Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Competitive PvP Ter Adun Deck

Here's a link to a video of an epic battle I just had with the latest deck I've been testing out. A fun watch for hunters.

http://youtu.be/LPBp2o_laRg (video)

For many weeks I played one of your classic Gwenneth decks with great results. However, I got board and saw that hardly anyone was playing Ter Adun. The challenge was to create a deck that could deal with most all other Heros. So far, I've been able to beat most every Hero (of those being played the most) at least a few times except for Jehrico because the strategy depends on a lot of attachments.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to try out the deck here is the build.

The build out...

HERO:
    Ter Adun

ALLIES:
    2 x Deathbone (to deal with Aldons)
    3 x Plasma Behemoth (always keep when playing Boris)
    3 x Chimera (a mega power house with King's Pride and War Banner on - Blood lust for extra credit!)
    3 x Belladona (mostly as throw aways for Death Traps, Lightning, etc. Card flow!)

ABILITIES:
    2 x Dual Wield (when used with Berserker's Edge)
    1 x War Banner (depends on game play - King's Pride is usually enough)
    2 x Smashing Blow (MUST HAVES for hunters "Smashing Bow" - added to your ability)
    2 x Enrage (Critical to the strategy - this is a game reset in mid game)
    4 x Crippling Blow (Also crticial to the strategy - debilitate the short game!)
    2 x Rampage (just there in case you're doing a hand-to-hand play with Beserker - otherwise toss it )
    2 x Shield Bash (only there because of Aldon)
    3 x Blood Frenzy (MUST HAVE CARD FLOW! - Early on!)
    1 x Blood lust (this one is way FUN when you have King's Pride & War Banner)
    I had a Chimera do +10 damage in one hand, talk about Damage!
    2 x Shadowspawn (Must keep when playing Nishaven or sometimes Eladwen)

ITEMS:
    2 x King's Pride (one of the keys to late game play)
    2 x Berserker's Edge (because sometimes you just have to do it yourself)

Ok, so the strategy goes like this. I was playing a low end deck with 32 cards so all my Crippling Blows would come out (but the above is a 39/40 card - because of resource drain) and I would just seriously debilitate the short game. Most people are playing the short game with Blakes, etc. and Aldon - just stop that action short. This REALLY throws the Hunters and Boris off guard.

In fact, with Boris, it's so fun because you rarely even play any 4 cost cards unless its a Belladona. Man, when Boris is sitting there with a pitiful handful of debilitated players and you whip out 2 Plasma Behemoths it's just great.

So you get your Blood Frenzy on and you stop the card flow of the other player with your ability to destroy target items. You basically stop the short game as much as you can and then bring out the heavy hitters in the mid/late game.

You take a lot of damage, but you treat Enrage as a game reset. Most of the time I've played this, resource counts are right around 5-7 and I shoot right back to an even playing field. You can then move out your higher cost characters and often times after having put on your King's Pride.

One of the biggest challenges with this deck are the mages with a good number of spells. Of course Majiya or any mage with Super Nova sucks!

The one Hero that kicks the crap out of this strategy is Jericho. He can remove all the stuff you need to make the play last.

Hopefully, someone else will find this to be a fun/challenging deck to play out and see if it can be made better!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting video. A couple of comment you shouldn't play Bella against her. Thats free health.

Two enrage is a waste as you noticed. I have never died because my sole enrage didn't showed up

You should try jeweler+keldon and some medusil they speed up the game a lot.

Smashing blow and bloodlust seem like good ideas. But I think you have too little of them. I'll add more If I were you but I'm not convinced of their efficiency.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Keldon+jeweler is way better than deathbone

You have too many one cards that buff war banner or lust. Too many 2 cards rampage and shadowspawn....

Need to focus on less card to get a better draw