Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wulven Abilities

Im really liking to play with Wulven, and i think something is missing to make them really competitive. Moonstalker was on the way for a little time, but he was cought by Nerf Bat too soon...

So, im suggesting these cards below and i want your oppinion about them. Please, tell me if it is or it is not viable, suggest costs or names alteration, anything you think necessary...

_______

Name: Infected Bite
    Casting cost: 3
    Card Type: Wulven Ability
    Effect: Attach it to a ‘What big teeth’ copy. Targets damaged by your weapon suffers 1 damage per turn.
    Flavor text: "You will die at the end… slowly…”

Name: Sharp Claws
    Ongoing: Your Hero causes +1 mellee damage with weapons.
    Flavor text: “ Don’t scream. ill be fast. “

Name: Mutation
    Effect: Until the end of your next turn, your Hero causes double damage when attacking
    Flavor text: “???”

Why these cards: I would like to see a Hero based deck for Wulvens, so i think these cards would be great.

Name: Howl of Calling
    Casting cost: 1
    Card Type: Wulven Item
    Effect: 2- Cast a Pack Wolf from your deck or your graveyard as if it were on your hand paying all costs.
    falvor text: "???????"

Why this card: I would love see this card on game, since it could reinforce the idea of a no allies (or few) deck, having only the Pack Wolves as a support, at the same time it will give some draw engine combinating it with ‘Wrath of the Forest’, letting you free to abuse of your Hero buffs to win.

Name: Prowl
    Casting cost: 2
    Effect: Your Allies cannot be attacked until the start of your next turn.

Why this card: This card is just an option for those who likes to play with an allies based deck, since Moonstalker was nerfed to the ground.

Name: Ferocious Inspiration
    Casting cost: 1
    Effect: Ongoing - Your Hero cannot be dispelled by enemy cards.

Why this card: With Jericho out there, I think this card (or something like this) is absolutely necessary to a Wulven deck, since its very dependent of Hero buffs (principally a solo deck). So there is no way to beat Jericho with him dispelling all your cards, it will be just impossible to win.

Your comments are welcome...

Last edited by Warrada; 06-17-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here's a few suggestions I made for ROAR's blog a while back concerning Wulven:
    Wulven Warrior
    3/3
    If the Wulven Warrior kills an enemy ally he gets +1/+1 until the start of your next turn.

Wulven Hunter
    2/5
    Select an enemy ally: if the Wulven Hunter does not attack an enemy ally or hero by the start of your next turn, destroy the selected ally.

Wulven Packmaster
    6/4
    Wulven creatures get +1 attack for every enemy ally on the field.

Card Name: Call of the Pack
    Cost: 4 or 5
    Card Effect: Two 3/3 wolf tokens are summoned to the battlefield under your control two turns after you cast this card.

As for your ideas, I like them, especially Howl of Calling and Prowl, I would definitely use them in my deck. Ferocious Inspiration is not good, because it's not so much of a problem that Jerricho can dispel your Speedstrike but that he can dispel Rabid Bite and Captured Prey from his allies. Other than this, I would like to see Infected Bite as a sort of Wulven Mind Control. This would require extensive balancing in terms of card cost, the stats of the ally after he would be under your control, etc., but the current effect would stay the same for the most part except I would add the following text: After the ally dies from the damage inflicted by the card's effect it is then put under your control.
    In game name: Plague12
    "...I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat; I'm just a guy out of nowhere came to be involved in something five-hundreds times bigger than you and me." - Nines Rodriguez, Anarch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have one more

Name: Smelling you
    Ongoing: Hero and allies can target hidden enemies.
    Flavor text: “ Snift snift...there you are! “
    Last edited by nonexist; 06-24-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by nonexist View Post
    I have one more

Name: Smelling you
    Ongoing: Hero and allies can target hidden enemies.
    Flavor text: “ Snift snift...there you are! “
    Wow, this really goes with the Wulven thematic very well....bravo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bump!