Close

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've played ctcg's for the last 14 years, and I know that there is a fine line between useless and broken. Some of you don't seem to get this. Yes, there were better cards in this thread, but most of them were too good or too bad. Not only that, but if the theme of the card doesn't match the theme of the Class, then it won't get picked. I'll just pull some random examples from the thread:

Lightside's Cloak of Blending
    Cost: 3
    Defense: 1
    Durability: 2
    Effect: Your hero cannot be attacked if there are friendly allies on the board.

This is a good card, but there is an issue. If you are playing Vs a Warrior, when you get a creature lead and cast this, then they will not be able to hit you barring 2 Special Deliveries, after which, you can just cast another Cloak of Blending. Plus, you could couple it with Cover of Night. You don't want to create un-win-able situations.

Vehat Oki's Cloak and Dagger
    Cost: 5
    Effect: Your hero defends first before damage is received.
    Def: 3
    Dur: 4

This card is amazing, but it's too amazing. 3 defense is crazy high in a game where most allies have 3 or less attack. Not only that, but if you kill the opponent before they hit you, then the armor takes no damage and doesn't lose durability (at least that's the way I see it).

Vareth's Red Tracker's Hood
    Cost: 4
    Effect: Return two traps from your graveyard to your hand. All traps cost 1 less to play
    Defense : 0
    Durability: 3

With 4 of these in a deck, you now have 12 Death traps. Place this with Banebow and a creature will never hit the board (or at least stay there for long).

P.S. The original name for the Gravedigger's Cloak was the Thief's Cloak, which makes more sense with the picture and flavor text. Unfortunately, I looked through the thread and saw other Thief's (noun) and decided that I had to change the name.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about this?

Name: Cloak of Misdirection
    Cost: 4
    Durability 3
    Effect: Opponents attacks become random between your allies and hero.
    Defense: 1
    Flavor: Sorry, not me.

Looks perfect for hunter or rouge classes not overpowered, nor under. Ohh and it has a name that matches the card...i don't see a grave?
    They have now brought out two extra card armors for hunters/ rouges.

I put thought into this card as in how it can be used...i don't see any thought in the gravediggers cloak?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by yeater42; 03-14-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's really no point in arguing about it.
    Last edited by Spootz; 03-15-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you read the effect wrong. This makes it so when my enemy attacks me and i have this card equipped, there attacks hit a random one of my allies or heros. Basically making it so you must blind fire. It doesn't promote in fighting as "rabid bite" And this card is useless if i have no allies. Its balanced well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    See post #133
    Last edited by Spootz; 03-15-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well than the point about raven makes no sense. I just hope less of these extra card effects are chosen, theres much better offers and it sad hunters just have 2 now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The guy got his entry picked and won. If anything's to change, I'd agree with rebalancing the stats and whatnot but I'll have to disagree with people posting "post-entries" to the name and flavour text. With regards to the name of the card, at first I was a little surprised but it's not impossible for me to imagine it being a gravedigger's cloak.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yup I can imagine that guy creeping about digging the earth.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i could see a name like wood lords cloak. dang i should have suggested that.
    Guild: Marksmen
    Marksmen Logo (Yeah that's right we have our own logo, made by me).
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    Grats to the winner! However that makes 2 pretty gimpy armors needing protection for what would be 1-off effect, especially this. Proly make if cheaper and ads more dura. Why do Ppl think that cards with such abilities need to be limited?
    I need to apologize to the card mechanic creator for the above quoted remark. I seem to have been stoned and hammered all at once when I was reading this card. I thought it was another 1 Dura armor but it is 3 dura. OK NOW it is playable. Hope they fix Night Prowler *crosses fingers*
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.