Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You're kidding right? You have bad wolf. You have snakes (which you think you're going to get by turn 1 or 2 in a 60 card deck... Especially when you have a turn two brute) and you picked a hero with zero draw ability besides quite possibly the worst draw card in the game, bazaar.

Majiya has 2 of the 3 best draw abilities in the game, no combos at all and she still won't run bad wolf, or 4 arcanes. Etc. And her decks never go over 40.

Play some of these forumers on the test server and you'll see the error of your ways. By reading your post, you believe you have it right at 60 cards. So more power to you. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Killtrend; 06-16-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Secondly. Lol.

In your own description of cards you use things like "situational" "just ok" "at least it's a good infusion target" and "just another 3/4 for 3"

That should throw up a red flag.

You can still accomplish this 60 card goal with 30-40 by just subtracting a card here or there. I'm not going to go into what to minus, because it would take all day. But I'd start with

-4 snake
    -4 bad wolf
    -2 AoA
    -2 Soul Reaper
    -2 Chimera

There. Now you're at 50 with no noticeable loss to effectiveness yet. You'll rarely see snakes if your run over 40 and brute more then compensates. Also you don't need 4 AoA and 4 Reaper. If you're saying "but I won't see them otherwise" exactly. Your deck is too damn big. Lol.

Considering MC is going to be spot removal you can likely remove two of those too. And 2 discharges. Now your at 46 and I didn't break a sweat.

-1 shriek
    -1 bazaar
    -1 PB

43. Still very effective toward your strategy.
    Last edited by Killtrend; 06-16-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow, Killtrend, that was some painful criticism, but i thank you for it nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    Secondly. Lol.

In your own description of cards you use things like "situational" "just ok" "at least it's a good infusion target" and "just another 3/4 for 3"

That should throw up a red flag.
    The situational cards are really good in their own right, which is at least half of the time. The extra 3/4 for 3 is the best creature i could still add, fitted the curve, and was necessary for having enough creatures (remember this is an ally deck) the infusion targets are all good without infusion once you have board control (and you will)

You can still accomplish this 60 card goal with 30-40 by just subtracting a card here or there. I'm not going to go into what to minus, because it would take all day. But I'd start with

-4 snake
    -4 bad wolf
    -2 AoA
    -2 Soul Reaper
    -2 Chimera

There. Now you're at 50 with no noticeable loss to effectiveness yet. You'll rarely see snakes if your run over 40 and brute more then compensates. Also you don't need 4 AoA and 4 Reaper. If you're saying "but I won't see them otherwise" exactly. Your deck is too damn big. Lol.
    I'm at 52 at the moment. The snakes come up half of the time how to calculate that
    Which is enough. You're probably right in that i could use one less AoA, Energy Discharge and Soul Reaper, so those will go down to 2. You really think Medusil is that much better than Bad Wolf? I run it all the time, and the times the ability is important, are very few... I'm not going to remove any more chimeras, them being very good board control because of their 5 health. Also, i have a sweet ally curve going, and i don't want to break that. now, if there was another 2cc ally, i would gladly trade those snakes, but not being able to lay down a snake and/or brutalis in those important first 2 turns is detrimental to my strategy of board control.

Considering MC is going to be spot removal you can likely remove two of those too. And 2 discharges. Now your at 46 and I didn't break a sweat.

-1 shriek
    -1 bazaar
    -1 PB

43. Still very effective toward your strategy.
    Mind Control is arguably the best card in this deck, no way i'm going to cut it. Bazaar is very much needed against majiya in particular, and mages in general. Without it you'll be staring at an empty hand soon, while theirs are chock full of burn. Shriek is another thing i'm not sure of, some decks really need to have their items burned as quickly as possible, and i guess that is about half of the decks i fight.

All in All good going killtrend, although i don't agree with most you say, i think you have really helped me to improve my deck. Going to edit the first page now, with the changes i made just now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i didnt mean that sarcastic.
    BACK (well, i try )
    Overlord of Darkness

A1:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Padawan-Pete

Marksmen:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....nters-Marksmen

Ingame-Names: CHILLABREAKA = test account and CHLBRK = rating account

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vforvalar View Post
    Wow, Killtrend, that was some painful criticism, but i thank you for it nonetheless
    I'm not known for my sugar coating.

The situational cards are really good in their own right, which is at least half of the time. The extra 3/4 for 3 is the best creature i could still add, fitted the curve, and was necessary for having enough creatures (remember this is an ally deck) the infusion targets are all good without infusion once you have board control (and you will)
    That just means half the time they won't be good. There is no competitive deck you can search on these forums that use bad wolf. Even with the bug that he regenerates the Shard of Power damage, he still isn't used in that build. Just because it's an ally deck, doesn't mean you need 30 allies. 50-60% allies is a heavy ally deck whether it's 30 cards, 40, 60 or 100.

I'm at 52 at the moment. The snakes come up half of the time how to calculate that
    Which is enough. You're probably right in that i could use one less AoA, Energy Discharge and Soul Reaper, so those will go down to 2. You really think Medusil is that much better than Bad Wolf? I run it all the time, and the times the ability is important, are very few... I'm not going to remove any more chimeras, them being very good board control because of their 5 health. Also, i have a sweet ally curve going, and i don't want to break that. now, if there was another 2cc ally, i would gladly trade those snakes, but not being able to lay down a snake and/or brutalis in those important first 2 turns is detrimental to my strategy of board control.

After moving to 40+ cards, snakes lose their flare. Sparks are always better anyway because of their multiplier even late game. If a puwen hits a chimera, you now have a puwen too. And their puwen isn't dead. Chimera is a pretty bad card not infused. Bella is a better fit as she draws a card and I rather play her every time.

Mind Control is arguably the best card in this deck, no way i'm going to cut it. Bazaar is very much needed against majiya in particular, and mages in general. Without it you'll be staring at an empty hand soon, while theirs are chock full of burn. Shriek is another thing i'm not sure of, some decks really need to have their items burned as quickly as possible, and i guess that is about half of the decks i fight.
    I agree, bazaar is needed in Zaladar. I was saying you need to tune your deck that much more in decks without draw. And... Mind Control is being changed to:

5cc
    Target Enemy Ally deals it's damage to your opponent and dies.

Not as useful with 4 anymore.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That just means half the time they won't be good. There is no competitive deck you can search on these forums that use bad wolf. Even with the bug that he regenerates the Shard of Power damage, he still isn't used in that build. Just because it's an ally deck, doesn't mean you need 30 allies. 50-60% allies is a heavy ally deck whether it's 30 cards, 40, 60 or 100.
    Made some changes, check out the first post if you want to see the deck as it is now. Traded the Wolves for Gargoyle+Medusil.

After moving to 40+ cards, snakes lose their flare. Sparks are always better anyway because of their multiplier even late game. If a puwen hits a chimera, you now have a puwen too. And their puwen isn't dead. Chimera is a pretty bad card not infused. Bella is a better fit as she draws a card and I rather play her every time.
    i exchanged a snake for a brutalis, 2 snakes left. i think i wont change them to sparks, as there would only be 2 spartks in the entire deck, not worth it IMHO. I also traded a chimera for a bella

I agree, bazaar is needed in Zaladar. I was saying you need to tune your deck that much more in decks without draw. And... Mind Control is being changed to:

5cc
    Target Enemy Ally deals it's damage to your opponent and dies.

Not as useful with 4 anymore.
    As soon as that change arrives, it's down to 2/3 MC for me...probably 2, seeing as you can't even use the ally's ability...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    While 46 is still high, it's a far cry from 60 cards. Good cuts and keep testing! Changes will come with wins and losses and the changing meta.

Good luck!
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks a lot man, i like your style by the way, honest and direct is the way to go!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dunno...

Why struggeling yourself with a 60-card-deck (which automatically will end in a long game), when many heroes grow stronger in long battles? (ex. ALL Mage Decks)

You can play a 30-card-deck and win fast, so your Opponent won't come into play. Why crippling yourself with that many cards?

(I don't want to offend you, I'm just asking why you're deck is this big )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Well, you asked me if you could look at your deck, so here's my overview...

Killtrend had some very good advice for you, so now you've cut down from 60 cards. However, I'd still edit the deck to chop it down even more.

-2 Snakes
    It's gonna be nigh impossible to get these on your first draw with 46 cards, so cut snakes.

-2 Chimeras
    Kinda weak for 4 cost in Zaladar. And you need to cut down. So out with Chimeras.

-2 Soul Reaper
    Just really, meh. Add Conversion if you wanna heal.

So it's now down to 40 cards. It's in line with standard tournament deck size. I don't really know what else to cut if you want to have such a diverse deck. If you want to get it down to 30, you'll need to turn to ultra-tuned Zaladar. And that is basically:

-3 Bazaar
    -2 AOA
    -1 Shriek
    -1 Plasma Behemoth
    -1 Gargoyle
    -1 Medusil
    -1 Energy Discharge

Also, if you don't want 30 cards, I'd recommend adding Conversion. Life Infusion on a brute+Conversion gives you 9 life saving health points.

So that's my advice. Hope it helped!
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99