Nice chart Matt. Lol.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    Nice chart Matt. Lol.
    Why thank you kind sir. It took many late nights and coffees, and quite a few re-works to get it to that standard.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think i've just about given up on kyle. he did a great job early on with the game, but now it lacks updates and releasing new cards. The excuse is said to be "waiting on the artwork" but that's a pretty sad excuse imo. kyle is a businessman, and he made this game in the first place to make profit. he's keeping expenses low by not investing time/money to rework the servers to make it more secure against cheating. while he waits for the artist within his "budget" to make card art, he's working on numerous other games.

i thought this game had a really good shot at being solid, but at the moment it seems to lack the dedication and drive the make the game amazing. hopefully the game will flip and start producing new cards and such at a quick rate, but until that happens the game will just get boring and die.

please understand i am writing this in hopes that the game picks up again.
    Zhanna 135-1 Deck
    Member of A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOG View Post
    I Think you'll agree that this high quality piece of work will aid in the design of any game, not just this one.

Behold:
    While that might be a good flowchart to follow, I have uncovered through extensive research that Kyle follows this one:

Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke

Let it be known that Majiya is my favorite hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Lol.

Us kids can be cruel sometimes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Think I'd only play if I could use the old school cards... Alpha through maybe 4th edition. Thought the game was more fun back then.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    While that might be a good flowchart to follow, I have uncovered through extensive research that Kyle follows this one:

Funniest shit ever.

At any rate, bashing Kyle and his team is only fun for so long. When the forums stop lighting up with relevant threads and questions, and start lighting up with personal attacks... You have to rethink your strategy.

The addition of Calmdown has done near nothing for this game. Kyle is either ignoring him (likely) or calmdown is making terrible decisions.

So tired of hearing the card art line. It's bullshit. How many 1.xx does a game with half a set need?? And wasn't the art already made? He just bought rights to it?

Release the set into the wild. Tune on the fly. When it's balanced hold tournaments while you plan set 2. This should be a 3 month process. A month to design a set, a month to buy card art and a month to balance and test.

Instead we have game swinging changes to cards mid "Official" tourney, broken heroes, bugs in cards that were "fixed" once (mind control), and a half set of one sided cards (no counters) with barely enough *combos* to shake a stick at.

And that's if you believe Aldon+puwen, Rapid Fire+SS and Conversion+mind control are combos.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post

Release the set into the wild. Tune on the fly. When it's balanced hold tournaments while you plan set 2. This should be a 3 month process. A month to design a set, a month to buy card art and a month to balance and test.
    Wait! There is a horrible flaw in this logic. How do you design cards without having their artwork!?! What are you going to have a card creation's contest with?

In all fairness, I think Kyle has gift for getting games off the ground but seems to be struggling with the long term vision and focus needed to take the next step. What he really needs is to hire someone or better yet a couple people that do have the vision and the stick-to-itiveness to help him.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Anyone can start a business. You don't get brownie points for creating some cards and getting a few decent coders together.

Staying power is what you need.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This being my first TCG I can't compare to Magic etc., but it seems crystal clear that what this kind of game needs is a steady flow of cards to keep things alive, this is a type of game that needs to grow and grow. I am really impressed so far, being glad I caught the game this early on, and I want it to stay for years and years, but this needs dedication and focus. Reading that theyre releasing another card game now aswell, while this still needs much more work could mean trouble. Or it could just be paranoia.

I want this to succeed... I can't play MTG... I wouldnt know where to sgart. And it's not really online, another reason SE could endure.

Lmao@ the charter "do you care" haha

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Agerkvist; 06-14-2011 at 06:02 PM.