Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

need help, Ter Adun deck

i'm having problems when playing against Jericho. Especially when Erika with Inner Strength equipped, comes into play.

The deck i use is very similar to Padawan Petes Ter(ror) Adun. (thanks for suggesting this great deck Pete):

Ter Adun

4x Keldor
    4x Gargyole
    2x Chimera
    4x Medusil
    1x Behemoth

1x Enrage
    4x Crippling blow
    4x Blood frenzy

2x Bezerkers
    3x Jewelers Dream
    1x War Banner

Total: 31 cards

Should i add cards like Valiant Defender or Shield Bash or even both into my deck? Or is there cards that you guys think i should replace to help improve my games with Jericho?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    against jericho, crippling blow, enrage and blood frenzy are useless.
    BACK (well, i try )
    Overlord of Darkness

A1:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Padawan-Pete

Marksmen:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....nters-Marksmen

Ingame-Names: CHILLABREAKA = test account and CHLBRK = rating account

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Jericho is about as hard as it gets for Ter Adun. You stand a chance though if you run a few Bellas as an alternative card draw, Valiant Defender instead of Crippling Blow (VD is mandatory anyway when you want to get some use out of Bellas) and have 4 Behemoths as well to hopefully have one ready after each Tidal Wave to reconquer the board (rule of thumb here is to have 8 damage on the board to take out Aeon - for that Behemoth needs support by Brute/Snake (or any one creature really), War Banner or weapons).
    Be careful which items you destroy. If you run weapons in your deck and have some allies on the board you can sometimes remove the staff by wearing it down and keep your ability for Curse, King's Pride or the next staff.

edit: For a 30 card deck lower your 3 drop count to about 8 or 9 (not counting the war banner) to make room. Send chimera back home to Lycia, too.
    Last edited by Sisyphos; 05-26-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You may want to add some direct damage spells/effects in there: i.e. Shield Bash, more Behemoths, etc. Also, you don't need 4 Frenzies and 4 Crippling Blows.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tinginmunasalikod View Post
    Also, you don't need 4 Frenzies
    4 x Frenzy hands down, 30 cards or 40 doesn't matter, you want to play as few games as possible without having drawn one in time.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphos View Post

edit: For a 30 card deck lower your 3 drop count to about 8 or 9 (not counting the war banner) to make room. Send chimera back home to Lycia, too.
    Keep 4 frenzies those are a must
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks for the advice guys, i've decided to try out valiant blow and belladonna and made some minor adjustments to my deck.

now my deck looks like this:

Ter Adun

3x Keldor
    4x Gargyole
    2x Belladonna
    3x Medusil
    3x Behemoth

1x Enrage
    4x Valiant Defender
    4x Blood frenzy

2x Bezerkers
    3x Jewelers Dream
    1x War Banner

Total: 31 cards

i liked the valiant defender and belladonna combo! It is now slightly easier to wrestle board control back.
    Turn 4: Jewelers Dream,(attack for 2 resource),valiant defender
    Turn 5: Belladonna,(attack for 2 resource),drop a 3 creature

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about taking out Enrage to drop your deck down to 30? Against Jericho enrage is useless. And IMO enrage can be useful at certain situations but when I ran a warrior deck before it just became an instant resource. I also tried running berserker with my Ter Adun deck before and it didnt really work for me. Unless your running amber rain were it instantly can hit for three damage you might want to think about taking those out. Maybe add another jeweler's dream then either a behemoth or war banner.
    Last edited by FreezeCheese; 05-28-2011 at 05:41 AM.