Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A Fierce Rain (Amber Rain deck)

This is my Amber Rain deck. I win a few PVP games with it but I cant help but feel it's missing something.

1 x Amber Rain
    2 x Jasmine Rosecult
    4 x Dirk Saber
    3 x Erika Shadowhunter
    2 x Raven Wildheart
    1 x Aidon the Brave
    1 x Aeon Stormcaller
    1 x Valiant Defender
    2 x War Banner
    2 x Smashing Blow
    2 x Enrage
    4 x Warrior Training
    1 x Crippling Blow
    4 x Shield Bash
    1 X Cover of Night
    1 x Retreat
    4 x Special Delivery
    2 x Campfire Stories
    1 x Bazaar
    2 x Bad Santa
    1 x Snow Sapphire
    1 x Violet Thunderstorm
    1 x [Armour] of Ages
    1 x The King's Pride
    1 x Berserker's Edge
    2 x Jeweler's Dream

Total: 48

I've packed my deck with enough copies of powerful cards so that I have the option of having them in my hand ASAP but then also being able to sacrifice them if required. My favourite tactic is to wait 7 turns and then wait for Erika Shadowhunter and a Warrior Training card. By playing a WT on top of Erika Shadowhunter, Erika's Stealth (cannot be attacked) and the WT's protector (all attacks must be directed at the indicated ally) pretty much stop an opponent from using physical attacks. It doesnt work too well against mages as their spells pretty much ignore both benefits but against other warriors it's maddeningly effective (I've actually had people logging out in frustration). Of course, the biggest risks of this plan is a) you have to wait at least seven turns for the opportunity to play the cards and b) if the cards dont show up you need a plan b and fast.
    Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything beats Enchanted Bunny

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wodvamp View Post
    This is my Amber Rain deck. I win a few PVP games with it but I cant help but feel it's missing something.

1 x Amber Rain
    2 x Jasmine Rosecult
    4 x Dirk Saber
    3 x Erika Shadowhunter
    2 x Raven Wildheart
    1 x Aidon the Brave
    1 x Aeon Stormcaller
    1 x Valiant Defender
    2 x War Banner
    2 x Smashing Blow
    2 x Enrage
    4 x Warrior Training
    1 x Crippling Blow
    4 x Shield Bash
    1 X Cover of Night
    1 x Retreat
    4 x Special Delivery
    2 x Campfire Stories
    1 x Bazaar
    2 x Bad Santa
    1 x Snow Sapphire
    1 x Violet Thunderstorm
    1 x [Armour] of Ages
    1 x The King's Pride
    1 x Berserker's Edge
    2 x Jeweler's Dream

Total: 48

I've packed my deck with enough copies of powerful cards so that I have the option of having them in my hand ASAP but then also being able to sacrifice them if required. My favourite tactic is to wait 7 turns and then wait for Erika Shadowhunter and a Warrior Training card. By playing a WT on top of Erika Shadowhunter, Erika's Stealth (cannot be attacked) and the WT's protector (all attacks must be directed at the indicated ally) pretty much stop an opponent from using physical attacks. It doesnt work too well against mages as their spells pretty much ignore both benefits but against other warriors it's maddeningly effective (I've actually had people logging out in frustration). Of course, the biggest risks of this plan is a) you have to wait at least seven turns for the opportunity to play the cards and b) if the cards dont show up you need a plan b and fast.

You have 1 Aldon and 4 special deliveries.... 4 dirks. No puwens. No dual wield and only 3 weapons.

Can I be blunt and honest? Of course I can. That's what I'm known for... This deck looks ineffective. You'll never get the cards you want. And some cards are just all around bad. You need to take out most all of the cards you have one of. Enrage is likely the only thing a warrior uses short of KP that they only include 1 of.
    Last edited by Killtrend; 05-25-2011 at 11:05 PM.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Now THAT'S a mean amber. Take out raven and worthless armors to make way for weapons (Ambers ability. Ehem.). Aeon, retreat and crippling to save durability on your weapons. Puwen/Blake+aldon to lock early game. Win.

-edit- that's so sexy I might build it. Lol
    Last edited by Killtrend; 05-25-2011 at 10:55 PM.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Taking note 40 is very nice for amber. You can go to 45 and add more smashing and maybe shield bashes. I would put in one more frenzy to be damn sure you get it if you go any higher then 40.

You can also minus 1 enrage and roll with just one. To add another smashing or aeon.
    Last edited by Killtrend; 05-25-2011 at 11:01 PM.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looking at your above deck list, I can see what you mean. I have run with my deck but I think I did so by exploiting an oppotunity (and more than a little luck). I think I might try your idea. I added so many armours because I seem to always get into matches against Mages and as soon as the Engulfing Flames/Poison Gas combo is used, I pretty much dont have a chance.
    Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything beats Enchanted Bunny

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Armors don't stop mages, unless they use allies. Then use just use berserker+dual wield+amber and kill them all.

Even if they cast engulfing and poison on turn 4 and 5. That's still 20 turns you can survive by just using enrage. Obviously that's not the only dmg you can do. But with the early allies I gave you, you should be able to throw down chump pressure until "it's smashing time"
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmmm. The deck list you gave certainly seems a lot more effecient. I'll make sure to give it a try. Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looking at your above deck list, I can see what you mean. I have run with my deck but I think I did so by exploiting an oppotunity (and more than a little luck). I think I might try your idea. I added so many armours because I seem to always get into matches against Mages and as soon as the Engulfing Flames/Poison Gas combo is used, I pretty much dont have a chance.
    Not to mention, flames/poison aren't really a staple in burn decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    For the below response.... you have been banned.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    Now THAT'S a mean amber. Take out raven and worthless armors to make way for weapons (Ambers ability. Ehem.). Aeon, retreat and crippling to save durability on your weapons. Puwen/Blake+aldon to lock early game. Win.

-edit- that's so sexy I might build it. Lol
    Much more solid build. Well worth a try run anyway
    D ...always smiling...

Guild: Danny the A1 Dog : Proud member of the A1 alliance - so good that Kyle nerfed us
    Ingame Handle: DRod77
    Running Decks: Wulven (Darkclaw Danger Dog 1.26 40 Card) and Mage (GraveBella Beatdown 1.26 40 Card)