Close

View Poll Results: Rating decay necessary?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yeah!

14 46.67%
  • No, not really.

8 26.67%
  • Doesn't matter to me, regardless. I play for fun.

5 16.67%
  • Worry about more important things, like getting back the bike from N3rd.

3 10.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rating Decay?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 for reting decay.

@BDK16 rating decay wouldn't apply to you, only to rates higher than a certain amount.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally i use rating system to tell how good my opponent should have been (after ive knacked him/her......ok, so i loose too). I like the idea of a staged decay...over a certain level...but since i've not achieved such lofty heights as >245 then it doesnt matter.

What i would like though, and not sure how feasible, is a rating for each Hero deck. I'll explain. With Boris or Jericho, I'll give anyone a game, and win majority. So would expect the levels of rating i'm currently achieving....BUT, me with my mage deck, or the shadow deck i'm tinkering with and its thanks for the 50xp. My rating should be around the 150 mark......but it shouldnt therefore drag down my Jericho or Boris rating.

Thoughts?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by rumsey View Post
    As far as my opinion, as much as people seem to care about rating, I think it should move to ELO from TrueSkill. In the TrueSkill system (current system) the Top 20 means next to nothing. In an ELO system the Top 20 would be much more relevant. ... For the record, rating decay has no place in a TrueSkill system, so if you are voting for rating decay you may as well just come out and say you want ELO (where rating decay would be mostly irrelevant).
    Exactly. This ties in another debate I was trying to avoid as it's been discussed numerous times before. The current rating system. As is, the rating system needs decay, IMO. As N3rd pointed out, he could have stayed in the top 20 if he had chosen to stop playing. What's the point in that? How is that competitive? If someone plays each day, or even twice a week, whatever, the current system will "Pull" them to the average rating. This would allow all players to be competitive and actually have a ranking system with "real" leaders at the end of the season who put time in to play against others, cheats, bugs, exploits and all. If we have to play through this and be rated appropriately, everyone should. Decay guarantees that people would be active.

Now if you change the current rating system... Would you need decay? Prob not. It would become based more on actual skill, not as much luck as it is currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    For the below response.... you have been banned.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If I had stopped playing after the first two weeks of 1.25 I would be 328. I didn't though so now I yoyo from 240 to 260 which I think is my true rating with my amber deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    If I had stopped playing after the first two weeks of 1.25 I would be 328. I didn't though so now I yoyo from 240 to 260 which I think is my true rating with my amber deck.
    +1 decay should be implemented. If your "good enough" to be high rank then you obviously can dedicate more tine to this game. Just like with ant card game
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<