Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zaladar ally control

So here i am, Valariz to you who have played me. I finally decided to join the community, and so i'm posting my take on the Zaladar Control Deck. A few pointers first.

1. The strategy is Board Control Wrestling. The few cards that are in here that don't serve this purpose are survival cards, which enable you to wrangle the board back.
    2. No, playing 42 cards does not make my deck suck, i do not need greater probabilities on drawing certain cards because i do not need any card specifically, and neither do i use combinations
    3. I love Ally's, too bad humans get such great ones right?
    4. I have weighed it, and i believe Zaladar is the right choice, sure elementalis dies harder, but against those pesky human allies you need that extra damage.
    5. I obviously don't need Eternal Renewal, Right?

Ill try to explain my choices as i list the cards.

----------ZALADAR----------
    1. 4x Brutalis - Man i love this guy, and i think most Zaladar users agree.
    2. 4x Gargoyle - Ideal combination of tough and mean, survives most spells, and is entirely dependable.
    3. 4x Medusil - Extra Ally in the 3cc slot,bit better that her 3cc brothers (except of course gargoyle), and her ability helps against Aeon/infusion, them being resistant to multiple hits.
    4. 4x Belladonna - A fine piece of meat if i ever saw one, self-replacing, a hefty beatstick once you have control, and a really nice Infusion target.
    5. 2x Chimera - An okay card for the 4-slot. He's got enough toughness, and can sometimes do a lot of damage (especially with Infusion) In that respect, he's kind of like an extra Belladonna
    6. 3x Plasma Behemoth - What's there not to like? it's not as if i'm a weenie deck, i can use the ridiculous control/beat these things give me.

----19/42 Allies ----
    1. 2x Energy Discharge - You remember me talking about those pesky human allies? Well, sometimes you just can't grab control, and that's where these come in really handy.
    2. 1x Soul Reaper - I get a lot of long games, and every time someone thinks they're on the up and up, i pop one of these things, and regularly bounce back to 28 from 10 or so. Remember i have a lot of Allies, and they have to kill them, or they will be killed. This is one of the few cards that don't try to wrestle board control.
    3. 4x Mind Control - The sweetheart of every Elemental user, i would never leave these at home. Needs no further explaining. I hear it's going to get changed, and this deck shall change accordingly once it does...
    4. 3x Life Infusion - Ah, sweet armor! This card is perfect for my board, and often trades 2/1 against mages. Plays nice with Belladonna/Chimera/Behemoth
    5. 3x Shriek of Vengeance - Even this is Board control, although it can be nice to stop their card advantage too...Think Wizent's staff/Research...
    6. 3x Bazaar - This allows me to actually encounter every card, and the opponent is often outdecked before i know it. Another card that doesn't actually grant card control. Recommended for all Zaladar decks.
    7. 3x Bad Santa - Another card drawer, recommended to me, tested, and found usefull.
    8. 2x Armor of Ages - I can't count the times this card has saved my piece of meat. Clearly the best piece of armor in the game IMHO. The third card not trying to wrestle the board.

----21 Spells/Items----
    Total 40 non-hero cards.

Survival Cards: Soul reaper, Armor of Ages
    Utility Cards: Bazaar, Bad Santa and Shriek of Vengeance
    Board Control Wrestlers (Think Allies, Infusion, Energy Discharge, Mindcontrol:
    Cards:28
    If there's interest, i'll write a piece about the tactics too.

Please feel free to post opinions on the deck, keeping in mind the strategy it uses. Also, use arguments, try to convince me and the Internet in general. And i'd very much like it if you told me what you think of this post.

Valar OUt
    Last edited by vforvalar; 06-18-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Testing going 4 medusil, 4 Gargoyle, 1 Bad Wolf (recommended by Killtrend)
    Edit: removed Bad Wolf entirely
    Next edit: Medusil&gargoyles have been tested, and are satisfactorily effective
    Removed the snakes, did the math, simply not worth it (Thanks Reshiram!)
    Testing without the chimeras, down to 42
    Testing one Soul Reaper, 41, (which means 40 without hero, down to an acceptable number, HAHA!)
    playing around with the idea of adding 2 Shards of Power
    Last edited by vforvalar; 06-18-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: updating results

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting, I like that you didn't go for a standard 30 card build. Out of the box thinking definitely gets a +1 from me

+1!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nuff said 60 cards is a very big deck, but if you enjoy and win, it's the aim. Also it give you a lot of differents tactics against all heros. By the way, I prefer my 44 cards zaladar, or my 37 amber.

I recomand you 4 bad santa, when you are with 5 ressources, you can cast it and a 3cc, and the better is when you're with 7 ressources, since you have a lot of cards you'll see a plasma Behemot, or a mind control in your hand more often with them.
    Last edited by kentuequi; 06-15-2011 at 04:05 AM.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ Giskard, how enlightening

@ Wylding, thanks for the props

@ Kentequi, so you would just add them to the pile? I'll test them this afternoon, see how i like them... Thanks for the constructive comment by the way

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To stay with 60 cards, you can take out one brutalis, one energy discharge, one soul reaper, and one... Err.... else, i don't know which card, one you think you can put out of your deck, maybe an armor of age ?
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It reminds me with the fat chic deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fat Zahnna or Zaladar rolling pin ?

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dislike upsetting the probabilities of AoA and Soul reaper and such, and as im already playing 60, i think i can manage sneaking a few bad santa's in. tested it in two games now, i like it! By the way could someone post a link to those other big decks? can't seem to find them...