A1 Member

Contributions To The Community:
    Priest Tactics Forum
    Ways To Play
    Advanced Strategies [Part: 1]
    Advanced Strategies [Parts: 2 & 3]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes....... Erika or Raven. Not too sure really. Not sold on either one.

I think the thing about Lance's ability is that it only lasts for one turn so Erika is still valid because obviously her ability lasts forever as it were. Raven however disables enemies..... who knows really. And I suppose you could give her ambush and stealth or whatever its called for a turn. It's a real toughie

At the end of the day both are obviously vulnerable to DD but I suppose Raven has more health.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At the end of the day both are obviously vulnerable to DD but I suppose Raven has more health.
    Speaking as someone who plays with mages more than any other kind of deck, I feel that I wouldn't really say Raven is "vulnerable" to DD. She has enough health that she is one of the few cards I truly fear to see coming onto the board. I feel she is generally the better choice, especially since Lance can just give her stealth in sticky situations anyhow.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the advice. As I said before this deck is barely built yet. I've had one sort of test battle with a beta version... against Giskard ^ (above).

Afraid to say it didn't go to well. I had awful draws though. At most point I only had one Erika in play and he kept using distract on me haha. I'll keep you guys posted though and see what happens!