Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Site/forum feedback/suggestions

Any way to get spell check for posts? That would be an awesome addition to an otherwise already great forum.

Or maybe a way to edit thread titles?

Lastly, a new sub-forum created for complaints specifically, and/or one for newer players?

Complaints/comments/suggestions welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    For the below response.... you have been banned.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like your last suggestion about having a subforum just for new players.

Also, it would be nice to have some way to organize threads or subforums for each of the heroes. It would make it easier to find the latest discussions/decklists for everyone and encourage a lot of discussion on each individual hero (rather than just the ones that are "hot" at the moment)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What exactly.. would the new sub-forum for new players entail exactly? I'm not sure what the merit here is.

A complain subforum will just never happen. No company is going to have a section specifically where all players do is go in there to post complains. Think what kind of PR nightmare that would be if people come in and saw all of the negativity in one place. Complaints will go into the Suggestion forum as it traditionally should.

Organization by hero is possible if people tag their threads; which only like a single-digit percentage of people do. So it's just not practical. A more practical suggestion may be to create a subforum for each hero but that'd be alot of subforums though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I realize that would be a whole lot of subforums, but I think it would be worth it. In order to keep the page from getting too large and cluttered, you could create a subforum called "Hero Discussion" which contains a separate subforum for each hero (I believe vBulletin will let you do this). If you look at videogame forums for fighting games, they almost always do this with the 20-30+ characters in the game, and it always helps not only to organize the information, but get people discussing a lot more individual strategies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What exactly.. would the new sub-forum for new players entail exactly? I'm not sure what the merit here is.
    For example, it could contain several of the threads in the game discussion forum. Ie: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....a-successfully or http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Shadow-Era-FAQ. This could allow for a cleaner game discussion forum.

A complain subforum will just never happen. No company is going to have a section specifically where all players do is go in there to post complains. Think what kind of PR nightmare that would be if people come in and saw all of the negativity in one place. Complaints will go into the Suggestion forum as it traditionally should.
    Point taken. Didn't think of it that way.

Honestly, if I could have only one change, it would be to have spell check. I'm fortunate to use my Ipad for my trolling and game play, so it auto corrects most of my errors.
    For the below response.... you have been banned.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @NinjaDucky Yeah, it's I've seen other forums where they have dedicated subforums for each class. I guess this would help alot so I'll run it by SilverFlower later. I pretty skim or skip through the Strategies forum so I haven't given it too much thought ^^.

@Kalland I'll run by new player forum with SilverFlower as well, later.