Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.25 Zalador - Super Buff Domination Deck

A deck designed to win through board control mainly. Taking out opponent allies quickly and cleanly and soaking up damage if playing against a mage who loves those spells! I will update this thread as and when I update the deck, if it generates some interest.

It does NOT depend on super early draws. It does NOT depend on mind control for the win. It just ensures creatures you summon stay in play and keep the enemy hurting.

*Deck has now been edited since first published*

1x Zalador

4x Spark
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Medusil
    2x Plasma Behemoth

4x Life Infusion
    4x Bloodlust
    4x Extra Sharp

2x Shriek Of Vengeance
    4x Mind Control
    3x Conversion
    4x Bad Santa

40 Cards

As you can see this is a very aggressive deck. You want to try and take out enemy allies straight away, in one hit so try and play a card first. If not try and get a Gargoyle in with Life Infusion. Put a world of hurt on their allies and start to dominate slowly but surely with damage buffs if needed.

General Tactics

Ideally it should be played (perfect game):

T1 - Spark
    T2 - Spark / Buff
    T3 - Gargoyle
    T4 - Medusil / Buff (Defensive or offensive; either make that gargoyle last or use it to instantly take out an enemy ally).
    T5 - Plasma Behemoth / Any cost 3 Ally + Buff.
    T6 - Second Plasma Behemoth

You don't need to draw a PB or two but if you do you can definitely dominate because these guys can effectively attack twice. However with a Medusil and a Gargoyle you can take down much harder enemies by first stopping them from defending then attacking. So a turn three lead is possible here. With a good hand you can start dishing out from turn one even!

I would much rather use a buff to make sure an ally survives than play another. Play Life Infusion on those Gargoyles! These guys will just live and live and live. If you can get LF on a PB then again, you should dominate.

Against enemies that like to equip weapons on heros, use Shriek or soak up the uses of the weapon with a Gargoyle. Stop them attacking as quickly as possible. Force them to waste their time by attacking your allies, not Zaladar. Keep them behind.

Use Zaladar's ability only to kill enemy allies in emergencies (Aeon's and the like). Never use if only the hero is present. Just save it up and use it when actually needed badly.

Current Weakness

This deck does suffer against mages that love their spells because obviously then you never know what's going to happen next and so its a lot harder to choose what to play next. It can also suffer against clearout abilities such as 'Nova or Nishaven. In this case you should be ok if you have Life Infusion on, but if you suspect it's coming, just withhold cards and wait. You don't need a ton of cards in play to win, just one or two and then maybe Life Infusion and Extra Sharp. So don't worry.

Improvements

Recently swapped out 2 Plasma Behemoths for 2 more Bad Santas. This deck needed a lot more consistent drawing abilities and hopefully this will help.
    Last edited by 23Kid; 06-14-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You need draw if you want to compete.

Reaper is meh.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will add 2x Bad Santa I think ASAP. Not a massive fan of Bazaar because initial bonus goes to opponent. Belladonna will only help in latter stages so a bit useless.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you're looking for long-term staying power, look for ways to add Mind Control and Conversion. I do this in my Zaladar deck, and it's highly effective, especially combined with Life Infusion

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will check it out sometime.

Bit wary of depending on mind control because of its 5 cost. For that I could summon a near certain game ender or a 3 ally and a buff. If I play mind control yes I get one extra attack and opponent gets one less but after that it's gone and the game just continues with no massive change that I *dont think at the moment* I couldn't have created with a buffed +2 attack or so.

Will try later though and see if it is better than going summoning heavy in latter stages. Remember this is only a 34 card deck. I sort of need 6 more anyway.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually, you'll get 2 attacks off the Mind Control. It's absurdly good. Most players will try to find a way to kill the MC'd creature before you get a second turn with it, so it's an extra attack and a sort of removal spell making them 2-for-1 themselves. I only use 33 cards, but it's worth the slots, imo. As an added bonus, using Conversion allows you to sac off their guy for healing to yourself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Imagine this, if you use conversion.

Mind control raven. Attack. Cripple an ally. Next turn, do it again. Convert. +6 health.

Mind control by itself is a "kill target creature and clone him for yourself"

They really never get sent back.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One of my favorite plays: game against Jericho is going really long, I'm down to 11 HP. He's got Puwen and drops Aeon Stormcaller and heals himself or something. My turn - MC Aeon, kill Puwen, Life Infusion Aeon, Convert for +12 HP. That is just totally worth it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    4 Mind Controls are a must. A few Conversions are also good to eat their ally before they get it back. Soul Reaper is meh. You want a few bad santas for deck acceleration. Looks pretty good otherwise. I haven't really seen one of these decks in a long time. I miss the days of Life Infused Chimera.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    One of my favorite plays: game against Jericho is going really long, I'm down to 11 HP. He's got Puwen and drops Aeon Stormcaller and heals himself or something. My turn - MC Aeon, kill Puwen, Life Infusion Aeon, Convert for +12 HP. That is just totally worth it.
    Lol. I can imagine his frustration.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99