Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs up Competitive PvP Gwenneth Deck (Fine Tuning)

Hi all,

After several weeks of heavy play, I've arrived at a Gwenneth Deck that I find extremely successful. I don't have any particular difficulty with any one opponent over another, and I enjoy a very healthy win ratio with this deck, and quite often quick games at that.

That being said, I feel like this could still be tweaked here and there to maximize efficiency, and really master this style of play. My deck is listed below (Hardly original, I realize, but quite effective.) I would greatly appreciate any advice, feedback or tips from you all.

In the mean time, I'm working on my Elementalis deck - Very fun to play, but so far pretty slow, and much more dependent on a good draw!

DECK (30 Cards)
    HERO:
    Gwenneth Truesight
    ALLIES:
    3 x Jasmine Rosecult
    4 x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3 x Aldon the Brave
    ABILITIES:
    2 x Rapid Fire
    4 x Retreat
    ITEMS:
    3 x Night Prowler
    2 x Gravedigger's Cloak
    4 x Soul Seeker
    4 x Beetle Demon Bow

BASIC STRATEGY
    The entire strategy of the deck can be boiled down to:
    1. Stall damage and board control with allies and retreat until I can play a bow.
    2. Play a Bow as soon as possible, and maintain one at all times.
    3. Deal constant damage to maintain board control and weaken opponent.
    4. Buff bow at every opportunity with Rapid Fire and Night Prowler.

The ideal first game would start something like this:
    Turn 1: Resource sac a retreat or ally (or rapid fire if I get 2)
    Turn 2: Resource sac again, play Puwen or Retreat as needed/available.
    Turn 3: " " ", then play Jasmine or Aldon as available.
    Turn 4: Beetle Demon Bow.
    Turn 5: Rapid Fire; transform BDB.
    Turn 6: Soul Seeker
    Turn 7: Night Prowler to really add insult to injury...

- I'll usually transform a BDB after 3 shots unless I'm up against a warr/priest that is really hammering me with item breakers.
    - I'll usually play jasmine over aldon unless there is another ally still alive.
    - I only use Gravediggers if I'm out of, or there are no prowlers in my hand (Even then, I'll play a prowler over a cloak if it comes up.)
    - I will hold onto that second rapid fire if I'm playing Jericho. (I've considered adding a third... sometimes takes too long to come up! Maybe drop a retreat or a cloak?)
    - The followers are only of key importance till I have a solid line of bows set up. Once that is the case, they become an afterthought or resource fodder.
    - For resources, I almost always sacrifice retreat or followers. Maybe the occasional cloak if I get a lot of armors off the bat... would never sac a bow or a prowler (unless it was too late in the game to even matter!)

I think that's about it... please feel free to critique my strategy as well as the deck composition!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Have you played against Majyia using Snow Sapphire? If so how did you fare?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi,
    sometimes I play enclosed list near from yours:

HERO:
    Gwenneth Truesight
    ALLIES:
    4 x Jasmine Rosecult
    4 x Blake windrunner
    4 x Aldon the Brave
    ABILITIES:
    3 x Rapid Fire
    4 x bad santa
    ITEMS:
    2 x Night Prowler
    4 x Soul Seeker
    4 x Beetle Demon Bow

It's quiet efficient of course but quiet boring too, in fact the main idea is aggro, aggro an... aggro.
    With a such deck you will always do the same moves, and you could play the deck alone because of choices are too reduce that's why I played it rarely.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Of course, snow sapphir is not your friend and will put you in trouble many times, but i have ever win lot of games with this card played, just slow down for a moment most of time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @thendless: I've faced only a couple of Snow Sapphires, and they are a pain to be sure. If I recall correctly, I lucked out with having a few allies out to sap up some of the durability, and ended up only getting slowed down by about 1 1/2 turns by this armor. Of course, had there been 2 - 3 behind it, this may have been a real issue.

@juzam83: Yes this deck is very close, and obviously of a similar style. It's true that this is not the most exciting deck to play... which is why I'm building an elemental on the side. I just want to get this to its "ultimate" form so I can well and truly lay this deck to rest until I have some reason to use it to grind!

How does Bad Santa work for you with this deck? I always found that I did better keeping the draws slow... I only really need a few select cards to dominate, and a bad santa could be disastrous against the wrong deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Where have I seen this deck before....Oh yeah. -1 Night Prowler, -1 GC, +2 Aeon/Raven, and there we have a standard Gwenneth deck.
    Part of the No More Nerfs no idea how to do TM's...group.

In-game name is Zack284.

A1! A1! Advanced....1!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Like I said, not too exciting! Not trying to innovate here, just nail the "perfect" hunter deck... It's "standard" because it's successful!

I found Aeon rarely useful... not justifying the cost higher than any of my other cards (Thus requiring his own resource sacs).

Raven, honestly I've never really used.

Personally, I just love a well timed prowler, so that's an easy one to justify... but I could certainly be convinced to drop a GC.

edited for typos.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And your rating with this deck dokzero is .... ?
    Not that it really matters nowadays just asking of curiousity.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiend View Post
    Where have I seen this deck before....Oh yeah. -1 Night Prowler, -1 GC, +2 Aeon/Raven, and there we have a standard Gwenneth deck.
    No No No.... You go here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....truesight+1.25

And there ya have this deck =)
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    No No No.... You go here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....truesight+1.25

And there ya have this deck =)
    Yep same Gwen deck I was essentially playing with when I first started SE, and an exact clone of your deck lol.