Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    The analysis of Gwen's weaknesses is a little off, imo. Reliance on bows isn't her weak point (and if she could draw more cards, things like Shrieking her bows wouldn't even slow her down). It's her lack of item destruction. As mentioned, Snow Sapphire and Armor of Ages completely shut her down with no good recourse.
    agree shirek is not a good card. 2 card = 1 card, it should have but it not a good card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    Boris is the most balanced hero in the game.

Pros:
    Gets advantage of the best draw engine in the game. Powerful ability can really disrupt an opponent's game plan. Plenty of ways to get board control, such as Valiant Defender, Crippling Blow and Retreat. Ally rush is extremely powerful.

Cons:
    Gets slain by Jericho. Against burn decks, it's an uphill battle for the board. Has no board wipe. Item destruction is also limited to just weapons and armour. A well placed Plasma Behemoth ends the game for him.
    if Boris is a balance hero, Jericho is OP. Yes, something need do to Jericho.
    Boris can count majiya if enrage add and some card draw,no BF.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hunter's biggest fallback is no item removal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice thread.

I have a question, why Wulvens are never mentioned in threads? Only the one for changing Darkclaw ability.

I'm just a casual player who really like this game.
    Last edited by nonexist; 06-13-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Wulven are the white elephant. They have been for ages. They are the forgotten hero of Shadow Era. Once they get the support they need, they will easily become tier 1, it just seems that no-one wants to provide that support.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I did a little write up on heroes and their power levels, of sorts ( and it took me HOURS to find this post. The search engine in the forums needs a buff!). Anyway here it is:

Majyia: Our all favourite undercostly draw engine Majiya and Research. Proposals to remove Research from her will not resolve the issue. She is clearly the all time favorite top dog, in a class all to her own, with the BEST draw and item destruction AND burn in her disposal hands down THE OP hero in 1.25, and I predict 1.26 as well.

Gravebone + Portal, doesn't matter if Portal got nerfed. If ppl aren't using it with him they just don't know how to play around the timer. With that said it is still very strong and he is also undercosted for what he does.

Enter Lance: Lance + Aeon. Also together with Erika and Valiant defender. How can you allow such ridiculous combos to exist? Besides them not even making sense, as how can you be forced to attack something that isn't there (I assume stealth is the same as invisibility) , it's just another game speed-bump. And there I thought we wanted fast games.

Elementalis: Yet another undercost, overperformer. Even with MC's proposed yet unknown "fix" Ele will still be too good for what he does. Perhaps another cost re-evaluation is all is needed but even then all he does is sac his useless snake and gets 5 life. That is why no one plays Zhanna or not as much because there clearly is a MUCH better alternative.

Amber: She is at least 10x worse now than Gwen EVER was and even currently is. At least Gwen needed 3 cards for her combo. With Aimed Shot no longer stack-able she got fixed to be fair and balanced. Now with Amber's new ability, which I believe should be changed to something else to have a wider variety of abilities because clearly competing hero abilities make others obsolete, and Dual Wield (which is >>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Rapid Fire EVER will be) and Mournblade, which I believe should be redesigned to only grow with your opponent's ally deaths or even whenever the hero deals damage to an ally, makes her also VERY strong, perhaps too strong. The moment Kyle needed to nerf this weapon it was a clear sign that it is too powerful as it currently is.

Moonstalker: now with his new ability he has clearly become better than Darkclaw. And he also has succeeded him in the lag deck department. I had a few games against him in the test server and i can say that his deck is just built to stall, which is not even remotely fun. I don't feel like spending 20+ minutes facing someone. He was fine was is with his old ability, but I do believe that change was needed but not the way his current ability works. At least I tip my hat to the person who suggested said ability and NOT to lower it to 2SE.

Which brings me to the other extreme spectrum: The heroes that are pretty much useless or at least they aren't the best choice.

Logan: Shit beyond belief. He NEEDS a new ability to make him work. His current one 99% of the time never gets used. Even when you can, from the games however rare they are in which I have faced him, the user prefers to use a spell rather than his ability.

Victor: Clearly the worse Hunter, period. Now with Baduruu's new ability it's clear that even he is now the better and smarter choice to play, what with Shriek in addition to his arsenal and all, something Human allies and mages alike are in desperate need.

Zhanna: As I said, perhaps she isn't THAT bad but who would use her instead of Elementalis, what with MC and his crazy undercostly ability that makes him the equivalent of Darkclaw of 1.23.

In a different category I would put Jericho, in a "power hero" category, however not OP. He is annoying with the, now, only deck that has resource denial but if he were to be returned back to 3SE (don't know why he was adjusted anyway, he was good as is) he would be fine.

Heroes in the Golden Middle:

Gwen: Sure she still has, arguably, one of the best weapons in her arsenal, only rivaled by Amber's Mourblade, but with Aimed Shot out of the picture and her new ability she could now be considered balanced, even though there are still those that believe that she is also OP. She is weapon dependent. Take her weapons away and she is the worse hero.

Serena: Also a balanced, however quite weak hero due to her, yet again, weapon dependence to use her abilities. With that said She is alright in my book in terms of balance and fairness. The only reason ppl play Lance and not her is part due to Aeon combo and because he isn't weapon dependent.

Boris: He is just a well rounded hero. Hats off to Kyle on this one.

Nishaven: See Boris. Also I do believe that his ability, however strong, is situational and sometimes he has to actually use it when it isn't that advantageous.

Banebow: Also a fair and balanced hero. Hunters though NEED draw engine, as EVERY other hero has one means or another to comparably draw. Surprise Attack (useful only when you already have lost the board) and Campfire Stories (suck because of its dependence on ally presence) are NOT draw engines.

Ter: See Boris.

Zaladar: See Ter.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.