Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wink Almost Non-creatureless Nishaven Deck

Hey guys!!
    I made a deck with the Hero as Nishaven. It is a fun deck to play with and I have been keeping track of the games I have played so far(10). I am thinking about taking the four Puwens out of the deck as I noticed they would slow me down more than anything. Also, I might put in one more Bazaar as in a couple of games, it either got destroyed or I did not draw it and they all ended up being in the bottom 12 cards of my deck. Also, I am thinking about putting in one more Snow Sapphire and one or two Voice of Wonter(VoW) once I get the money for them lol. Let me know what you guys think.

Creature-less Nishaven Deck Stats:
    30 card deck including Hero:
    1 Nishaven
    4 Puwen Bloodhelm
    4 Fireball
    4 Lightning Strike
    2 Supernova
    3 Arcane Burst
    2 Special Delivery
    4 Rainy Day
    3 Bazaar
    1 Poison Gas
    1 Engulfing Flames
    1 Snow Saphire

Game Stats:
    Game:1
    VS: Classic-boy/Zaladar deck
    Rating:CB 209/160^164
    Win/Lose:WIN
    Comments: Won the game with 5 health.
    Game:2
    VS: Firgo/Zaladar deck
    Rating:F 103/164^167
    Win/Lose: WIN
    Comments: Won with 13 health
    Game:3
    VS: Mikegengsta/Eladwen deck
    Rating:M 195/167-165
    Win/Lose: LOSE
    Comments: Lost to him, 6-0 almost won. Did not draw any Bazaar’s.
    Game:4
    VS: Ikao/Majiya deck
    Rating:178/165-164
    Win/Lose:LOSE
    Comments: Played a card wrong. That was my mistake
    Game 5:
    VS: Kisslionheart/Nishaven deck
    Rating:163/164^165
    Win/Lose:WIN
    Comments: Played the deck pretty well. Creature actually helped me out this game.
    Game 6:
    VS: Hockeybum/Amber rain deck
    Rating:222/165-164
    Win/Lose:LOSE
    Comments: Weapon heavy. I tend to lose against weapon decks.
    Game 7:
    VS:Lukeman83/Jericho deck
    Rating:95/164^166
    Win/Lose:Win
    Comments: I played a creature. It just slowed me down as he killed it the turn it came out. He played Rose three times and Aeon once. Rose attacked once, but killed all others same turn.
    Game 8:
    VS: Shiel/Boris deck
    Rating:158/166^168
    Win/Lose:Win
    Comments: Played both pains on him. He also played pain card draw. Won with 6 health remaining. Armor helped me out this game.
    Game 9:
    VS: Goblin11/Nishaven deck
    Rating:109/168-170
    Win/Lose: WIN
    Comments: Played a creature; Slowed me down more than helped. He played a few creatures but I was able to kill them off before they attacked me. He Rage Quitted.
    Game 10:
    VS: Vo Danh/Jericho deck
    Rating: 262/170-168
    Win/Lose: LOSE
    Comments: I lost the game because he played The King’s Pride. He destroyed my Bazaar and He also played two Aeon’s and I killed one of them. One more turn I would have won.

End Result Notes:
    Game Win vs. Loss: 6 vs.4
    I lose versus weapon based decks (Gwenneth). I also have a hard time, but not impossible, beating decks with creatures who have high health. The four creatures in my deck also slow me down more than help me out. They did help me out one game, but that was 1/10 games. I am thinking about switching them out for other cards and possibly making it a fully non-creature deck. It is a fun deck to play because there were times that I felt I was going to lose the game but then I drew the direct damage that I needed.
    Last edited by Joerr Kilnt; 05-25-2011 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Additional words, Word editting

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Id take put the Puwens and go full agro, add in 1 more supernova, 1 arcane burst and try 2 voice of winter to freeze your opponents allies when they enter play
    D ...always smiling...

Guild: Danny the A1 Dog : Proud member of the A1 alliance - so good that Kyle nerfed us
    Ingame Handle: DRod77
    Running Decks: Wulven (Darkclaw Danger Dog 1.26 40 Card) and Mage (GraveBella Beatdown 1.26 40 Card)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    -2 special delivery
    +2 nova
    -4 puwen
    +4 retreat
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    -2 special delivery
    +2 nova
    -4 puwen
    +4 retreat
    -bad
    +good
    BACK (well, i try )
    Overlord of Darkness

A1:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Padawan-Pete

Marksmen:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....nters-Marksmen

Ingame-Names: CHILLABREAKA = test account and CHLBRK = rating account

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. I was thinking bout taking out the Puwens and I did. That was my original plan and thanks for your input. the four novas I had thought about but did not think about the retreat, which I should have. Also to Danny2rod, good idea bout the VoW. I was thinking bout doing that but I do not have the money yet. Lol. Thanks guys!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heya TC, I have a fairly similar deck to this. I would definitely add some Voice of Winters and another Sapphire. I've got two of each in my deck. A good supply of Sapphire's is pretty much the only reason you will be able to beat a good (cheap?) hunter player.

Also, I would ditch the bazaars in favor of some research (I'm running 3 Researches in my deck). While Bazaar seems nice at first, virtually all of your decks cards are pretty good and can be used at anytime (after turn 4, and assuming your not playing a Plague Priest ). Thus, by playing Bazaar, you are really only giving your opponent more of a chance to draw good cards which is the last thing you want to do.

I would also ditch the Rain Delay in favor of a couple of Freeze/Webs/Retreat. Rain Delay doesn't last all that long and really, with the combination of Nishiven's ability/Lightning Strike/Arcane Burst you really shouldn't have much problem removing your opponent's enemies from the board (i.e. no need for Rain Delay). Just use a Freeze on the toughies (i.e. Aeon; Raven) while you give Nishiven a chance to build up his energy.

Also, if you choose to go the ice route (i.e. add some Voice of Winters and Sapphires), I would invest in on more each of Poison Gas and Engulfing Flames. Your opponent is going to be spending a lot of moves frozen and doing nothing, might as well throw some extra DOT in there

Anyways, here's what my deck looks like for comparison:

33 card deck including Hero (as your deck is really full of useful cards and you have Research, you needn't fear going over the 30 card limit :

1 Nishaven
    2 Puwen Bloodhelm
    4 Fireball
    2 Freeze
    2 Clinging Web
    2 Ambush
    4 Lightning Strike
    3 Supernova
    2 Arcane Burst
    3 Research
    2 Poison Gas
    2 Engulfing Flames
    2 Snow Sapphire
    2 Voice of Winter

Have fun!
    Last edited by Ulnarian; 05-27-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Ulnarian,

I like your deck set up. It seems our decks are on a similar route just on different paths. Your deck is more stalling, which I will probably incorporate into my deck with the freezes. It is true, I can control the board pretty well and it does seem like I do have a problem vs creatures such as Aeon and others with big hp. I tried playing with E.F. and P.G. but they seemed to slow my turns down. But maybe after I add in the additional slow, maybe it will work out for me better. But as far as the research, I thought about it and I do not know about that card. I had it in my deck but always found bazaar more helpful as I need the two mana to play anyother spell. I might toy around with that idea though and see how that works out for me. I will get some S.S. and VoW as soon as I stack up on some more gold. lol. Your deck though, you have a hard time beating Hunter decks, no? Anyways, thanks for your feedback. I will let you know how it goes once I update my deck. (I am currently working on a Gravebone deck, which does really well all around other decks including Hunter decks).

-Johnny