Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Majiva Aggro Contro lDeck

This is the deck im currently playing and have been playing since i started. With the new reshuffle I had to grind a bit as i picked the wrong starter. Anyhoo deck is below.

Hero - Majiva

Creatures
    4 Infernal Gargolye
    4 Bad Wolf
    4 Belladonna
    4 Plasma Behemoth
    2 Chimera

Spells and Items

4 Rain Delay
    4 Portal
    4 Fireball
    4 Lightning Strike
    3 Arcane Burst
    2 Supernova

The reason i call it aggro control is that you can use portal and have most of your big creatures become enemy ally removal as well as having lightning strike. arcane burst, fireball etc.

Early game you need a 3 drop such as gargoyle or wolf. something that can survive and hit back at least once and clear out an enemy ally.

Arcane burst and lightning strike are fantastic against all the weenie decks

Because of the card advantage generated you can drop a resource every turn and still have roughly 3- 4 cards in hand. giving you a lot of options against most of the AI Decks. cant wait for the multiplayer to be implemented. as against a human opponent the deck may need to be changed and testing makes it perfect.

Also the reason the deck is 40 cards (39 in deck 1 Hero) is that I find that if you only have cards you want too use you dwindle your strategy a bit. Such as having to ditch a card you wanted to play. hence the additional portals and arcane bursts, and supernovas are all early resource fodder.

Share your own decks and strategys and how you have been getting on with the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi,
    your deck seems very strong against decks dependent on creature damage. Rain delay plus a DPS spell or the Behemoth ability would frustrate the hell out of mass creature decks. One thing I would do (not knowing if its better overall ) is kick out the Gargoyle and put 2xKeldor 2xDeatbone in. Keldor for more DPS potential on the opponents hero and Deatbone to counter supernova type cards. You can let him run in a blade, if you want to play it yourself. On the other Hand there are many 2 health allies which are countered by the Gargoyle, so I see why you use him... I just dont like that card .
    Alright heres my deck looking forward to play against you:
    Plague Deck: 35 cards
    Hero: Jericho Spellbane
    Creatures:
    4x Blake Windrunner
    4x Aldor the Brave
    4x Jasmine Rosecult
    4x Sandra Trueblade
    Other:
    2x Bad Santa
    3x Smite
    4x Inner Strengh
    2x Holy Shield
    1x Resurrection
    2x Ice Storm
    4x Plague

The main goal of this deck is to win the game before the opponent can play 5 cost cards (which include all supernova-spells and more intimidating creatures)
    When drawing good the deck can have a lot of speed: I hope for Blake in turn two and buff him with aldor or inner strengh to get a 4-5 attacker in turn three. turn 4 sandra followed by turn 5 plague leaves the other player without ressources to deal with that. (Unless he plays Nishhaven, then I have to somewhat change my strat and probably loose ) If in the multiplayer you will have no idea what deck you are up against I will keep using Jericho, mainly because of 10+ health warrior buff. Against your deck, Overturn, Zhanna would be the obvious choice.. and need to think about puwen instead of blake (2/3 for 2 instead of 3/2) to survive Gargolyes and wolfs you made me think...
    Last edited by followtheRain; 02-01-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    FTR, you probably want to add in some puwens in ADDITION to the blakes, just so you hit a 2-cost creature more consistently.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    add in some puwens in ADDITION to the blakes
    good suggestion you're right. I Noticed myself if I don't draw a turn 2 ally the deck has alot of problems. Thanks!
    now have 40 cards: the list above + 4xpuwen and 1xblack market...
    btw sorry for junking up this thread wit my deck, please comment on Overturns deck, guys!
    Last edited by followtheRain; 02-02-2011 at 03:43 PM.