Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gwenneth Truesight - my build - your thoughts and improvements

Hi guys,
    After playing with Gwen for a quite long time decided to post a deck build with which i've had (at least up to now) quite a bit of success. (as usual having troubles with Elementalis but taking down all Gwen builds).

1x Gwenneth Truesight
    4x Puwen
    2x Blake
    2x Jasmine
    2x Aldon
    2x Raven
    2x Rapid Fire
    2x Death Trap
    4x Retreat
    2x Bazaar
    2x Bad Santa
    2x Night Prowler
    1x Gravedigger's Cloak
    4x Beetle Demon Bow
    4x Soul Seeker

All together 36 cards, I know it is not 30-card build but sometimes have had not enough of abilities to dig resources. Idea is to take a board control with low-cost allies and move to bows with casual ally support on the board (don't use against Elementals). Quite easy in the beginning with support of retreats. Dig resources from low-costs later, having Santa support if in the need otherwise send it to resources as well. Use Prowlers asap not allowing the opponent to create and use his strategy.

Waiting for your thoughts and improvements.
    Thank You

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -4 puwen
    -2 blake
    -2 jasmine
    -2 aldon
    (deck should be more weapon based, imo allies arent too needed)
    2 raven can be substituted for Aeon, up to you, i feel Aeon is better, even as just a meat shield so my bows durability doesnt decrease too fast.
    +5 combination of poison arrow and flaming arrow. 3 of one and 2 of the other (removal)
    -2 death trap (flaming and poison arrows are better imo, because the opponent can determine when you play a death trap)
    -2bazzar
    +2 bad santa (i think its better the bazzar, based off your timing, can be sacrificed, timing is important, try to use when opponent has 4, better when 5 or more cards in hand, give yourself a better advantage with it.)
    - gravediggers cloak (not too important, maybe used in a later game, but the idea is to not to draw on the game too long, hence no need)
    +2 into the forest (again, hide your hero so the full damage with the bow can be used.)
    30 cards in all
    I'm Back.
    WAS part of the A1 Alliance. Pete invite me back if you want! Though I'm not going to be too active soon due to the military.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mithril posted a very weapon-based suggestion. Here is another take:

-2x Blake. Just too fragile now in 1.25
    +2x Jasmine
    +2x Aldon
    -2x Bad Santa. Unlike Mithril, I prefer Bazaar to Bad Santa, though I don't run either in my Gwen deck at the moment.
    -1x Rapid Fire. It's an awesome card at the right time, but that's not often enough for my liking. One is enough, I think.
    -2x Death Trap. I am in agreement with Mithril here - it gives your opponent the choice of which ally it will remove, rather than YOU having the choice.
    -2x Retreat. This card has a huge following, but I am not among that group.
    -1x Night Prowler. When this works, it works big time - but I prefer to run a single copy. The Bazaars should provide you with enough cards.

Other cards that you can consider:

Erica - gives other Gwen decks a serious headache, unless they have the right sort of removal.
    Flaming/Poison Arrows - cheap removal! A hit from a Soul Seeker plus a Flaming Arrow can take out a Raven before she does any actual damage. If you want to use these, go half and half (if you want two, take one of each; if you want four, then two of each etc), so that you can stack them if absolutely necessary (and only then).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey im new to this game and working on a Gwen Deck. Maybe someone take a look on it? That would be fine.

1x Gwen
    3x Jasmin
    3x Puwen
    3x Raven
    3x Aldon
    1x Aeon
    2x Poison Arrow
    2x Flaming Arrow
    3x Rapid Fire
    2x Into the Forest
    2x Retreat
    2x Rain Delay
    1x Bazaar
    2x Bad Santa
    1x Night Prowler
    1x Gravediggers
    4x Beetle Demon Bow
    4x Soul Seeker

40 Cards (I dont know, i like 40 Card Setups more)

Is there something i should change? But, please explain it for dummies

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ziot: definitely drop Rain Delay as it actually gives your opponent the upper hand. (They should seriously change the way this card works)
    I would also recommend getting 2 more Retreats, they will save your ass, trust me. And 2 more Into the Forest shouldn't be a bad idea, godda keep yourself covered. I'd say add 1 more of each arrow, to wean out the weenies. Perhaps drop Jasmine and add more Aeon, Puwen and Raven. Also singletons of the armors for me is pointless, either drop them or add at least 1 each.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    Ziot: definitely drop Rain Delay as it actually gives your opponent the upper hand. (They should seriously change the way this card works)
    I would also recommend getting 2 more Retreats, they will save your ass, trust me. And 2 more Into the Forest shouldn't be a bad idea, godda keep yourself covered. I'd say add 1 more of each arrow, to wean out the weenies. Perhaps drop Jasmine and add more Aeon, Puwen and Raven. Also singletons of the armors for me is pointless, either drop them or add at least 1 each.
    hmm the thought behind Rain Delay was to keep my hero save, while i can attak with her, but i see, Into the Forest do the same .

I just got one Problem I will come over the 40 Card Mark, i dont know what to dropp. I have removed the Jasmins and added 1 Fire and 1 Poison Arrow. Also removed Rain Delay + Aeon to get 2 Retreat + 2 Into the night. Dont know what to do with the armors

Thx for your advice

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziot View Post
    hmm the thought behind Rain Delay was to keep my hero save, while i can attak with her, but i see, Into the Forest do the same .

I just got one Problem I will come over the 40 Card Mark, i dont know what to dropp. I have removed the Jasmins and added 1 Fire and 1 Poison Arrow. Also removed Rain Delay + Aeon to get 2 Retreat + 2 Into the night. Dont know what to do with the armors

Thx for your advice
    Well I would suggest running 2-3 Aeons, now with the new Protector change, to counteract DD spells (Direct Damage). Doesn't save you vs AoE's but yes against any single target spells. Also I personally run 3x of Digger and Prowler. 4x Forest >>>> 4x Delay any day.

As for the 40 card deck: Since 40 will be the norm soon I would call it safe to be a little over 40 if you have to. I ran 42-45 cards during the 30 card env and did somewhat alright. Bad vs noob tube though >< but that's another story.
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    Well I would suggest running 2-3 Aeons, now with the new Protector change, to counteract DD spells (Direct Damage). Doesn't save you vs AoE's but yes against any single target spells. Also I personally run 3x of Digger and Prowler. 4x Forest >>>> 4x Delay any day.

As for the 40 card deck: Since 40 will be the norm soon I would call it safe to be a little over 40 if you have to. I ran 42-45 cards during the 30 card env and did somewhat alright. Bad vs noob tube though >< but that's another story.
    Hmm i don't Know if i understand the Change of protectors right, but they now only Safe the allys an Not the Hero? Abiture question, what are Weenies?

So with Rhode changes i would get a Deck with 46 or 47 Cards depending on how much aeon i Run. Including 2 of Night powlee and gravedigger. Suizid i dropp Some other allys?

(you got Some Space for a beginner in your Guild? )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    There is always space. Pm jiminee for invite. As for new protector, yes it only protects your other allies not you but is going to be especially useful vs dd builds/cards. Weenies are small allies, currently only fire snake and spark and for the purposes of arrows Blake as well. I would say 45-47 in a 40 environment should be fine.