Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Elemental Ability -Carbon Copy- (Posible replacement for mind control)

Notes:

This card cannot be played if:
    1) There are no allies on the field
    2) You do not have enough resources to cover the casting of this card plus the cost of the card you target.

Credit for image goes to Kyle and the original artist who drew the alien. You know who you are.
    Last edited by Sethor; 06-10-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethor View Post
    For example your opponent's Bad Wolf with Sharpness equipped, both Sharpness cards would be destroyed on the start of your opponent's turn.

On the other hand if you targeted an ally that you controlled with Sharpness both would be destroyed on your following turn.
    If I'm getting your meaning right, it simply mirrors the current attack/hp stats of another ally. It sounds like it would be more fair to have its attack/hp set equal to the base stats of the copied ally. Otherwise there would be discrepancies when they attack each other. You also can't have it add another attached card >_>

Also, it should only cost 1 base, or even just X (the cost of the enemy ally)

If the card copied the abilities of the ally as well… I'm afraid it could be even more broken then mind control. Just the thought of eight 8/8 sparks makes me cringe. Although… if the card doesn't count as having the name of the targeted ally, this would be an excellent card.
    Last edited by Pretty Pretty Princess; 05-31-2011 at 12:23 AM.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Pretty Pretty Princess

I don't understand what you mean by discrepancy. Could you explain please?

And about having add attached cards I don't see why couldn't just add another card. If it's a memory problem the decks could be maxed out at 60 to allow some extra cards to be put there.

On a side note 8 8/8 spark is something I actually want to see at least once. Even if I am on the receiving end of the attack :P
    Last edited by Sethor; 05-31-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @Pretty Pretty Princess

I don't understand what you mean by discrepancy. Could you explain please?
    Well, if it's a real-time mirror, that means it can't take damage unless what it's mirroring is damaged. Take the following (albeit rare) situation:

Elemental vs Human Warrior

The Elemental player draws Crippling Blow due to Transference. The Warrior plays Aeon Stormcaller. The Elemental then uses Carbon Copy, mirroring Aeon, and plays Crippling Blow on the original Aeon. Since the Copy always has stats equal to the original, it has 8 defense. The Warrior player now cannot damage the Copy because in order to do so, the original Aeon would have to take damage - and that is an action only the Elemental player can take. So the Elemental player is now immune to ally and weapon damage.

Basically, the copy could only be destroyed by the original, and if the original were somehow made unable to attack it could present some unusual situations.

And about having add attached cards I don't see why couldn't just add another card. If it's a memory problem the decks could be maxed out at 60 to allow some extra cards to be put there.
    It's not a memory problem, it's the fact there you can't play one card and get two. It's a basic assumption of TCGs. You could just have Carbon Copy take modification into account, rendering extra cards unnecessary.
    Last edited by Pretty Pretty Princess; 05-31-2011 at 01:10 AM.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Pretty Pretty Princess

I could see where that would be a problem. But, I never meant for it to be a "mirror" card. I meant that Carbon Copy becomes a separate but similar card.
    Using your argument, Carbon Copy would be it's own Aeon Stormcaller. So you could attack the -Carbon Copy- Aeon Stormcaller.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    *Card adjusted*

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ok, much clearer. Thank you
    Three more things:

1.) If it cost 5 and you skipped the additional resource payment, it would probably be balanced.

2.) You also might consider changing the card into an elemental ally, or even a shadow ally. I could definitely see a shapeshifter fitting in with the current shadow group. Cost 5 "When ___ enters play, it has attack and hp equal to target ally." You wouldn't get the benefit of additional abilities as the card currently has one and you can't really change that. However, the card would gain an altered stat profile from modifying cards like Life Infusion, Inner Strength, or The King's Pride.

3.) Personally, I think the name could use some extra zip. "carbon copy" makes me think of Xerox D:
    Something like Nemesis, Evil Twin, Shapeshift, or a name befitting such a powerful ally. I'm sure whatever you can come up with will be awesome! ^.^
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome idea!

I would really like to see this card... But I think the cost should be X (equal to cost the target card)
    Fozeiro
    Gravebone fan since 1.23

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now with picture

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    pretty nice try!!