Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Disconnect or defeat bug?

...how do you tell the difference?

I just had one against jacky085 that felt like a bug but after the defeat screen it took a while to load the rating drop.

Can one of the ASSes help me? This happens at least once each day - are there still so many cheaters out there or do I need a new ISP / iprik ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Players normally shouldn't have to resort to a new ISP. If you're having disconnection problems, the issue may be the cause of something you're unaware of with the game, a bug, or player exploitation. Currently, players have about 2 minutes to finish their turn. A Zzz icon will appear to notify how much time you have left to finish your move, before you're force forfeited.

Sometimes you'll see a no-WiFi icon instead, this indicates you're not currently connected to the server. In some cases, your device may be connected to the local network and/or to the Internet as well, but you will get the no-WiFi icon if you're not connected to the server. Causes of this include network issues or perhaps a bug.

If you want to report a game, please include your game name, opponent's, time of match, and your time zone. That way we can review that specific game and determine what's happening.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the prompt response.

Game was at c 5pm GMT today.

Pooella Jericho
    Jacky085 gravebone

Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The game's result is showing up as "expired"—which means a player didn't finish their turn in time. Players have about 2 minutes to complete their turn before being forced forfeited. If you lose connection to the server and didn't reconnect and finish your turn in time, this results in an "expire" as well. There are updates planned to include better indicators that will keep players more informed of things like this.

I've also reviewed jacky085's account and I don't see any signs of cheating.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the confirmation. And apologies to jacky085 for the aspersion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    *goes to look up "aspersion"*

Your post was relatively calm—compared to some of the posts I've seen. I would actually appreciate if the reports were that terse and the toned down, haha.